10 Reasons Why You Aren't Losing Weight

Sometimes you may be losing weight but not noticing it, and other times you are just doing something wrong.

10 Reasons Why You Aren't Losing Weight

1. You eat too much and unhealthy

Even if you are exercising, eating way more than you should per day to lose weight it's gonna have the opposite effect.

2. You exercise too much

You just started as a beginner but you are forcing your body to do more than it can, it can cause water retention which will make you appear heavier and other things that may lead to weight gain.

10 Reasons Why You Aren't Losing Weight

3. You eat too little

This is pretty self explanatory. Yes, sometimes you can lose weight by not eating much but it's not going to last.

4. You eat the same calorie intake everyday

Counting your calories can lead to obsession but sometimes it's for your good. Change the calories intake everyday.

5. You aren't exercising

Diet is 80% and workout is 20%. It is true but exercising will give a sprint to fat loss especially if you didn't eat over the limit before starting and you had an average body weight.

6. You lift weights at gym

You may not notice fat loss on the scale but the numbers are increasing because of the muscles.

7. You don't drink enough water

Water is the key to weight loss, drink more especially if you have water retention.

10 Reasons Why You Aren't Losing Weight

8. You need a new scale

Sometimes the scales aren't that accurate, the best way to keep track of your body is using a tape measurement.

9. You have a medical issue

This can happen when you are older but there are a few exceptions.

10. You aren't motivated enough

1125

Most Helpful Guys

• Uh... most of these are decent, but weightlifting is a good way to burn fat. True, if your only concern is *weight,* then I guess just don't eat at all ever, but that's a bad idea. Lifting is a good thing for overall health.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know it's good, but people who want to lose weight take more in consideration the weight on the scale, which is wrong

• Uhmm, as a fitness guy, and crossfit guy, lifting weights help lose weight. Thing is, you need to do LIGHT WEIGHT.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Exactly, you won't build a mg of muscle if you are on a calorie deficit (unless you're a beginner or roiding)

• @VOLcel I agree with this. The scale isn't accurate, it tells everything not just fat.

Most Helpful Girls

• People need to stop obsessing over weight loss and start focusing on fat loss instead. I lost a significant amount of weight due to sickness and load of exam, does it sound good to you?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • You got a few good points here, but I cannot agree with some of these...
    3: You cannot eat "too little to lose weight". No, just no. The only reason "eating too little" doesn't last is if you continue to eat like a pig once you're done with losing weight. The same thing happens if you eat "enough" during diet. Eating too little may lead to not enough nutrients intake and more water storages though.
    4: It doesn't matter if you change your intake or not, as long as you have a deficite you'll constantly lose fat
    6: In most cases thats just a lie people tell to themselves. A man can only gain about 1kg and a woman about 0,5kg muscles a month, as a beginner, under perfect circumstances. That can't really hide a constant fat loss.

The most common reason though is not counting exact enough. Estimating calorie intake doesn't work, for no one. A portion of selfmade salad you may estimated to have 500kcal may aswell have 1500kcal. The only way to know is to weight every used incredient up as exactly as possible.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 23

• "You eat too much and unhealthy"

I stopped there. Right there is my problem. LOL.

• Its more about body fat percentage and what kind of calories you are eating if you dont wanna end up skinny fat you need to go with a high protein diet and do some weight lifting especially compound exercises
    Its not only about calory intake there is after burn effects where your body burns more calories by repairing itself if you do stuff like HIIT
    Squat empty all glycogen level and is very high demanding on the CNS and everything
    Also you dont have to cheat recklessly one of my friend is eating pizza pochette with 2 boxes of drumstick stacked with poutine you can go softer than that
    I do either 30 mins jump rope at really high intensity or 10-20K roller blade run or running at 10 kmh from 5 to 8K 5 times a week stacked with 3 times a week to the gym doing compounds squat deadlift push press benchpress chinup pull dip etc you gotta work those legs to increase your methabolism rate and do the compound exercises
    I also do some gymnastics because it really the whole body and I love it
    Its not complicated do your cardio do your squat be consistant I cheat 2 days a week and I get really drunk 1 time a week to fully recover my glycogen level

• yeh and i meant go high rep do some super or triple set to a set of 12 push press and jump rope
      people doesn't like the hard exercises

• Good myTake.
    BUT EVERYBODY ONLY NEEDS TO LEARN ONLY 2 THINGS TO LOSE WEIGHT! Watch this scientifically accurate video on how to lose weight, it's very informative for both experts and beginners.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck

• 2. Nope.
    3. Nope.
    4. Nope.
    7. Nope.
    8. Nope. Best way is to use clippers and a scale.

