You Voted, We Listened: New Topics on GAG!

gagTake a

Hey GAGers!

A few days ago, we posted a poll question asking you, our community, what new topics you would like to see on GirlsAskGuys. The results were overwhelming! Our question got a total of 1,345 poll votes and 204 opinions (so far) telling us what topics we should add. Because of how many votes there were and how close those results were, we decided to add TWO new topics. So based on your feedback, we have added:

1. Technology & Internet

2. Religion & Spirituality

We also decided to update an existing topic. We changed Society & Culture to Society & Politics to better reflect the type of content that can go there.

For those of you who voted for other topics or named a different topic in your opinion, don't worry! We will be keeping all of your suggestions in mind so you may see your preferred topic in the future! In the meantime, feel free to start posting your awesome questions and myTakes in our new topics! :)

32
25
25Girl Opinion
32Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• luvstoned4him

Thanks @GAG , MUCH APPRECIATED.

I couldnt decide between Religion and Technology and was secretly hoping you placed both. So thanks again :) :)

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• cheapshotbob

very cool change up i like this.

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2431
  • Thisperson98

@gagTake the site keeps getting updated, but when will the multiple security bugs going to be fixed?

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • YourFutureEx

i1.kym-cdn.com/.../1289786310761.jpg
    Some (a lot of) people don't like 'politics', they want to block it, but the topic 'society' is too vast to be blocked. Introduction of politics and merging this with society is not going to help such people.

i1.kym-cdn.com/.../130719130758.jpg
    Religion? Ok nice. Technology and Internet? I don't see this topic getting a lot of questions. Or meaningful questions at least. (Even though I have a passion for this.

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../665.png
    I'll still be waiting for 'sports'. There're no such topic in which we'd talk about this. And no, 'entertainment and arts' is totally different.

But hey, it's good that you're trying to make the things better :)

Like 9 People
    Reply
    • Completely agree!

• @danyalovettie44 thanks for the support :)
      i0.kym-cdn.com/.../1325449705482.png

• You said the truth! I was basically thinking what you just said after I read the new topics! haha

• WhereAmI

I'll wait for the next poll to vote for "Does alien life exist?". www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/h040.gif www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a050.gif

LikeDisagree 8 People
    Reply
  • Robin48

Do not have politics and society together. It just does not mix very well.

Society & Culter is better. They overlap each other in a better way.

LikeDisagree 10 People
    Reply
  • menina

I was hoping that more people would choose the same topic I did. But I still want to see it in the future.
    Technology and Internet sounds like an interesting topic. And I guess people will post a lot of questions and answers. It will be a popular topic.
    Although I've seen tons of questions about religion, I sense that it will cause some arguments.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • nightwing66

i say both. the reason why. let's technology. before the internet people were of what is coming of new century. the technology will conquer anything, fro your job, your families, and your religion. here one question to everyone. if you have to pick of both of them. i will pick none of them. if you go to church. when you at church. and, look at any female that attended. here is question: if you ask them which she pick technology or religion? they pick religion. they're lying to you. because, they believe in religion they do not use the internet. some of the women and girls they use for their homework. if they do not use it. that is a lie. because, i speak to some the women from other country. they want me pay the internet services and they are a religion person. i told them that you feel so embarrass to ask for money. also, tell them, you're a religion person. you do not have any respect. and, they left. i will pick both of them. i am not bad mouth anyone religion. its up you if the person of not using the because of the religion. and if they can not use the internet, some women that met online, they say they are religion. but, they drink liquor. that is false.

Reply
  • HeckYeah

Thanks, I already blocked the religious one. The other one seems interesting and can be helpful.

LikeDisagree 16 People
    Reply
    • Hidden_P

Quite disappointed people downvoted this.

Surely you Christians, Muslims, etc should be happy the people who don't share your views, or any views, aren't influencing your decision?

*high fives self for not saying bible badgers and terroists* oh wait...

• HeckYeah

@Hidden_P They're just being crybabies

• Hidden_P

It annoys me - athetists or agnostics are pretty accepting that others have views, but religious people go mental if you don't believe what they do. I mean, a virgin woman who was "impregnated by god" - nowadays she would be on Jeremy Kyle being called (rightly so) a bullshitting cheater.

• DiegoO

-_-, a topic about ravelling would be better. In Religion and Spirituality there will only be atheist vs believers.

ak.jogurucdn.com/.../...9b22fdf328d793a61a81a3.jpg

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • TheDevilInside

No, gag, I want to unsubscribe to politics ONLY, not society. I'm still interested in society. So no, you didn't listen. Don't pretend like you did

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • Iron_Man

Glad to see the religious ones in there I voted for it although it should be number one

LikeDisagree 12 People
    Reply
    • Meh that's the dumbest topic they could have added. Politics and religion are generally the 2 worst topics to moderate on any site (most simply ban it all together if they care about the trolls, flaming, etc) , very labor intensive.

• Iron_Man

I disagree it's all about spreading the Lord Jesus Christ word witnessing to people and you can do it real well on the internet and in person. @SunnyCaliGirl isn't that right?

• Yeah for the gullible that eats that horse shit if it's served to them on a silver platter that's shiny enough. Luckily a growing number (ie France is 40% atheist, probably far higher in China if reliable data were available) are seeing religion for what it is thanks to that internet you mentioned: a manipulative adult version of a fairy tale/bedtime story telling people what they want to hear even though it's not true. Most of the remaining believers only see god as a convenient scapegoat, since it's easier to blame that than themselves or just bad luck (the most likely reasons) for life's problems.

• CrystalChild

My only worry is that these topics are sensitive and I can see even more contention by explicitly asking or ragging on these topics

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • XuR_CXV_115

Man :/ the religious one is gonna cause soooo many arguments

Like 6 People
    Reply
    • I know, hope hiring an army of mods still makes it worth it, especially considering when advertisers realize the majority are using Adblock and not seeing the garbage they are pushing.

• Ah the hell with the arguments

• Jemini_Crocket

I still hope that you will one day add Politics too. I think that Religion & Spirituality is a risky topic. The first topic (Technology & Internet) is a usual one and is everywhere.

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • LoveHorses

Why not just make politics as it own catalog? Also, a traveling topic would be cool.

Technology & Internet sounds cool and I agree with that one

Like 5 People
    Reply
  • Cinder301

I maybe wrong but weren't those two there already? I don't really care for either, but that's just me.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • dudeinohio

You should REQUIRE political topics to go to society and politics and allow us to report questions that ate in other groups, so we don't have to see all the political questions.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • DaniaMQ

Nice topics! :) hope next time you guys get to add "Traveling" its interesting and probably lots of us are curious about it

Reply
  • BeeNee

Awe Democracy, there you are old friend. I'm glad GaG turned out in record numbers to vote for the new topics. Should be interesting.

Reply
  • yoshi_wanna_ask

Yes! Thank you, these two new topics will be great :)

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • AriadneSky

#Psychology

A lot of questions are about how to problem solve, handle other people, but they show up as part of dating or flirting or relationship situations, but you are not necessarily IN a relationship with the person you are trying to understand or if its about yourself you are not in a relationship with yourself. and you are not asking about boy or girl or trying to he a gender debate , rather taking a look at human behavior in many situations. Also some people are just interested in psychology. What affects people motivates them angers them pleases them makes them tick.

When i go to ask a question about a persons behavior or my own, i never know what category to put it in bc its not about a relationship or a friend if i 'like' them nor do i want to bias people by making it about gender. It would be very helpful if there was a category that dealt with Emotional intelligence.

LikeDisagree 2 People
    Reply
  • Show More (35)