My Take on Gender Equality and a Response To Men Who Think It's Okay To Hit a Woman

First of all I'd like to show you the definition of Gender Equality:

Gender equality, also known as sex equality, gender egalitarianism, sexual equality or equality of the genders, is the view that men and women should receive equal treatment, and should not be discriminated against based on gender.

Gender Equality, to anybody who understands it, is the notion that both sexes, both male and female, should be treated with the same respect and courtesy.

For those of you who still don't understand this, this means that despite our sex, we should all get equitable forms of employment, justice, and education.

Now I have always believed that it was common knowledge that a man should never, under any circumstances, hit a female. But recently I have noticed a lot of questions regarding a man hitting a woman on GAG and that almost 80% of men agree that is would be FAIR to hit a woman.

Here are just a few reasons a man should never hit a woman.

"Men are 50 percent stronger than women in brute strength."

But it's fair right?

"Female lung capacity is about 30 percent less than in males."

But we should be able to handle it...right?

The average height of a man is 5'10... The average height of a woman? 5'4

That shouldn't matter. Correct?

The average WEIGHT of a man? 180Lbs. Average weight of a woman? 145Lbs.

But we're physically equal right? By asking for equal pay, we are also asking for equal physical brutality RIGHT?

So now I'm assuming a lot of you pro-woman-abusers are thinking, "well that means she isn't equal!"

Well doesn't that just make you quite the fool?

"Generally, women seem to have higher social and emotional intelligence than men; are less violent and aggressive; are almost never serial killers or sexual sadists; and are far safer drivers (sorry guys, but it's true). In fact, a recent "New York Times" piece noted that men are found to drive faster overall, ignore traffic laws more often, take more (and greater) risks and are involved in the majority of fatal crashes around the globe." - Psychology Today

"Also, having two X chromosomes provides a huge health advantage, which is clearly the case for X-linked diseases, such as color blindness, hemophilia and Duchenne's disease (a severe recessive X-linked form of muscular dystrophy). These diseases, caused by mutations on the X chromosome, nearly always affect only men. Since females have two cell lines (one paternal and the other maternal with different X chromosomes active), if just one of a woman's X chromosomes is "healthy" it can prevent the expression of most X-linked diseases. Males, however, who have a "sick" X chromosome will inevitably be affected, as they have no "back-up" X chromosome from a "healthy"cell line." - Psychology Today

"Women now have higher IQs than men for the first time since records began – and new research has revealed that the two sexes’ brains are wired completely differently.

The blue lines in the brains above show that men have more network connections within hemispheres while the orange inter-hemisphere links are more prevalent in the brains of women.

Some researchers think the demands of juggling family life and building a career may have made women more intelligent.

Others believe that women always had the potential for higher results but are only just realising it now.

James Flynn, a world expert in IQ testing, said: “The complexity of the modern world is making our brains adapt and raising our IQ.

"But women’s have risen faster.”" - Mirror.CO.UK

I love this one ^^. Because it is officially proven that women have always been capable of being the more intelligent sex, but have been restricted due to our physical disadvantages to men.

"A recent article in TheAtlantic.com pointed out that hedge funds run by women make three times as much money as hedge funds run by men, and that companies with female CEOs outperform companies with male CEOs by nearly 50%.

The data is so compelling that, according to The Wall Street Journal, Barclay's Bank has set up a stock fund that invests in companies with a female CEO or a board of directors that is at least 25% female." - Inc.com

So there you have it. BOTH sexes have their own advantages, whether physical or mental. EVERYBODY deserves to be treated right dispite their advantages or disadvantages.

Men should not be allowed or even comfortable hitting a woman, and according to recent studies, women should not be allowed or comfortable arguing with a man,

It just isn't fair. ;)

