One Way to Lose Weight QUICKLY

Catalie

One Way to Lose Weight QUICKLY

Hello everyone! Today, I would like to share with you the number one way to lose weight QUICKLY. This isn't a ridiculous starvation diet or anything of that sort. It is just one simple change to make in your every day life.

According to a survey by my local college, the average person drinks 5-8 drinks per day, and only 2 of those drinks are water. The typical daily beverages for the average person aged 18-50 is as follows:

2 cups of water

1 cup of fruit juice (orange juice, grape juice, etc.)

1 cup of coffee

2 cups of soda

1 alcoholic beverage

Do you drink orange juice because you think it is healthy? It isn't. One 8 ounce glass of orange juice has 23 grams of sugar, and one 8 ounce glass of grape juice has 40 grams of sugar.

The reason you are gaining wait isn't only because of what you eat. In fact, 45% of the weight you gain comes from what you drink.

So how do you lose weight? Drink ONLY water. No coffee, no soda, not even fruit juice. JUST WATER. You will lose weight very quickly.

I hope this helps you!

-Catalie

One Way to Lose Weight QUICKLY
25
16
16Girl Opinion
25Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    I already drink water. It's considerably the more economical choice, because the cafeteria offers free water with ice. At home, water is always boiling, so that's all I drink. Water is a good choice, but you still need your other nutrients from food, or else you'll starve. Physical activity helps with strengthening muscles, which can consume stored fuel (fat).
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• BertMacklinFBI
    i lost 50 lbs on the krispy kreme diet
    Like 4 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1524
  • COCOCHANEL
    i started doing this years ago but it didn't make me lose weight. i've never been overweight but still. i continue to do it just for general wellbeing.
  • ConsultantIsBack
    OMG THANK YOU! I have told countless people in my life, fruit juices ARE SODA!!! (essentially identical sugar and acid content as soda). And lots of people pile in sugar into their coffee too, and beer is calorie intensive.

Alternatively guys if you can't just do water, drink sparkling water, or diet soda (it's controversial in the nutrition academic world, but in moderation it appears safe--and definitely is safe compared to regular soda..).
    Like 2 People
    • I've heard that diet soda makes you fat because of secretion of insulin.

• Catalie

@YourFutureEx Yeah diet soda is just as bad as regular soda, but for different reasons.

• @YourFutureEx diet soda in moderation is fine. No one on this site has read more research on it than I have I promise you. I drink diet soda occasionally and I have better Abs than all of you guys, end of discussion.

• Spiorad_Aisce
    Very wise take and totally correct just one thing to add - Have a look at portion control, you might be eating healthy but if you are eating too much of something it becomes unhealthy but to reiterate what you say drink as much water in your daily fluid intake - If you find it very hard sugar free diluted drinks are probably next best but pure fruit juice, sodas are loaded with sugar.
    Like 1 Person
    • Catalie

Yes that's great advice! Portion control is extremely important :)

• Outofthegrey
    While I have always drank just water (vodka counts as water.), the big thing for me to stay healthy was reading a book called The China Study. Kind of scares you into changing your diet, and you start feeling incredible after about a week.
    Like 1 Person
  • Prof_Don
    I agree very much with this; liquid calories add up quickly and most have little to no nutritional value.

I do feel that juice is ok in moderation, but most people overdrink juice because of its vitamin and mineral content and "thinking that it is healthy".
    Like 1 Person
    • I just started drinking orange juice everyday because I was having a hard time getting enough vitamin c over the winter. I usually have 1 or 2 cups.. I didn't gain a single pound. in fact, I've lost weight. :( and that's the only change I made. so, no it's not quite that simple. unless the oj their drinking is full of hfcs it isn't going to cause any weight gain.

• BambooforPanda
    I don't drink only water but I only drink non-calorie beverages. Not diet anything just black or herbal teas and coffee.

It makes a big difference if you drank them before but it's not the only thing contributing to weight gain for people but I am on the bandwagon that most people who are dangerously obese are practicing fairly easily avoidable bad health habits. Changing just one thing like this, say never eating at McDonalds again, could drop someone 20lbs in a year.
  • Hannah591
    I don't drink juice because of the sugar. People seriously need to look what's in things and also educate themselves. My overweight friend thinks 20g of sugar is fine.

I have squash but extremely weak as I don't like plain water so I add a slight flavour to it, it's almost just flavoured water, not squash. Most of my sugar comes from my tea but at least I can control it and literally see the sugar going in. Sweeteners aren't much better as your body finds it harder to digest.
  • Josht11
    I think literally everyone knows that fruit juice is very bad for your teeth and has lots of sugar and water is good sure you can say just drink water and excercise but most people don't do this cos they don't have the willpower to lose weight or don't want to this is no revelation.
  • Mustachekitteh
    I'm already basically drinking water everyday. It's rare if I drink anything else so my losing weight is still to do with food.
    Like 1 Person
  • John_Doesnt
    You need Barbie as a personal trainer. She's been making young women feel insecure about their bodies for decades. Just look at the results she gets on the Fattest Fat Loser.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VraZ3-1cwXI
  • thewanderingme
    it's better to do it slowly unless you're just trying to lose a few pounds. a woman like the one above would end up with a ton of loose skin if she lost the weight fast.
  • takumii
    No sugar is too obvious. Try burning more calories than you intake.. Don't do extreme long hour workout.. Running just 10 minutes, at 4min/km will burn around 200-250 calories.
    Prefer intense over time consuming.
    Like 1 Person
  • ksoma
    You are not wrong, but your picture is.
    It is entirely about calories.
    fruit juice, soda, and alcohol have roughly the same calories in them.
    usually 120 or so per serving.
    So if four servings a day are drank at that level, that is 480 calories, 1/4th the recommended intake, that is in beverage.

Cutting that beverage, and drinking water instead, IS INDEED a great way to lose weight, but that is because you are cutting calories out of your diet.

the picture is also wrong to say it is not about exercise. If you do enough extra to burn 480 more calories a day, that is the same effect as not taking in those calories at all, and leads to the same weight loss... with the added benefit of muscle strength, body tone, and stamina build up.
    Like 1 Person
  • orphan
    better off eating the fruit to slow down the abortion of sugar.

solid points though... i've noticed current society is dependent on diuretics & sugar. basically everyone is dehydrated.
    Like 1 Person
  • DarkHumorRUs
    I'll try this til the end of college (two weeks) and share the results. Gonna be hard to do though cause I love drink variety!
    Like 1 Person
  • RationalMale
    Solid point. When you start reading labels, it shows how much weight you can add on with just drinks. So many people, it seems, only consider what they eat, and they don't stop to realize they are drinking a ton of calories as well.
  • BarbaraP
    I hate when people are like "I can't drink only water... I NEED something else" You CAN'T, yeah sure. You don't WANT to.
  • Curmudgeon
    Well stated, but if you take your coffee black, is that so bad? And after drinking black coffee, you are usually thirsty for water anyway.
    • Catalie

Drinking your coffee black is fine, but most people find that too bitter and add milk or sugar causing it to be unhealthy.

• lopflodin
    Obviously the fastest way to lose weight is to stop eating in the right climate shouldn't take any more then 3 months till your just a skeleton
    Like 1 Person
  • aliceinwonderland69
    I drink almost exclusively water, several pints a day, and I'm still fat.
    Like 2 People
    • You also need to not eat food with high quantities of sugar (for example McDonald's burgers)

• Yes I know that but she is claiming that it is as simple as drinking water which it clearly is not.

• Ah..

• Show More (19)