The Nice Guy (finishes last?)

MissPoirot

The Nice Guy (finishes last?)
So I've seen a lot on here lately about nice guys finishing last and girls going for the bad boys. I would like to share my opinion with you.

There is a difference between 'nice' and 'desperate'

If you really are a good guy of course girls will fall for you. But what I think is going on her is a wrong definition of 'nice'. Because let's face it, showing a girl you care is nice but guys tend to get clingy. Girls do NOT like clingy guys, I can speak from experience when I say that it gets annoying fast. And another thing, these 'nice' guys complain when the girl doesn't like them and claim that they were such a good friend. But this suggests they were only being nice to you in the hope of a romantic relation ship. That is NOT being a good friend. It is not her fault that she only wants to be friends.

So my advice to you guys out there who feel like they end last because they're too 'nice' is this:

1. Be friends with a girl just to be friends with her and don't expect more each time.

2. Really be there for her and not because you want to get in her pants.

3. It is nice to show a girl you care and definitely and don't ignore her if you like her. However, girls enjoy the chase too and admire a bit of mystery in a man so don't text her every single day, maybe twice a week and definitely don't follow her around like a puppy. Make it clear you like her but don't come on too strong.

4. Notice the signals she is giving you, if she seems annoyed, leave her alone and don't cone on even stronger.

If you truly are a nice guy you probably won't even have this problem and girls will fall for you because of who you are. My definition of a nice guy is helping out people without wanting anything back from them, being a good friend, never hurting anyone and also respecting the girl's feelings even if that means she isn't in to you.

And guys, don't focus on the girls you know you can't have because trust me, there are girls who would do anything for you and more often than not, you ignore them.

Good luck!

The Nice Guy (finishes last?)

The Nice Guy (finishes last?)
12
3
3Girl Opinion
12Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• MellyMarie
    It took me 30 years to finally get a "nice guy". I'm not sure that I perpously overlooked or dismissed nice guys. I think that I was more or less attracted to broken men. I think that I was broken as well? Whatever the reason, after 30 years of dating men who turned out to be jerks, I realized what I didn't want! And I raised my standards. I was fed up with being treated like trash. My tolerance for BS diminished and I set boundaries. As young women we are easily fooled and overtime some of us figure out what we want and don't want. Now I am with a total "good guy" who is my best friend and treatse like gold. He is the most genuine person I know. Sometimes women have to go through a lot of a-holes to realize what good man is.
    Is this still revelant?
    • MissPoirot

That is so great I am really happy for you! Hope you guys will always be very happy together😄

• Che bella <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous
    Just recycling the usual stereotypes of nice guys etc. Just admit that women are batshit crazy and go for the dark triad kind of sociopathic assholes already... most nice guys have no future in love at their current state. oh and sweetfart? let me tell you a secret. there is almost no nice guy who isn't partly a good guy deep inside to one or another degree.
    Is this still revelant?
    • MissPoirot

Thanks for your opinion and I laughed at the sweetfart part :p but not all women love assholes. If they did then all of the assholes would have left them and all women would be alone whereas there are a lot of people in happy relationships. What i don't understand is why people split guys in nice and assholes. Those are not the only traits girls go for. Funny, intelligent, romantic, tough, relaxed etc.

• Anonymous

who said all assholes abandon their victims? every proper sadist prefers to has his victim nearby, keeping it depended to him and manipulatable. they say about some women trying to get pregnant to "trap" they guy in the relationship. there is an equal amount of aholes using similar tactics. so the "asshole= use n abandon" logic = fail.

• MissPoirot

Yes but that doesn't change the fact that there are a LOT more healthy relationships with people who actually like each other. All women like assholes=NOT TRUE

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

211
  • Scrambled
    No... I did all the above... were there for them, were their friends (still help them out after many years etc and never got anyone. Nice guys will always finish last, simple as that. Its because they are bred as timid deer in a world of lions and lionesses.
    • molan

As she said you definition of nice guy isn't the same as her definition.

Less attractive guys do finish last, but less attractive is not the same as being nice.

• MissPoirot

And nice isn't the only trait a girl is searching for. Just like good looks, a guy doesn't have to be goodlooking for a girl to fall for him. Maybe you don't have the same sense of humor or maybe you just aren't her type. And are you saying you're only being nice in the hope of something more? Cuz that isn't so nice. And believe me, there is a girl out there who is perfect for you and you will find love. But that is also what I meant by not being desperate, stop searching for love and when you least expect it it will come your way. This will give you the chance to focus on YOU and do what you enjoy to do. When you are having a good time, others will like you. Good luck!

• MissPoirot

And thank you @molan

• ManuelMarquez
    Well, I don't like it when guys call a woman a bitch just because she rejected him, or if he gets mad at her for rejecting him. I understand feeling sad though but in generall most nice guys aren't fake nice guys. I am saying this because of the ''to try to get in her pants.'' Most nice guys actually are nice to people in general and most aren't friends with a girl to try to get into her pants.
    • MissPoirot

That is true, I have seen what you are talking about. But the problem with them is they get too excited or clingy. But I know there are also true nice guys tgat get rejected and it isn't their fault either. Maybe they were just not her type. Thanks for your opinion!

• Your welcome.