3193

Most Helpful Guy

• "Generally, women seem to have higher social and emotional intelligence than men; are less violent and aggressive; are almost never serial killers or sexual sadists; and are far safer drivers (sorry guys, but it's true). In fact, a recent "New York Times" piece noted that men are found to drive faster overall, ignore traffic laws more often, take more (and greater) risks and are involved in the majority of fatal crashes around the globe." - Psychology Today
    On what grounds do they have higher social and emotional intelligence? Technicly speaking men have a higher overall intelligence compared to women. Males have 10% larger brains, greater quantity of grey matter and routinley score higher on IQ tests. Men are not more violent then women and infact according to the CDC 70% of all non reciprocal violence between intimate partners is perpetrated by women, 50% of reciprocal violence between intimate partners is perpetrated by women but while violence in a relationship for women is and indicator of violence in both past and future relationships, it isn't for men. 66% of deaths by child neglegence is perpetrated by the mother, about 50% of violence and abuse towards children is perpetrated by the mother while only about 40% of the time is the father involved. Your sexism is so incredibly blatant its disgusting. As for the size diffrence, the fact that violence is initated by the women does in fact determine whether or not the man was justified in hitting back, just because as a society we tell men it is not alright to hit a woman and that we don't tell women its not allright to hit a man does not mean that a man defending himself is wrong. The only reason why most women hit men is because there confident that they won't hit back. The greater frequency of accidents is because there are significantly more male drivers then females, males tend to travel farther for work then women and it is very frequently the case that when a man is with his girlfriend/wife he is the one to drive not her. Make believe statistics don't mean a thing. Stop acting like an entitled sexist bitch and start acting like a descent human being. Your dispicable and you honestly should feel embaressed by what your saying. Just because your a woman doesn't make your statments any less sexist.
    https://www.sciencevsfeminism.com/

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's also worth mentioning that most female-on-male domestic violence is massively underreported due to the culture of toxic masculinity where males are expected to repress their emotions and not speak about their problems. women shouldn't hit men either, unless they have a very good reason to and vice versa. that's equality.

• "toxic masculinity" is probably the most offensive term you can use, its sexist. Its got nothing to do with masculinity if a women beats on a man. It has to do with a legal system and a society that believes only men can do wrong and women are always the victim. I would appreciate it if you didn't refer to my gender or its traits as "toxic", you would not tolerate that if it was used for you so please be respectful. Your use of the term in fact just perpetuates this stereotype of men being inferior to women.

• I do understand what your saying. What I am saying is you are wrong and obviousley not thinking your argument through. All I asked was that you not make sexist remarks thats it.

• It's a different perspective. It's not "wrong" - we can agree to disagree. I don't think what I said was sexist and I have thought my argument through thoroughly so I'm sorry if I haven't articulated it as well as I could have. I still stand by everything I said @hellionthesage

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 92

• You start by explaining the definition of gender equality and then say a man should never, hnder any circumstances, hit a woman, which means not even if she hits him first.
    Wow, you're pathetic. Typical 16 year old conceited girl that bitches about how she's treated unfairly by society but then demands certain benefits just because she's a woman.
    Why don't you shut up and educate yourself? If you plan on hitting someone, get ready to get smacked back, it's what's fair. If you don't wanna get smacked, don't hit anyone.
    I'm fucking tired of the amount of women today screaming for gender equality but still wanna be entitled to stuff because of their gender. If you want gender equality, apply it to every situation.

This Take was pure garbage and nonesense.

• Well, if she hits me, then there is no guarantee that I won't hit back.

If you think you are so much weaker, then WHY THE HELL DO GIRLS THINK THEY CAN BE HITTING GUYS IN THE FIRST PLACE?

rlv.zcache.com/...c9daec864c37aa50f_f0yqz_1024.jpg

Honestly, I think those who physically harass guys because they think women have "immunity" because they're "weak" deserve the punch in the face that they get once guys have enough of their sexist bullshit agenda.

• I'm so tired of women who gets so stuck up on men's "unfair" physicality that they have to try to claim mentality and intelligence as their own genders victory. Physicality has nothing to do with mentality, so stop trying to balance out your equation by mixing them together to make you seem unbiased. if you try to google intellect in favor of men as hard as you did for women, then you will find a ton of articles where they "prove" that men are more intelligent in some and more areas. You said "So there you have it. BOTH sexes have their own advantages, whether physical or mental. EVERYBODY deserves to be treated right dispite their advantages or disadvantages." which I agree with and which is the only thing this text really needed. Everything else just seems like a bitter rant from a woman desperate to win one for the team.

Furthermore it seems like your issue with men hitting women isn't as much about men hitting women as it is "big" hitting "small". A big strong man hitting a small skinny man would feel the same blow. But all in all, any adult that hits another person should be prepared to get hit right the f*ck back.

• You're speaking with a guy who was hit by a woman. Her punch came out of nowhere and crushed my eye. I needed an operation and it took two years to fully heal. I could have easily hit her back but luckily for her I was able to control myself.