Not trying to flame or anything. In just very experienced in this sector so i dont like seeing inaccurate stuff.

• Sometimes medical issues are overlooked by your primary care doctor or a general practitioner. it is good to get a second opinion by going to a specialist.

• Who gives a fuck on a weight number, how you look in the mirror is what counts

• "eating too much" that's incorrect. You can eat as much as you want, until you're full, as long as it's healthy.

• Incorrect, I've been dieting, fasting and doing everything in these years and if you eat healthy but above your calorie intake, you WILL gain weight.

• Yes sure, because your body builds muscle mass out of proteines. But it can't built an infinite amount of muscles, at least not as long as you don't take steroides. It does also take a long time to actually build up muscle mass. There are natural borders to this.
      People usually want to eat more than they burned during sports by the way.

• @Hurlyburly Yes they do lol. Why are you acting like you know this? Are you a secret body builder? Lmao

• G@g got scared 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Thank you

• What about not gaining the weight?

• This is very rudimentary but it’s it horrible.

• *Uses number 9 as an excuse anyways* :P

• Ugh I agree with no.1 but that's about it.

• thank you

• gain it

• I eat too much bread.

• everybody responds different to exercise
    I'm currently very lean & in well cardiovascular shape & eat pretty much hat I want but the hours between my meals is at least 21 hours & I feel energized throughout the fasting state

I don't eat completely healthy either
    I eat red meats/PB & J's/sugar proccéd cereal/, high quantities of rice/chocolate donuts in my eating time & I don't feel full or drowsy or even bloated after eating

• "3. You eat too little". That explains why I'm underweight even though I eat like a hippo

• Exercising too much is best possible way to lose weight. I dont see point of this post lol. You said some non-sense stuff and some logical stuff just to get some likes and points wew

• Actually, if the body feels like it's losing too much weight, too fast, it will cling to fat cause it feels like its starving. Also obsessive exercise is bad for the body cause you're not giving your body time to rest and recuperate which can lead to injury on the muscle from over use.

• @BrittBratt2416 where did you read that haha? If someoen say that you will trust him right? Im bodybuilder my self and thats completly bullshit for doing cardio, more you do more fat you will lose. For muscle its another story but 2-3hours lifting weights you won't lose muscle and people say more then 1 hour lifitng weight is too much lol. And more you feel like you can't do cardio better it will be. I do running in gym when its at least 35degree and i take 2 t-shirts and run for long time and i can get shredded in 1-2 weeks without problem if i want to. Some people goals are to lose few kg in month and thats their biggest goal and for me its like few days easy cardio. Bigger goals you set bigger results are.

• TOO ALL TH FAT FUCKS
    TAKE MY ADVICE STOP EATING JUST DRINK WATER AND FAST

YOUR WHOLE BODY IS OUT OF WACK

• THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IT IS TO STOP EATING
      YOU FAT FUCKS

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 9

• Not much info here and you cannot NOT lose weight because you exercise too much. Exercising too much might be harmful, or pointless but it would not mean you put on weight or cannot lose it. medical issues such as underactive thyroid affect many women at all ages and it makes it hard for them to lose weight, it affects their metabolism/heart rate, so that would be the number one reason with most women.

• 10 reasons why I'm not losing weight:
    1. I
    2. Like
    3-10. Food

lol
    I don't know, im not all that into exercise but I don't mind going on LONG, and I mean LONG walks. My boyfriend goes to the gym way more than me but for whatever reason, he hates going on extremely long walks and I don't get it. Also trying to curb the foods i like is a hard one for me, sooner later my cravings for certain foods usually win.

• Many have No Motivation, And this Can be Mental. xx

• Have sex to do so.

• One is I'm not working hard enough at it.

• Your metabolism is just simply shit, theirs one

• I get what you are saying but i dont agree at all I'm sorry

• Oh please spare us with the expert advice. Anyone pretends to be an expert in fitness and give unqualified advice that only nutritional therapists or medical professionals can give

• Good take