Why No One Cares When You Brag

G@Gers! Lately, I have experienced a myriad bragging both in the digital and real world. I wanted to share my input on the topic of bragging! Hope you enjoy.

WHY DON` T PEOPLE CARE WHEN YOU BRAG?

1. People will notice eventually.

Your accomplishments, purchases, and changes will all be noticed eventually. Therefore, there is no point to brag about your stuff. Let people compliment you, and you will be respected more.

Hey! Congratulations on your promotion!
Hey! Congratulations on your promotion!

2. It just looks like you are screaming insecurity.

You might think that you look super cool, driving up to your friend`s house with your brand new car, telling all about how expensive it was and how proud you are of your new baby. Please, save it. You will just make a fool of yourself. Your friend will pretend to be impressed, or they will think you just have a lot of shit to hide.

Why No One Cares When You Brag

3. The more perfect you make it seem, the more imperfect it becomes.

EVERYBODY knows this. We all know none of us are perfect, so why the hell even try to disprove it? YOU CAN`T. If your life really is as perfect as you make it seem, you wouldn`t have to try so hard.

Why No One Cares When You Brag

3. People think you have no respect for less fortunate people.

When you brag, you are basically telling the rest of the world that your life is the ideal life, and no one can have it better than you. This is really low, and nobody wants to give respect to people who have no respect to give back.

Why No One Cares When You Brag

4. Some assume that your life is perfect. In this way, you have to keep pretending that it is.

This puts a lot of pressure on people, and it`s a huge problem in Hollywood. Movie stars and models look so perfect on screen and on Instagram, but do you have any idea how hard they actually have to try to make it look this way? If their lives seemed imperfect, they wouldn`t have such success with followers etc. The more you brag about your life, the more people will start to think that you have no issues, and you will be living a lie.

That was my little, yet I hope insightful MyTake of the day. Let it be a daily reminder not to fall into the bragging trap!

814
ragequeen is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Scrolled past your take without reading it. No one brags for other people. They brag for themselves, so the fact that "no one cares" is irrelevant. I brag for myself. Whether or not you care makes no difference to me. It's not for you.

• Lol.

The reason is because it doesn't have anything to do with them. And if you talk it up, its seen as trying to make yourself out to be better than them, which they must immediately combat by finding something wrong with it.

Almost every single bit of human behavior is driven by self-interest. That's a very important fact to keep in mind throughout your entire life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I dont like leos, aries and saggs who brags about themselves all the time... like just shut the fuck up. I don't want to know how they think they are so attractive and how they did this or did that shit to be high ranking...

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 12

What Girls Said 7

• Nice take, I fine it so annoying when people brag, especially when they then continue on and pretend like they don't know how "perfect" they are

• Jesus I'm about to meet someone who's only business is to brag about themselves. Someho, people fall for it and get impressed by them. But it's fuckin annoying for me.

• This is a great take!

• True. Nice mytake

• Good take

• Interesting

• This makes me think of youtubers