I don't think it's fair to hit a woman. But I also think it's not fair to hit anyone (unless in self defense).

That 30% rule doesn't hold up. Let me give you two examples.

1st Example: If Ronda Rousey would hit you the chances would be big you would not write this. She is 30% stronger than you. And since she is a professional fighter she knows how to pick apart in 5 seconds. Would you still say she's a woman and i will not hit back?

2nd example. If I walked up to a guy 30% stronger than me and started hitting him I would definitely lose. But nobody would tell that guy "Hey, you should no have hit him back. You are 30% stronger than him". What people would say to me is "Are f**king insane!!! That guy was much stronger than you".

Saying one group can hit but another can't hit is not equality at all. It should be the same for everybody. And we all need to own up to your own actions. A man should not hit a woman and woman should not hit a man. But if you do... be prepared to face the consequences

• 1. Most importantly, you never addressed the question of whether it is "fair" or acceptable for a woman to hit a man. Are you interested in having people treat each other with dignity and respect or is this more about demonizing men (which seems to be the favorite pastime of some women.) Why aren't you fussing at women who hit men? If women stop hitting men, it eliminates the "justification" that some of the Neanderthals use when hitting women.

2. You should never quote Psychology Today or the Mirror as an authoritative source for any statement of fact. They each have their biases and neither has any pretense of representing all of the facts in a comprehensive, fair, and impartial fashion.

• How are they bias?

• My friend that is was not paraphrasing, that was twist of my words for your pathetic argument. Paraphrasing? Ha! It means something completely different when you say most mature men vs most mature women... do not think it's acceptable to hit a woman vs do not think it is acceptable to hit a man. Two different things, two different meanings. Please learn how to read and accept your mistakes rather than trying to cover over them with bogus statements that have no bearing on what the actual conversation is about. Also, that starment in itself addressed your question. And if you knew how to read without thinking of your next reply you would see where I said it is not acceptable for women or men to put their hands on anyone. And that most women do NOT think it is ok. I can't speak for those who do because I'm not one of them. Hopefully you read this and understand it because don't have patience for people who can't keep up. Goodbye.

• One definition of paraphrasing is "a rewording of something written or spoken by someone else."

Most women do not think it is okay to hit a man. Okay. Most men don't think it is okay to hit a woman. So what?

"I can't speak for those who do because I'm not one of them." You're not one of the guys who hit women but you managed to address that topic.

"Hopefully you read this and understand it because don't have patience for people who can't keep up." If you can't win an argument on the merits, just say ugly things about your opponent. I guess that proves that you're just a sweet, demure woman. How wonderful! Goodbye!

• I'm not "pro-woman-abuser" but I'm certainly not going to let a woman attack me, I'll defend myself however I can. However, I wouldn't give her a hay maker because she slapped me or something like that.
    If a woman is big enough to give a hit, she's big enough to take one.

• If you dont want to get hit by a man then dont be a bitch and dont start fights. Its really that easy. The majority of men do not just go around hitting women.

You don't see little 5'6 160lb Johnny starting fights with 6'2 210lb George. There's a reason for that, maybe you should put some thought into why.

• I agree with you to a point.

Women are becoming more brazen, more violent, and more evil today. This is due to the gender equality lie you are purporting.

Why is it a lie? Because as women, you cannot do the work we do. Why would we consider you equal? You cannot perform the labor intensive tasks as long as a man can... why would we consider you equal? That's just the obvious, external differences, but there are mental ones, too.

I am NOT saying men are superior to women mentally, but there ARE differences there are strengths and weaknesses, and we were designed to COMPLIMENT each other not COMPETE with one another.

If a woman does not want to get hit, do not attack a man, do not kick his balls, do not punch his face, do not scratch, bite, punch or kick us. I personally have stood by a door while a drunk woman thrashed at me and punched me because she wanted to drive, with her son, somewhere.

I did not hit her back. She thanked me the next day. However, not all men are like me. Some men would kick her down the stairs.

In short, women, if you do not want to face a man who could potentially kill you just by punching you hard enough, do NOT engage a man violently or hit, kick, etc him. Not all men are honorable. But if you attack us men, it might not end well for you.

Any man who hits, strikes, grabs, or makes a woman feel helpless when she has done nothing physical to him is not a man at all, but an intimidator, a coward, one who must injure someone weaker to make himself feel stronger.

• This is a very reasonable and modest way of looking at some of these issues, thanks for posting!

