Because You Had A Bad Experience With Dating Doesn't Mean The Whole Gender Is Bad

Well,hello everyone.

It's me again.

I hope you missed me cause I'm back in the mission of STATING THE OBVIOUS.

So lately on G@G there are many many questions and comments by anons mostly, both blue and pink that ask if everyone that belongs to either female or male gender share a specific (and most of the times negative) characteristic.

Now, these questions could be out of pure query and I would eb completely okay if they were indeed... However this is not the case.

*These are blue and pink anons when I'm trying to be kind and positive.*

The questions aren't like :

"Do all boys like color blue?"

or

"Do all girls like make-up?"

They are like that :

"Are all women evil and want to dominate the world and kill all men?" and when you say no...the answer is :

"You r lying."

"Are all women prositutes and want to steal your money?" and when you say no... the answer is :

"You are a female,you are one of them too."

and

"Are all men players that want to rape you and then stalk you till you die?" and when you say no... the answer is :

"You don't know men yet little one, they all want the same thing."

Same goes with some users that openly (openly I mean with their username) here tend to comment things similar to :

"Yeah ok but all women are hoes and they want to stab you."

and

"Yeah okay but all guys want to sleep with your best friend then steal your money and move to Mexico."

Not judging you or something but.... HM.

Obviously these questions and comments come from people that had a very bad,most of the times, dating expirience.

*Or just people with deep problems and issues...I don't know it's possible.*

Well to be honest, it's a very often phenomenon that at some point of our lives most of us will do...We consider things as the truth based on our expiriences and not the general belief... BUT BOI....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Like, can't you guys/girls that believe that every male in the world wants to harm you and that every female is evil understand how ridiculous you sound?

Can't you understand that even if you met and dated more than 10.000 females/males, you know only a very tiny percentage of the world population?

WE ARE 7 BILLIONS HUMANS ON THIS FREAKING PLANET. DO YOU KNOW EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US AND DECIDED THAT YOUR TRUTH IS THE GENERAL TRUTH?

HUH?

HUH?

Listen people, I respect you and all I really do, cause most of you are older than me and I've learnt to repsect my elders but also because you are humans and I've learnt to repsect others.

But I'm tired of these kind of sick behaviors.

If you really believe things like that, you should really talk to a specialist about it. And I'm not saying that to offend someone or as a joke or as sassiness or whatever. I really believe that these kind of beliefs prevent you from leaving life to the fullest, therefore I think you need help.

A girl or a guy cheated you or treated you badly or whatever, it hurts a lot, but now it's finished.

IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT ALL FEMALES BURN BABIES AND ALL GUYS RAPE.

The only common characteristic that people of same gender have is the private parts.

Now calm down witht he generalizing.

And this isn't only about relationships, it's about everything.

That's it for today babydolls.

Till next time, stay sane.

- AngelicEmpress

2757
AngelicEmpress is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• *shrugs* blame it on human decision making. We're inductive creatures so we base our opinions on personal observations and experiences. If someone has positive experiences, they'll view things positively. If someone has negative experiences, then they'll create negative opinions about something. However, our sample sizes are always statistically too small to have any confidence in our hypotheses about our experiences but that won't stop people from generalizing because it's difficult to separate emotion from logic, particularly when the wounds are still fresh.

Most Helpful Girls

• Thank you! I've been seriously disgusted by all this crap! Wondering if this generation is going to be single and sexless! I mean they hate re opposite sex and hate homosexuality so wtf is their choice? Beastiality?

• Well said. I think this is something that about 80% or more of all GaG users should take this to heart.

And I'd go even further and say even if you had many dating/relationship experiences and every single one of them was bad, it doesn't mean that's how it generally is. Because 1.) the first thing you should do is take a deep look at yourself first, because you are actually the one common thread in all these bad experiences, and 2.) by assuming your bad experiences mean that's how it generally is, you're essentially discrediting all the billions of people who have had and are having good experiences.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 55

• Because You Had A Bad Experience With Dating Doesn't Mean The Whole Gender Is Bad
    Then why do all my girlfriends end up trying to kill me?

All women are the same, they all get upset when they find out you cheated on them.

• I am with @Logorithim on this one. I've never had consistently horrible experiences with women, The bad experiences I had were a combination of their individual flaws and my contributions to the mix; I never had a relationship go bad simply because she was a. . . WOMAN! I LOVE women and I'm glad they are different!

