7 Ways to Include Positivity In Your Life

A lot of people are too negative these days. There is a difference between realism/honesty and negativity. You can approach things from different perspective and it doesn't necessarily always have to be the negative one.

1. Go out for a walk everyday

Alone. Walk your dog. Walk on your own. Just for 10-30 minutes. It really clears your mind and helps you feel better.

2. If you can afford to, get a pet

I'm an animal lover. I had very weird pets and very conventional ones. I love animals and they all have different personalities, any animal owner will say that is true! Pets are very loving and can make your bad day a lot better. Even volunteering at an animal shelter can also make you feel a lot better. If animals aren't your thing, try a human shelter.

3. Give yourself a break

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes, that is unproductive and does no good. Do push yourself to work harder, but don't beat yourself up for everything.

4. Find time for the things you love

Whether its hanging out with a loved one, drawing, reading a good book or whatever it is you like doing, organize your time and try to squeeze it into your schedule. I have a very busy schedule, but I still have a lot of time for my hobbies and the things I like doing.

5. Learn to love your own company

You are not always going to be surrounded by others, and that's completely fine! Learn to cope with being alone and enjoying quality time with yourself. Too many people do not know how to do that, but believe me this is the best thing you can do for yourself, is to be independent so when the time comes that not that many people are around you, you learn how to deal with it.

6. Delete your social media

The best thing I have done for myself. Some social media platforms are very toxic, and keeping yourself in those kinds of places will only worsen your mood both consciously and subconsciously.

7. Cut negative people out of your life

Now do not cut everyone off just for disagreeing with you or making you feel bad, sometimes that negative person in your life could be yourself. But if someone is obviously worsening your mental state, continues to treat you badly and never acknowledges their mistakes, cut them out of your life.

Whether it's a family member or a bad friend, never feel guilty for keeping them out of your life if they won't stop making your life worse.

Have a nice day :)

2132

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 32

• Ordinarily I would tend to look askance at things like this. That happiness is facilitated by a "To do" list. However, this, on the whole, came across as balanced and useful. Not an assurance of happiness, but rather simple things to work toward happiness.

The two stipulations I would make are that:

1) On a narrow point, while cutting out "people who won't stop making your life worse" is, on the face of it, sensible, it is not always moral. It is to place one's happiness to the fore of other values. In that connection, "love" means willing the good of the other. This then suggests that we owe something more to family and friends than simply the pursuit of our own happiness.

There is more of a balancing act here than the simple assertion of the principle suggests.

2) We were not made solely to be happy. Yes, we want to be happy, and therefore including "positivity" makes sense. However, the principle admits of no limit. If we go for a walk and walk past an elderly woman starving in the street, do we walk on by or do we sacrifice "positivity" for another - arguably greater - good?

Indeed, is there not greater happiness and "positivity" to be had in helping another human being, even if there is cost to ourselves? Happiness and "positivity" may be found sometimes in that which is neither happy nor positive.

Still and all, this was an excellent piece with some generally good suggestions. Well written and well said. My best to the author.

• 1 I run until I drop daily. 2 I would get a pet but I don't think it is fair to make a nice pet miserable too. 3 I punch myself in the head when I make mistakes 4 My hobby is work 5 completely love to be alone 6 don't have any social media and this is going next 7 I cut just about everybody out.

I feel better now. Thanks

• Sometime next year I may get a puppy, in the mean time the things I do to stay content is to invest in the stock market (have to be careful of what stocks I get of course) for the future, I love occasionally playing video games.

And most important I'm writing a novel. Those keep me rather happy. :-D

• In case of pet you can only have one and it's expensive...
    Instead modify your nature..
    Add bird feeders and flower garden you will get plenty of butterflies and sparrows...
    It's makes a hell of a fun place to enjoy..
    In fact today in cities there are very less place for birds and butterflies.. Hence is you make such a place. It will always be filled with birds and butterflies.. And squirrels.. And make sure to keep predators away..

• The part about cutting people out from your life. Well what if you end up alone because you cut everyone out? Lol

• I explained that you shouldn't do that.

• Then cut them all out of your life , if everyone around you is bad for you.
      I'd rather be alone and with my mental peace than be surrounded by people who are bad for me.

