Men have a shorter life-span than women!

Someone on this website started a discussion about men having shorter life-spans. When I told her my answer, I was called "sexist," she removed my comment and blocked me. I was censored.

So, I will talk about it here instead.

Men have a much shorter life-span than women because quite simply, we have much more dangerous jobs. We are also more willing to put our lives on the line for work, food, and to protect our families.

We go to war, are police officers, miners, sanitation workers, sewer cleaners, loggers, fishers, pilots, hazardous material removers, roofers, steel and iron workers, construction workers, etc. We also are statistically more stressed and have a much higher suicide rate than women.

I do understand women work these jobs too. However, statistically speaking, men are the extreme majority of these jobs. Men also statistically work more hours than women... and that's okay. It's our job as providers.

So please tell me, why is there such strong hate for masculinity and men these days? Why must feminism put down who we are as men? There is nothing wrong with being a strong, hard-working, risk-taking, man.

518

Most Helpful Girl

• Exacly! I agree with your point you used logic and facts the person who blocked you is really immuture.

However I've reslized many women calling themself feminism and hating men and they also seam jealous of men. Like my sister can comment sometimes like "fuck men" or something sexist against men and she has also said she is jealous of men for being stronger and smarter on avarage.

Also some girls in school talk shit about men in general and call themself feminism even a teacher but they also show they are jealous. So I Think it goes together. And ofcorse some things men are better at on avarage and some are women better at so there's no need to be jealous.

I don't identify as a feminism I want real equality so I don't hate period.

• Thanks for MHO!😊

• Lol. You just reminded me of a stroy where I was with my parents and we were watching the news and it portrayed a gathering of all the women who were codebreakers in WWII. My dad wondered aloud why there aren't as many women interested in STEM fields despite this many women were working where it mainly started and the very practice of programming was invented by a woman. My mother answered something like "because the men got in there and acted like idiots" and she claims that she is not a feminist.

Most Helpful Guys

• I bet it was wither attractivegirl899 or Americanteengirl who blocked you right? Both the same person by the way, and she's had many other accounts. That's all she does, make stupid arguments and then delete your comments when she knows you're right.

But yeah, we do live shorter lives. Im not sure whether work has entirely to do with it but it probably has a lot to do with it. Men also take a lot more risks by nature, maybe that means many more of us die young.

• I remember sometime last month, it was one going by the name "Aphrodite", I wonder if it is the same girl...

• @ShadowofRegret

It is the same girl. She also had another one called CoolGirl399 or something, and one before that. She always makes new profiles and posts off of multiple accounts, but she's so stupid that she says the exact same things on each one so it's easy to tell who she is.

• I have not been here too long, so I have not heard of "coolgirl", but thank you for clearing that up.

• Struggling with thoughts of suicide myself. I am truly alone and bitter towards women but this post made my day. I should take pride in my desire to protect and provide but i can't help but feel women today don't care and even respect men for that anymore. I feel so worthless and lost...

• Women don't mature until their 30's. In the mean-time, build yourself up and travel. :)

• So are you thinking about suicide because of women? Maybe just forget women if they depress you so badly.

• @PrettyRegular That's terrible advice. Lol

Join the discussion

416
  • "Someone on this website started a discussion about men having shorter life-spans. When I told her my answer, I was called "sexist," she removed my comment and blocked me. I was censored."

I notice that those feminists do that any time someone confronts them with logic, I think mainly because feminism is not based on logic, but on raw and unrestrained, negative emotion.

But that is a good take.

• You pointed out logic and truth to a feminist... and she did what they do, she silenced you.
    Nothing pisses a feminist off more than truth and logic.

• Only part of the story. Even without that differential, men wouldn't live as long because testosterone. It screws up the cardiovascular system and makes us more vulnerable to cancer.

• Yeah there's one girl on here who keeps making new accounts and that's all she does is remove people's comments. And she always asks dumb questions like "why are all men pedophiles?" and stuff like that.

• I personally do not agree that men should have the job of being providers.
    But anyways, every movement will become toxic at some point, even though it usually just bad seeds who are the minority monopolizing the whole public image. Feminist don’t hate men. The extreme ones do, and they have the louder voice. Why? Because violence and hate is more attractive to the human eye. It’s simply what we are most quick to respond to whether we like it or not. You say that feminism puts men down but let’s not forget men contribute to this as well. Men need to encourage and uplift each other more often.

• I agree its scientifically true too, another thing I don't know about now but according to a year ago, men without a spouse have an even shorter lifespan in comparison to the average male.

I feel that a lot of this stems from men not being able to ask for help (other than just having more dangerous jobs). Boys are taught from a young age to not cry or be weak and society builds that mentality into men. So it's often hard for a guy to ask others for help, receive help (people always think a guy should only rely on himself) and accept help. A perfect example for this is that there's way more shelters for women in need compared to men.

• There's also another factor, and this is from a stat I read of many times before:
    While more women attempt suicide than men, men are far more likely to "succeed" in killing themselves in the attempt than women.

This is anecdotal, but back during the Asian financial crisis of 1997, there were a slew of once-rich businessmen who killed themselves because they could no longer provide for their family - not being able to provide for your family is considered a huge shame for a man, at least in Asia.

• To hell with the woman who blocked you. What you typed is absolutely true. Feminism is a plot of Satan to destroy the family.

• 3 in 4 people getting strikes by thunder on a yearly basis would be men...

Due to their chromosomes, men has about 6% less life than women but also has about 6% more likely to be given birth.

Men tend to have a larger brain than women but that's because of their bigger body that needs more neurons to function.

Most occupational fatalities (90%+) in US would be men but they only take about 50% of the workforce.

Men are more likely going to drop out of school, needs special education, going to jail, getting murdered and murdering people.

Men also tend to have 50% body fat than women. Roughly 10%-15% body fat vs 20%-25%. For comparison a modern PIG has roughly 15% body fat.

• Yes, there is some truth to this. There are many factors which determine overall lifespan.

• interesting additional fact considering your topic:
    even if you made men and women in society exactly the same, men would still have a shorter life-span on average, because men are statistically more prone for infant death and have higher stillborn rates than women. at this point in development, lifestyle and society had no chance to get an influence on a male life-span, yet they die more than women.

so while there are societal reasons for men having a shorter livespan as you said, there are also biological reasons that we don't understand yet. we just know that they exist.

• Exactly. In general men live more dangerous and stressful lives.

• You left out the booze and smoking factors.

• For what reason do men smoke and drink more? Well, because men are statistically more stressed. And why are men more stressed? Because they have longer work hours, have much more dangerous jobs on average, and are pressured to make money while women aren't as much.

• Its debatable that men have shorter life span

• Good take

• Men die first because we want to.

• LONG LIVE MEN!

LONG LIVE BROTHERS!

• This is a simple fact, I really think there was no need to write an entire take just because of some ignorant retard who blocked you (blocking is the second most immature thing you can do on this site anyway, right after reporting someone's comment).

Also, did you know that even in this day and age when we have feminism and all that retarded shit, men still make up nearly 100% of all workplace fatalities?

Anybody who disagrees with you can only bitch and whine, but if we look at things objectively, what you claim is a simple fact, and facts are not subjective.

• several reasons

MEN DO ALL THE WORK
    men get the least amount of love
    men get no help
    men get treated like shit just for being a man

everything to make a man die quicker

• Thank you!!! For this good myTake!
    This brings up some of the reasons I adore men.
    I love men and will cheer you on as long you're not an ass or a bad person, haha.
    But it does make me a bit sad.