• My last relationship wounded/ scarred me pretty bad. I’m not resentful towards females or nothing just have major trust issues and seriously reconsidering ever getting into a relationship ever again. Girls just don’t seem to want to be friends though, most just seem to think men are only for dating and not friends... I’m not a piece of meat ! 😤

• Well if your mission is stating the obvious mission accomplished
    There is indeed quite a few questions that fall under what you describe though I would say maybe not generally as dramatic as all that
    But often like someone in a relationship got cheated on and they ask silly questions about why all men or all women are such bastards and such
    It is a little tedious
    Would be nice if people could understand that your personal experience doesn't equate to universal truth

• 😤... i still say all women are prostitutes 😒
    I think out of the ton of women I've given bad experiences to... i think I've only had 1? 2? im not sure. I loved it when you snapped though... nice.
    This is a great Take... too bad it won't do shit huh...

• Yup I admit I was one of those guys when I was a teenager, I constantly met terrible women who just wanted to use me, then I realized that I was picking all these women, so I changed the type of women I would go after and started meeting super rad and sweet girls, it’s ridiculous how people can play these mental gymnastics instead of self critiquing and finding the core issue is actually you not the entire gender lol

• Pffft. Tell that to the guys who had multiple bad experiences with every woman they came into contact with.

• I always thought this was stupid as hell. I've been cheated on and literally abused or disrespected by like 90% of my exes. I have never generalized women as bad.

My girlfriend at the moment is a great girl and she got a free slate. A lot of good girls out there and also a Los of bad ones.

• I saw this a bit in high school and college. Mostly with girls. They would get sick of being hurt by men and so would try being lesbian for a while. Most of the time they would return to men after a while.

• I wanted to tag LonelyGuy but I realized he probably has never dated

• I see your point and i agree. After going through some bad relationships, I've had my share of anger and hate against the the fairer sex and i admit with shame that it took me a while to get over it and start seeing "clear" again.
    Growing up, talking with other people and making experiences (good and bad) helps a lot with points of view and mental health. Generalizing is wrong and stupid.

• Its true but its also false. Everyone attracts certain types through their looks or how they act. A very physically attractive man for example will only meet sluts. A girl who is attracted to bad boys will always get cheated on. A guy with low self esteem will always have a naggy girlfriend. Etc.

• I've had one girlfriend, and whilst she dumped me it was the best time in my life. I'd never hate women, maybe specific women who do horrible, deranged things, but not the gender!

• Well, These are certainly good points. I've mostly had good experiences with gfs, so I've never thought like this.

• I don't think anyone who says that really means it. I believe it's them speaking out of emotion because they were recently hurt or hurt many times.

• Isn’t this how typically how a feminest is created? A few bad dates, a women becomes jaded, and all of a sudden it becomes all men are evil.

• Thank you fro this common sense explanation. It's a shame that common sense is so uncommon.

• Well said, and it really needs saying loudly and repeatedly on this site...

• 5d

Some people have nothing but bad experiences with dating so after a while they start thinking everyone is the same. Of course that is not true. It is just really bad luck on their part or they are really bad at the selection process.

• Umm... I'mma go try campaigning for bringing sanity to some heads.

• yeah! i see those questions all the time, i just don't even bother clicking on them anymore. there is around 7.5 billion adults on earth, about 3.5 billion of them are males, and to claim the entire gender is whatever they wish them to be-- it's just silly and ignorant to make such an accusation based off like 0.001% of the entire population. unless they have met, spoke to, dated all of them, and unless you have been cheated on by that many people, people need to STFU. even if the person gay, or lesbian, there is still a possibility their partner will cheat or become cheater, and then what? accuse their own gender to be all cheaters and become straight again? like get the fuck outta here lol

• This is like saying that the earth is flat because it appears to you in that way from your vantage point.

duh~

• Because you've never really landed a real date, doesn't mean the entire gender is bad.

• 95% of people KNOW this; the other 5% post regularly on GAG and other sites.

• Perhaps, but if you had a lot of bad experiences, and every guy you know has had a lot of bad experiences... You may be living under a feminist regime! At some point all men have to ask what they've been doing and stop sticking their wanker into the sausage grinder, because regardless if its you, or it's them, it clearly doesn't work. Look, don't waste time on mediocre people. I swore off women for seven years and to this day it was the best thing I've ever done... and surprisingly easy. Worse things in life than getting to do whatever you want whenever and however you want, and making all of it half-priced to boot is no small thing.