• Thank you. As I said I have been struck by a woman and thrashed at, it is not easy to just stand there and take it. But I know what it feels like to be helpless, too. I was abused physically when I was very young, I understand how it feels to be a victim. Men are supposed to protect women. That is why our gut instincts are always to shelter a woman and protect her. Any man who violates a woman's trust in him is flawed at his core, in my opinion. Again, thank you for your kind words.

• No one should hit anyone! How about that?

If you hit me, expect to get hit back. Just because you have a vagina doesn't mean you can't be hit. Girls who hit guys with the expectation that they shouldn't hit back deserve to get knocked the f**k out.

Honestly, this is the most BLATANTLY SEXIST take I've seen here yet.

• Lol -shakes head- words could not even describe what I am thinking after reading this.

And FYI true equality will never exist also women are at the point were you will be as equal as you can be, the feminist movement in the United States is over, anything that remains is about superiority.

Also if a women just simply tries to hit me she will be retrained ( no punching ) and if I have to defend myself agaisnt a women then there will be no restraint and she will be hit back. Simple as that as soon as the first punch is thrown gender goes out the window.

It may not be fair it may be wrong but suck it up that's how life works, life isn't fair never has been never will be.

Also men randomly hitting women is no wear near as common as you might think in fact it rarely ever happens to the point were it is not even worth mentioning.

• No one should hit anyone but if man is attacked by a woman he should use a reasonable amount of force in response.

• Im not going to lie it gives me a strange satisfaction in hitting a woman back who EXPECTS me not to hit her because she has an extra pair of lip between her legs. If a woman hits me and is a true feminist id maybe allow her but those girls that EXPECT this advantage will be shocked.
    In my opinion if someone hits you your allowed to hit back using the same force. Its a primary school argument to suggest that because your feeling emotional it somehow gives you the right to strike someone. What I find amusing is how when a Girl is feeling 'emotional' and angry with her female freind 100% of the time she knows she can't strike her because girls are allowed to hit girls. So to demonstrate self control when you prefer is immature. I remember this year a freind of mine called a girl in our class a prostitute (it was justified) and I said something similar she smacked my freind but did nothing to me because she knew my views on hitting girls. What I find ridiculous is when girls say he isn't a real man for hitting a girl... But ignore the fact she isn't acting like a LADY.
    Equal rights means equality in every wayyy. Some girls want the perks of tradition (Chivalry) and the perks of equality. GUESS WHAT WITH EQUALITY COMES RESPONSIBILITY...
    I've noticed that if you mention that you wouldn't take a woman hitting you they never hit you whereas the guys who get slapped regularly never assert themselves.

• "Equal rights means equality in every wayyy. Some girls want the perks of tradition (Chivalry) and the perks of equality. GUESS WHAT WITH EQUALITY COMES RESPONSIBILITY... "

What a psycho lol

• You've never seen two girls fighting? They go for hair, punching the others head, slapping, kicking etc..
      If a girl slaps a guy they probably know each other and are fighting kver their relationship or something. Usually the guy will say something hurtful and since the girl knows she can't say anything back that will "hurt his feelings" the way he hurt hers she slaps him. If a guy lightly slaps back then fine. But in a situation like that a punch from a man is completely uncalled for.

And it's hard to say "how dare she hit him" when he goes and punches her right after. Then the only thing people are thinking is "how dare he hit her" since he hit harder

• It's not ok for men or women to hit each other period. No one has a right to put their hands on anyone unless it's in self defense. If a woman wants to hit a man without any force being used back then I'm sorry but she is the one with a problem...

• Lol... Fucking Feminazi, Go back to tumblr.

Seriously though, If she wants to hit me, and act like a man, I'm going to round house kick her like a man...

• Well gender equality* would say that both genders can hit eachother.. neither gender should get special treatment

• Oh boy, "pro woman abusers". You're just another sorry, sexist woman who wants women to have equal rights without the corresponding responsibilities. Men who think it's "OK" to hit women have little to no interest in going around abusing women. They just don't think they should have to allow women to abuse them or hit them because women are "weaker". Well, if you're weaker and you attack someone stronger, that makes you an idiot. And if you get your face introduced to pavement, that makes you an unconscious idiot, and my sympathy for you will read zero.

