What I Find Attractive In A Woman!

I was nominated to write a #WhatIFindAttractiveChallenge by a young friend and G@G user, @Travis_Skyles. I rarely respond to challenges but I like this guy and don’t want to disappoint him, so here is myTake on five things that I find attractive in a woman.

1. INTELLIGENCE WITHOUT OVERBEARING EGO

A woman does not need to be a STEM blackboard equation model to be intelligent!

If I pretended that I am not an intelligent person, that would be false modesty . . . and false modesty is not modesty at all. I know that I am intelligent because I know the results of my IQ assessment and I know how I performed as an undergraduate and as a law student. To be happy in a relationship, I know that I need a woman who is intelligent.

I want a woman who remains aware of national and international events, who has an appreciation for culture, who can discuss current news stories without sounding like she is simply repeating what she heard on talk radio.

BUT . . . intelligent people sometimes act as if they are the most intelligent person in the house. They want to be bossy because they know more than everyone else. You’ve dated someone like that, right?

On several occasions, I have found a woman who is intelligent but who listens to others, who is not dictatorial, who is willing to be an equal partner instead of wanting to be the HMFIC. Yes, those are nice women!

2. ENOUGH SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS TO OCCASIONALLY BE EMBARRASSED

How cute!?!?!
How cute!?!?!

I don’t know why but I have always been attracted to a woman who is capable of feeling embarrassed. Maybe I am attracted because a woman who reveals her embarrassment is revealing a vulnerability, and a woman who will reveal her vulnerability to me trusts me.

I WANT to be trusted by my partner.

3. SLIGHTLY SHY, SLIGHTLY INTROVERTED, SLIGHTLY NERDY

Marian The Librarian!
Marian The Librarian!

I don’t really like women who are impressed with themselves. I don’t do well with women who are tragically hip! I like women who at least know what’s trendy but they don’t care if they wear the current “latest and greatest” label of jeans. I like girls who won’t hold themselves back from pursuing an interest because it “isn’t cool.”

4. DEDICATION TO THE CONCEPT OF PARTNERSHIP

Partners . . . I promise!
Partners . . . I promise!

Relationships aren’t always 50/50 and that’s okay, but I certainly want a partner who is willing to give and not just take. It is EXTREMELY endearing to know that my partner wants to be as fair to me as she is to herself!

5. ENOUGH CONFIDENCE TO BE OVERTLY SEDUCTIVE

Seductiveness . . . bring it on!
Seductiveness . . . bring it on!

Obviously, a romantic relationship includes a physical relationship and I want a woman who is not afraid to express her needs. If I walk in the house after a day at the office, she grabs my hand, drags me into the bedroom, and starts telling me how much she needs me . . . I am her devoted partner for life!

I want to know that I am wanted and she showed me his much she wants me. I want to feel trusted and I know that she felt confident enough to express herself even though she is the self-consciousness, slightly shy, slightly introverted, and slightly nerdy girl who I described above.

* * *

That is what I find attractive in a woman. Is there any woman who meets all of these criteria? Yes, she and I started living together last weekend.

911
OlderAndWiser is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• you gave me hope man, I thought girls like that dont have much chances, I like intelligent men too and I hope all intelligent men like girls with those traits *.* specially the vulnerability part I just can't hide it, even thought I seem confident, but I am so damn sensitive if I see a homeless kitty that would bring me to tears

• Great mytake. I agree intelligence is sexy but ego is not. Especially when someone talks about knowing some really weird trivia that they will never need to know or use in their life. They say something like this to you, "Do you know what that is? You don't know do you?" In a way of putting you down like they are smarter than you. Then they give you a teaching lesson of the weird trivia you'll never remember because it's irrelevant. While this person is talking to you about this trivia, they are the only one talking the entire time. They talk so much that it's putting you to sleep and you can't get a word in or show that you are interested. That... happened to me once when I was too nice to speak up... When I was in college. The guy couldn't understand why I didn't like him and why I turned him down.

• Such people have absolutely no ability to take two steps backwards and then take a good look at themselves! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. :)

Most Helpful Guys

• So as long as she meets the traits, physically you will be attracted to her no matter what?

• No, not necessarily. Do I need to explicitly state that I must also be physically attracted? The list is five things that I find attractive in women, not "this is all it takes to get my attention."

• Fair point, just wondering because a lot of the posts by women will have these laundry lists of qualities

• Yes! Thank you! I've been looking forward to this!
    I expected most of these, but the overtly seductive bit caught me off guard. Great take!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• That is awesome. I am so glad to hear that you are in a relationship. The world does not seem right if a good woman is not aware of what a catch you are. You are awesome. I am glad someone is appreciating that awesomeness. :)

• There is absolutely nothing that compares with going to sleep with my arms around the woman I love, whispering "I love you," in her ear, and hearing her quietly say the same thing to me before we go to sleep every night!

• I love it. :) And I wish you many more nights just like that. :)

• I'm happy to learn that you've found such a woman :)

• Guess I don't have much of a chance

• Really nice take. Loved it.

• I love it! Got it hun... lol!

• My challenge goes well nice

• Congratulations you found your woman

What Guys Said 9

• Awesome, and very close to my list! I would add playfulness as well. She has some serendipity to try new things and experience them and appreciate that.

• Great take and pretty close to what I find attractive too.

• Cool, that was interesting.

• If a girl is shy thats everything for me 😂😂

• That's awesome.

• nice take man.

• Nice one

• ASS... AND TITTIES ASS... AND TITTIES

• ok remove your resources
      let me know if she still loves you

• You must be right!

ATTENTION, OTHER MEN: Hooray! One more guy dropping out, one less guy in the competition!

• You mean you like only imaginary women? Cause shy and nerdy girls aren't confident, nor overly seductive.

• With experience and support from their partner, shy and nerdy girls can develop some confidence when they are in private with their partner.

• Well, maybe they can role play or something.