How to Naturally Cure Anxiety without Medication

RationalMale

Way too many Americans have bad anxiety--and sadly turn to medications that can wreck havoc on your body, leading to weight gain, episodes, even mass murders.

On the bright side, the majority of people with anxiety are simply suffering from nutritional deficiencies due to the regular American diet, along with a medical industry that trains doctors to not ask about nutrition, but instead prescribe drugs over a $6 bottle of supplements from your local supermarket. Let's take a look at easy ways to quickly lower your feelings of stress and anxiety. Disclosure--I am not a doctor and if you have any special medical conditions you need to verify if the below supplements have any interactions.

Note: no, I haven't linked to studies. You are free to google them and find limitless studies on your own though!

1. Magnesium

My absolute favorite.

Magnesium is essential for over 200 processes in the body, and plays a vital role in calcium absorption (meaning if you get too much calcium and not enough magnesium, you can start suffering from calcium deposits as your body is unable to absorb it.)

Magnesium is readily available at most walmarts, targets, sprouts, trader joes, etc. If you buy the cheapest form, Magnesium Oxide (meaning the magnesium is in an oxide form) it is very inexpensive, and effective IF you take it with a meal. Magnesium Citrate is a slightly more expensive form that your body can easily absorb if you take it with a glass of water.

This supplement, taken daily, will heavily reduce your feelings of stress and anxiety as well as help you sleep at night. Be aware taking it will cause fatigue, and if you are deficient in it, you may briefly experience symptoms such as a runny nose. If you overdose, unless you overdose REALLY high, your resulting symptom should be running to the bathroom and having diarrhea. I have never accidentally had it.

If you are taking magnesium oxide, I suggest 750-1000 mgs a day. If you are taking Magnesium Citrate, I suggest 300-400 mg a day. Magnesium is not a dangerous supplement and overdose will result in diarrhea unless you decide to be crazy and have a massive amount.

2. Calcium

A vital part of your bones and nervous system, we all need Calcium. Calcium helps you sleep at night, and will cause fatigue as well as help in weight loss when combined with getting enough Vitamin D.

Calcium oxide is the cheapest form, and should be taken with food. Calcium citrate is slightly more expensive but can be taken with water. I suggest roughly 1000 mgs a day. Taking 1500 or more a day for extended time can contribute to calcification of arteries.

3. Vitamin D3

The sunshine vitamin that we don't get enough of. Vitamin D3 helps anxiety and depression, as well as boosts your immune system and drastically lowers your odds of dying of COVID 19.

Studies indicate people taking 2000 IUs a day for months on end do not develop blood toxicity. I'm not sure I suggest that much, but the recommended daily needs are not nearly enough. Too much can cause your body to fail to absorb calcium and cause hypocalcification.

4. Zinc

Zinc and copper are two related nutrients that act in tandem. Getting too much copper, such as from tap water or greens? It lowers your zinc. Zinc both boosts your immune system and helps reduce anxiety. It's available in multiple forms at your local store. It also is an anti histamine, which means taking this will reduce your allergies and happens to be AMAZING if you take it as soon as you feel like you are fighting a cold.

Be aware: if you have a ton of copper in your system, and you take a zinc, it will drive copper out of your system. This could result in nausea or a bad stomach ache. I strongly suggest you only take it with food.

3
11

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

311
  • Smoke-n-Growls
    I've got Generalized Anxiety and Vitamin D3 was the gateway that really led to me controlling it better.

I take a magnesium calcium supplement, as I'd done some reading and found magnesium paired with calcium makes the former more bioavailable.

I haven't tried zinc, though.

As a Canadian, Vit D is pretty much necessary in winter for me. That plus mood lamp equals nearly summery feeling throughout the winter.
    • That magnesium calcium supplement is likely to be in the wrong ratio (more calcium than magnesium). Magnesium oil spray, and magnesium chloride liquid is likely to be superior. Vitamin K2 is also needed to make use of the calcium, otherwise it can make things worse.

• Oooh, good to know. I'll do some more research! Thanks for the info. :3

• Zinc is great for a number of things. Just remember to take with food!

• paullingren
    Magnesium is great! Taking it will definitely improve your mood especially if you're deficient.

My #1 for curing anxiety or depression though is through reconciliation of the past and personal growth. It lasts forever and changes nothing chemically in your GI balance.
  • iseekpinetrees
    Its called eating better lol its common many people don't eat right. And feel like shit don't sleep right u feel like shit. Basically is you eat right n sleep right ya know live a healthy life your less likely to have anxiety or depression.
  • korey182
    i have used some like aspirins, melatonin, others, But one thing is sure, the companies are making big money💲💊
    • Careful. Taking melatonin too long can have side affects.

The drug companies definitely cash in, paying doctors to put everyone on medication for life.

• korey182

yes that's true

• Bandit74
    I have been taking Magnesium and D3 but haven't noticed a difference in my anxiety. I am thinking of trying L-theanine at some point as it is also said to reduce anxiety.
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing, very well written and appreciated 👍
  • Zhisad
    I'm gonna trust my doctor.💁🏽👍🏽
    • That's what an ex girlfriend of mine said. Thanks to her doctor she was on anti depressants, her thyroid numbers then crashed, and she gained 80lbs in a year because her thyroid crashing tanked her metabolism.

I'm not here suggesting strange herbs. Merely the nutrients your body requires to function normally.

• msc545
    Taking supplements doesn't do anything except make your wallet lighter, and they don't solve the problem of anxiety.
  • Iron_Man
    I take all of those every day
  • monkeynutts
    Exercise as well
  • _no_one_
    If not medication, then trust meditation.
  • BjornIronPeenus
    Medicine doesn't make you murder people
    • Some meds can make you even mo crazy

• They may make you more angry or emotional but that's not really what makes someone kill, hate does.

• Eye roll...

• themythos
    I use St. John is magn better?
    • St John's is an herb with good benefits. However, Magnesium is a mineral your body absolutely requires to function properly and is very cheap to buy.

• SmokyEnrique
    Lol anxiety is quite different