You want equal rights. TEACH WOMEN not to hit anybody. TEACH WOMEN not to lay their hands on anybody. TEACH WOMEN to restrain their tempers and not resort to physical violence. TEACH WOMEN to be respectful to everybody, even people they disagree with. Avoiding physical altercation is EVERYONE'S job, not just men's. Learn that before you talk about equal rights.

• No one should hit anyone.
    I've seen more women going around slapping men for no reason than men hitting women.

• Men aren't idiots. You can't keep calling something "gender equality" and follow it up with "oh, but we can hit you but you can't hit us". Dress it up however you want, we see through your bullshit.

The first major problem is that there are many women out there who exploit these "men shouldn't hit women" to aid their manipulation of men.

The second problem is that height and weight mean nothing. I am taller and heavier than Rhonda Rousey, and I can guarantee you now that she can let me have 3 free punches, and one arm tied behind her back, and she'd still kick my ass.

Gender equality is important. Women should stop spinning bullshit like this to exploit men, and NEITHER men nor women should be hitting each other.

• Any person who exhibits any amount of violence is a detriment on society.

• Wow. I wasn't sure I'd ever see a full blown stereotypical feminist on here but there you are. You made no claims to being a feminist but I'm going to bet that you consider yourself one.

1. Nobody here thinks it's ok to just hit a woman (or anyone for that matter), you're the only one saying people think it's ok by not mentioning that the GaG questions include "in self-defense," and your comment about "equal physical brutality" implies that it's ok for men to hit men... No, just no. You're the sexist here.

2. There's more than one kind of 'equality.' To put it bluntly, I think yours is the shit kind.

3. You've already implied that it's ok for a man to be hit by anyone, not cool. But you think that +50% strength is significant to your argument? If a woman is allowed to hit me at say half strength, then an equal amount of force from me is one third strength. If you're going to use strength as a reason then you're permitting men to use a proportional amount of strength, not stopping the hitting of anyone.

4. Most of this is essentially amounts to female supremacist propaganda. What do the points in the second half of the Take share and how do they all relate back to why it's not ok to hit - as opposed to anyone - a woman? "Woman greater than man," which is not acceptable.

Just look at the James Flynn thing. The reason he offers for why humans in general tend to be doing better on IQ tests is that we're now exposed to more hypothetical thinking, we're taught differently in schools so we approach the world differently and can solve more abstract problems. Flynn himself reigned in the media's interpretation of what he said. Women were doing much worse until now and they are only slightly ahead in one test (Raven's Progressive Matrices) and he attributed this to women being more included in society and being modernized, trying to diminish the small distinctions found between men and women that the media ran away with. I can just as easily look at this and claim that men are naturally smarter without education but men and women are brought up to the same level in modern society. You just picked from anything that sounded favorable to women - and you claim to speak for gender equality? I think I speak for most people when I say pfft.

img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Dwight_pfft.jpg

• Equality means hittin' her back and now were "Equal" right? Sounds fair. 😉

• More from Guys
    72

What Girls Said 30

• So stronger men are not allowed to hit back weaker men too? Or is that different because the weaker person has a penis?

Grow up already. You are the reason why gender equality is still not a thing. You should be proud of yourself (not).

Let's face it, you just want women to be able to hit men, without getting hit back.

• @MissMc3 not all men are stronger than all women. This fact alone already defeats your entire argument. If this was really about strength, why aren't you advocating "strong people should not hit weak people"? Why specifically "men should not hit women"? Because you're sexist. You just don't want to admit it. Go back to the 1950's.

• But it's okay for women to slap/punch the shit out of a guy? Even for no reason? No.
    When people see a man slap a woman, he'd get years in jail.
    When a woman does it twice as hard, she gets support. Like people think he deserves it.. Honestly it's horrible EITHER WAY.
    Women shouldn't assault men. Men shouldn't assault women.
    Easy as that.
    If I seen a woman punching/slapping/kicking a guy and he slapped her in the face, I wouldn't do anything, cause she deserved it.

• If a man seriously feels threatened by a woman, he has every right to defend himself. Yes, men on average have the upper hand in terms of physical strength. But remember that women can turn it around with a weapon, such as a knife or gun. He has the right to knock her out if that means saving his own life.

If his life isn't in danger, he should simply try to remove himself from the situation safely. This is something women should also try to do if they feel threatened by a man. Attacking is not the solution if it's unnecessary.

Equality doesn't mean that everyone has the right to assault whoever they want whenever they want, everyone should still try to refrain from being violent if it's not necessary. Slapping someone back because they slapped you is childish.