• YourFutureEx
    According to traditional definitions, if we follow your steps, we'll not be nice guys anymore. These things with make him a good guy (which is different).
    • MissPoirot

No of course not. I said to be her friend without just thinking about sex, that is being nice. And I said not to be clingy, how is clingy the traditional definition of a good guy? Those are not things that make a guy a good guy.

• I didn't say that. You should check again and understand me what I am trying to do.

• I am trying to say*.

• Jaysunf
    Yeah whatever, the whole point is to get into her pants, stupid article.
    • MissPoirot

Yes and the whole point of this article was to tell you that when a woman rejects you, you shouldn't be surprised and say 'but I am duch a nice guy'

• MissPoirot

*such

• Jaysunf

Oh okay I'm sorry, my intentions are to get into the females pants, but that can change and may not always be the case.

• JoshyJames
    love is strange...
    • Meee97

Cheating is not love, my friend!

• Scandanavian
    In my book nice guys finish first!
  • LilWeezey
    This. All the high fives.
  • The_Empty
    Shush, girlie, what do you know?
    • MissPoirot

Well I know that you probably think of yourself as a 'nice guy' or you wouldn't take the time to leave this opinion here.

• The_Empty

I know that you're 16 and know nothing of the world, yet pretend to.

• MissPoirot

Hahaha says a 17 year old boy.. am I supposed to take what you say seriously? And I do know a lot about the world, I also know that people don't like to hear the truth.

• Anonymous
    This whole "nice guys" thing is just women deflecting from the real issue, which is that bad boys make wet panties and good guys are taken for granted and overlooked. This is coming from a guy who has had great success with women as a "bad boy".

Ladies - stop deflecting long enough to take look in the mirror for a change. This is about you, not men.
    • MissPoirot

It is true that a lot of women like bad boys, because they are exciting and girls also like the chase. However, even you can't truly believe that ALL women like bad boys. Lost of women like good guys. Or should I say guys who have lots of good qualities, because niceness isn't the only trait to look for. This isn't about women. I was talking about guys who get TOO nice to get in a girl's pants and gets clingy and desperate and too excited, which is annoying. And they keep on whining that them being nice keeps them from having a relationship, whereas this is not the case because they aren't really that nice.

• Anonymous

I used to be a genuinely nice guy, because I was raised that way and it was just my nature. It got me nowhere with women and when i got to college I saw that most of the few guys having real success with women were not nice guys. I changed my approach and I got laid in college more times than I care to admit. Most of the guys around me who had little to no success with women were just genuinely nice guys. They weren't trying to be... they just were, and it got them nowhere either.

• Anonymous

What you are saying is that these “nice guys” are not really nice; they’re just pretending to be. Why would they pretend to be nice when it’s obvious to them and everyone else that it does them no good? It makes no sense. For you, as a woman, the problem is not guys pretending to be nice, but rather guys like me pretending to be jerks to get you in the sack.

You’re just deflecting, as I said earlier, and it does you and your gender no good. How long will it take for you to realize that and take an honest approach instead? Everyone will be better off for it.

• Anonymous
    lol at you thinking men actually want to be friends with girls, if a guy is friends with you it is because he at some point wanted to sleep with you (99% of the time)
    • MissPoirot

You're kidding right :p they can be friends when they're not attracted to each other right?

• Anonymous

hahahahahahah no! i am not joking, almost never will a man be close (ish) friends with a women he is not sexually attracted to, look into the differences between male and female sexuality, don't assume we are anything like you.

• MissPoirot

Wow that sucks xD but they say that some guys see their best girl friends as guys and like fistbump them and chestbump although that does seem painful..

• Anonymous
    Yea it sucks being in the friendzone, but instead of complaining about it we should do something about it and try to help these people. Keep in mind there are many clingy women out there too, as well as women who get friendzoned. Most are just people who don't have very high social skills and are trying to find love.
    • MissPoirot

Yeah I agree. It is the desperate trying that is the reason why they don't find it

• Anonymous

Yes, but the desperation is not often a sign of malice or "expectation of sex" for either gender. It is usually a sign of frustration, due to lack of social skills, and although trying as hard as possible failing miserably repeatedly. I believe the number of "clingy" people would go down greatly if more people would just try and teach people basic empathy and social skills.

• MissPoirot

Yes that is true thanks for your opinion!

• Anonymous
    "Being a nice guy really works!" said no guy ever.

Oh, and I love this "fake nice guy" bullshit label. You try being a dude, being totally outnumbered fighting for a few woman, getting rejected (of course after they enjoy a free meal) and not feeling bitter about it. We get resentful because we are human fucking beings, not "fake nice guys."
    • MissPoirot

I was not saying that every guy who gets rejected is a fake nice guy, I am sorry you misunderstood me. Of course it hurts when you really go for a woman and she rejects you. I just meant guys are saying they get rejected BECAUSE they are nice and I think that just being there for a woman because you want a relationship isn't nice. You're doing it for yourself. But real nice guys, aren't just nice to womem they want to sleep with but for people in general and this willbe appreciated. I am not saying nice guys are fake. I am saying if you are only nice for sex, you aren't so nice. But I am sure you are not one of these guys. But there really is a girl who is worth your time!

• Anonymous
    fuck you bitch!