How to remodel your perception of marriage when your parents marriage has not been a good example of a healthy marriage?

My parents marriage is not a happy one. They don’t show affection, they don’t laugh together a lot and they argue frequently. My mum is sad and I’ve caught my dad out behaving a little bit more friendly toward other women than my mum, although I don’t think he would ever be one to cheat. I’m worried that because it’s the only example of marriage I’ve known and grown up with, that if I ever got married my marriage would be the same - I don’t want that. I can make conscious actions to stop it happening, but psychologically I’m worried I’ll fall into the same pattern that my parents marriage followed unknowingly. How do I remodel my perception of marriage and not follow my parents path?
Post Opinion