• You just said what I was going to say so I won't repeat it. I agree. However, every time I point out the difference between self-defense and retaliation for the sake of equality, I get downvoted.

• @Derpyy of course it's not fair, that's why it should be reported more often so that the stigma could be lifted. People would realize that it's a real issue. Hitting her back can only give her a reason to sue/report him. Due to the heavy double standard she would most likely win the case, even though she hit him first. And that's bullshit. Which is why reporting is a better idea than hitting back.

• Hmm. I said, I agree and disagree and I think I am okay with that. I would just personally rather get it out of the way rather than waste time and money on the off chance that my case will win, based off of what someone who wasn't even involved with thinks (judge, jury, case worker). But to each their own. I sincerely respect your view on this, it just isn't for me and vice verse (or is it versa?).

• This wasn't enlightening at all.

Just seems like you tried to put men down while explaining why women should get equal opportunities.

This whole post blows.

• I agree with the idea, but also, you've got to remember 40% of domestic abuse is suffered by men (and that's just when it's reported). So whilst I agree totally with what you're saying surely the right thing to say is that nobody is right to hit anybody? Gender is kind of regardless. But good myTake anyway!

• It is actually worse than that. It found that 40% of the victims of severe, physical domestic violence are men. Meaning that number is just when things got serious. The number of men being the victims of domestic violence where it doesn't get that severe are much much higher.

• If that's only the reported amount imagine the unreported amount. ..
      Now that's depressing. ...

• This is absolute crass. If women are so "intelligent" why would they start afight with someone so much stronger than them?

You can't have all the pros of being equal without the cons.

• Yeeeeeeeeeees! Thank you so fucking much! There is such illogical bs spewing from this woman, even most of the females here don't agree with her. Pathetic.

• Thank you! At least for the part about a man hitting a woman. I am strongly against that and am disappointed in the way SOME men/boys think these days - especially regarding physically harming a woman. I agree that it is wrong for a woman to hit a man too. Violence is never the answer and even if someone throws the first punch, then you need to get the hell out of there and walk away from a potential fight. It's not worth it.

If it's for self-defense then I do understand, but most men would likely be able to overpower a woman and if they do then they should find a way to restrain her and get help. I understand that it's not always easy to get out of a situation, but don't be so uptight and making up all these excuses about when it's okay. Yes, self defense I will say is a viable reason, but get over that part and think about all the other times when it would not be acceptable.

I'm getting really sick of this whole "gender equality" shit. Yes, I do believe that things should be equal among both genders, but making everything equal isn't right in my opinion. Some things should stay the same. Like I said, neither gender should hit the other. That is not acceptable in my book, but I'm getting sick of people saying that 'Oh, it's okay for a guy to hit a girl.' How about instead of saying that, you say that 'It's not okay for a girl to hit a guy.' This way we can solve the problem by making people aware of the abuse that some women put men through and how it's not okay for girks's to be able to hit boy's while the boy's gets punished for hitting girl's, BUT we aren't allowing for it to be okay for the boy's to start hitting girl's. All this is doing is making the problem worse.

• But she said that a man doesn't have a right to hti a woman back if she hits him that's what the my taker writer said.

• Well than that's not equal rights its a selective choice of what you want equal means the same evenly just cause a woman is emotionally hurt doesn't mean she has the right to hit a man @vesuvius87 us men are emotional too its just that society tells us to hide it.

• equal rights doesn't mean using it as an excuse to hit someone whenever you want to or playing the childish ''but you started first'' world. Self-defense means you do what you have to do if your life or that of someone else is threatened. For instance if a woman or man is coming towards you with a knife and you lay them out by punching them once, then that's self-defense.

• I'm sorry but if a girl hits a man she deserves to be smacked
    Just like if anyone hits anyone
    Don't hit people if you can't handle it

• And by yo saying men can't hit girls you're stating that they're stronger
      That's your excuse
      So how does that make women equal?

• If she hits him she better be ready for the beat down if he snaps. Every one keep your dang hands to your self

• No one should have the right to hit anyone. I have never understood why other girls think it's okay to hit a guy just because she's female. I don't think men should hit women, and women shouldn't hit men. I don't think anyone should be hitting anyone.

• Da fuq dud I just read? Men can't hit women, not even in self defense? That's screwed up man.