• Yes I agree. True

• Although going for a walk can be refreshing, I try to only do it in early mornings or late evenings because there are too many people in the middle of the day and I get glum by seeing so many happy pairs or groups when I'm all alone.

• Excellent advice. I'd love to be greeted by a puppy like that when I come home.

• 1. Get a corgi
    2. get a corgi
    3. get a corgi
    4. get a corgi
    5. get a corgi
    6. get a corgi
    7. make corgi videos.
    There ya go

• 6-7 is where the gold lays at. people ask me why I don't use social media, they should of known me before and after.
    I'm way less concerned about things

• No. 4 How did you know that I love elderly black men hugging each other? 😮

• 8) Masterbate in the morning, and drink some beer... then take a bong hit.

• Great take. For #6 I have social media, I just don't really use it.

• 2,6,7 are the best ones.
    I strongly agree with them and i do them...

• I agree with all of those points.

Treat yourself as number one and you will feel better...

• Nice read, Thanks for sharing. Wonder why you had to post it as an anon

• Keeping it real never mind the latest fad they all pass in due season poularity passes away

• Good Take

• I'm always looking for a new way to be positive.

• Remove negativity*7

• thanks for guidance. Nice tips to be healthy

• Good Take.
    Such a cute puppy! XD

• Yes dogs are great

• Very well said, good points :)

• That puppy is adorable

• I'd love a pet. But I don't like the smell or mess

• Really helpful

• the bible.

• Okay, that wasn't a garbage display

• yes
    you're such a virgin

• I took my dog for a walk and we both got attacked by an American bulldog that got out of it's yard.
    I had to pay $1000s in medical expenses for both myself and the dog.

• Show more from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 21

• Great takeeeee! I am having a hard time with 3 and 5. I used to accuse myself a lot in the past. I was a very cruel person to myself. I think I bullied my self. Literally !! Now I am trying to be more compassionate and appreciate the good things in me. Also I stopped accusing and beating myself for the mistake a I did in the past. I have a long way to go but I'm trying everyday

• I love this! Especially making time for things you love. I suffer from chronic depression, which is separate from my seasonal depression, so it's rough especially at this time of year, but at a seminar recently, a psychologist explained that doing things you once enjoyed, even if you're not in the mood, can improve your mental health as if you still enjoyed it.

• How can you have chronic depression and seasonal depression?

• They are two different things. Specifically, I have dysthymia (low grade persistent depression), which has been affecting me for almost 10 years now, but isn't bad enough to need meds or anything, and seasonal affective disorder, meaning that in the darker months, my depression gets worse. I lose motivation faster, I can't stay focused as much, I'm exhausted from the moment I wake up, and I stop getting excited about my favorite things.

• I can't help it... 7 Ways to Include Positivity In Your Life This cutie is so adorable!

• Make a gratitude list of everything you’re grateful for sometimes a simple thank you for the smallest things can make you happy, listen to upbeat music or watch your favourite film or tv shows

• Wonderful thoughts! Having been through a year of cancer treatment and then the loss of a close relative, I feel able to add more than able to add a couple more things.
    First, live today and every day as if it's your last. Enjoy the sunshine or the rain, smell the flowers and listen to the birds because one day you may lose the ability to enjoy your senses and what they give you.
    Second, treat everyone as if they will be gone by midnight. Respect others as you wish to be respected.
    Third, money is nothing compared to health and happiness, look at your life's balance sheet and get your priorities in to the order.

• 3, 6, and 7 are soo true especially the 3rd one because my dog always helps to cheer me up

• It was pleasant, thanks for making my evening better!..

• I clicked on this for the puppy, I like puppies.

Nice take. :)

• I appreciate this!

• Nice take

• Thank you ❤️

• I’m already happy, but thank you for sharing 🤗

• Lovely take! <3

• Very nice

• Love it awesome take 👍❤️

• Good take

• Actually this works lol thanks.

• Except 5 & 6 it's about me. :) Super post! :)

• So many ways.
    Personnally I learndd to manage my time and actions better.
    Added a daily morning routine.
    I dont wait on people to be nice, i learn to be amazing with myself and cut off everything that is not align with what I feel is ok for me

• Very helpful ❤ thank you

• Thank you so much for the reminder. Somedays i just need to hear this..

• Needed this thanks