• It is screwed up, but it is very common. The belief that men aren't suppose to be able to hit a woman back even in self defense is a common belief held by an older generation. When you hear a guy talking about double standards in feminism, this is actually one of the most common issues that guy has. He has most likely been the victim of violence caused by a woman at some point, were had he defended himself, he would have been treated like a monster, and possibly attacked by a mob of angry people for hitting a girl in self defense.

Luckily most people in the younger generations like yourself seem to have far less sexist ideals about what equality is suppose to mean, as oppose to picking and choosing when women wants to be equal, and when she wants special treatment.

• It might not be fair for a man to beat a woman, however, I do believe in the right to self defense. If a woman is hitting or beating a man, by law, he has a right to do what he has to defend himself, which is a moment where I feel it is alright assuming he doesn't use excessive force. The amount of force applied should match the amount of force given and the goal should be to escape the situation. If a woman is hitting you, you have the right to push her away and flee. If she is literally beating you, you have a right to hit her back. That's just me, I don't think men should hit women unnecessarily due to the physical difference, but I don't think we should remove their right to defend themselves: women have to be held responsible for choosing to assault a man who has the ability to hurt her in return in self defense.

• Also, I should say that this seems more like a man-bashing take and like you're trying to put them down. I wouldn't consider you gender equal at all.

• My feeling on this is that hitting women falls under the same regulations as hitting another man. It's only okay to hit a woman (or another man) if that person hit him first. If a woman decides to attack a man then there is nothing at all wrong with his defending himself. If she's concerned about her lesser strength or lung capacity then she shouldn't go around hitting men.

• Wow heavensgift2girls!!! You blocked me so I couldn't respond to you're illogical and incorrect statement? How pathetic!

• @BroBroncoski

You too blocked me from posting. What a coward!! Here was my reply to you hun...

And you just proved my point... go back to momma's basement where you belong... :-)
      By the way, my mind blowing orgasm I had this morning (or was it last night?) begs to differ... not that you would understand how to give a woman that kind of pleasure...

• Don't worry about it :-) Some things just aren't even worth it and he is one of them. But I do hope he finds himself some help. Makes me want to switch my major to psychology though :-/

• @BroBroncoski
      You coward you blocked me... Probably you didn't even have a strong argument. ..

• I kinda agree since I dont like violence in general. That's why I try to avoid conflict in general but especially guys, I'm 5'2, skinny and small framed, most guys a my school are either tall or huge and a lot of them do weights, there are females who are taller than me but I rarely see any as buff. People shouldn't hit each other regardless of geneder its immature

• if women can't handle it then they shouldn't hit me. like you said "equality". what gives a woman the right to hit a man? yes she weaker than a man but so what? house pets are weaker than me but that gives me no right to hit them. people should just keep their hands to themselves. if a woman hits a man then he has every right to hit her back.

• I disagree. If someone attacks you then it's perfectly reasonable to use force in self defence, but not just in retribution. If a woman just hits a man once and she poses no further danger he should just report the assault to the police, rather than hitting back.

• @bysshe to me its not about gender at all. if someone hits you then smack em right back.

• I don't think gender's relevant to this either, I guess we just disagree on hitting back.

• It's not right to hit a man or woman but if either sex hits the other go for it. That's my opinion.

So is it not okay for a guy to defend himself if a short much weaker man attacks him? He should just try to hold him back? Based on what you've said you'd have to think so or are you really just sexist and trying to justify it?

Really that's just the average, some women are stronger and taller so is it not okay for that girl to defend herself? And just because a woman is weaker does NOT mean she's easy to control or that she can't hurt you.

You haven't changed my mind at all, couldn't disagree more.

• If it's in self defence, then a guy can reasonably smack a bitch in my opinion.

But in all other scenarios, hitting a woman (or anyone for that matter) is unnecessary.

• I agree both sexes differ and what one lacks the other complements after all we where made for eachother, at least the heterosexual ones. Men shouldn't hit women but women shouldn't hit men and expect to not get hit back. Its basic human reaction to protect yourself. Plus, i know no women who will hit a man and think he won't hit her back only a dumb chick would think that. And women shouldn't argue with men non stop, but men should also realize when they want us to express ourselves and we are and your not listening it frustrates us, try not playing video games be and adult and pay attention.

• I think both men and women should have equal rights to whatever thery want. Men and Women both are humans and both should be treated equally. Nobody is more or less than the other gender!

• More from Girls
    10