• If me, who had a bad experience with almost evey get I met, still believe in love and doesn't generalize, then no one should do it.

• Very true I think I saw the question about this the other day, it was about "Incels" but you could insert any group, it was a X Youtube video, if I say name I will automatically put off half the readers :) - Anyway their main assertion was that the internet was one of the main reasons because disturbed people can find each other on way out forums and wind each other up to sometimes very violent outcomes.
    This is so true say my formative years for argument sake 15 -25 (1984 to 1994) you got rejected, dumped etc - You moved on, you did not become a woman/man hater. Sometimes its nice to say "IN MY DAY :) "

• Of course not there is so many good females out in the world including You Mother Russia

• I decided to break up with my Ex thus she is a evil monster ;( All girls are monsters! MOAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

• I had an aunt who beat my uncle with a chair so bad he was put into the ICU, and she knew he couldn't do anything because she'd cry self-defense all the way through custody and divorce court. Some women are monsters.

• I agree mostly with your comment, but I disagree with not generalize.
    One of the things which I like more of this place is because it lets us see the difference between both genres.
    And common in genres are very useful information, by example, there was one interesting question about money on relation and the difference between answers was very revealing.
    Its true that questions type:
    "Are all women gold diggers?"
    doesn't help nothing and its just trolling.
    But as you said we have different body parts, and that affects more that in the sex.
    Opinions here are very good to learn those differences.

• Show more from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 25

• The main reason I have no interest in dating any longer: A lot of them have no respect for waiting for marriage to have sex. Many don't want to wait, a lot use each other. And I come to find every day, on here on GaG, other sites and real-life people are just crazy and ill mentally. How I've been treated because of my views is my main reason for being celibate. And I always tell people that if you truly want a healthy, thriving relationship and want it to lead to marriage, do it right! Otherwise, don't complain when things end up going sour. It's not so much of a gender issue, its a humanity issue. And the perfect example is the amount of disrespect because their views don't resonate with them from both sides on the comment feeds. Sad. The reality is people mainly date for sex and for a sexual experience, and that is why their 'dating' experience is so bad. Men too horny for women their not married to. And women too quick to give it up before marriage. No side or gender have the right to complain. That's over 20 years of my life experience with this mess. And I cannot always blame people who put blame on the opposite sex as long as they are aware of their own flaws and have a desire to change them.

• @bamesjond0069 Who are you to tell me I'm too old to wait for marriage? I have no DESIRE for marriage anymore! I could have been married at 18, but wants to marry that young anymore? Hardly anybody. No. I no longer want kids or somebody.

• I, unlike most people, do NOT have logical and rational reasons for marriage and children. I cannot handle it, have too many bad experiences with men as is. And I cannot do that and put my problems on somebody else. Sorry, that is not love.

• I agree with every single letter. I hate when people have stereotype ideas like that.

Great take! ❤❤❤

• This exactly what I’ve been trying to tell people, hope they will listen to you, ‘cause they didn’t care when I said it

• I think its useless. Some people just sound like they WANT to hate the other gender.

• I'm shaking my head while face palming when someone generalize. That's one of the biggest problem from gag users (not every users obviously) 🤦

• I attract crazies but I'm hopeful to find someone who's the right shade of crazy for me.

• I totally agree. But after a some time of dating it's hard to keep having faith 😅

• I wasn't expecting this many apologists in here, but oh well.

• 5d

Reminds me of Thomas Hardy poetry. Neutral tones and a broken appointment. What a lol

• Amen isn’t that the truth!

• TRUTH IS TOLD. THANK YOU.

• Agreed

• Thank you for making sense 🙏🏾

• Brilliant.

• That's completely true

• neat

• Few men and few women are worth it

• Nice take

• Lmao 😂 😂

• Nice take

• good take

• I dont think things as farfetched as all men are evil. But if all men weren't selfish they why do I keep meeting selfish men?

• Yes but when you're had several bad experiences with the opposite gender this ought to mean something. In my opinion, most guys are shallow and are only interested in a girl's looks. Of course, they'll say, they also care about her personality but they mean they want her to be smiley and obedient

• I’ve noticed when you’re on a roll, you end it mid sentence with “that’s it.”

“A girl or a guy cheated you or treated you badly or whatever, it hurts a lot, but now it's finished.” 👍🏻

Takes awhile to heal, while also looking back what you learned.

• You're an intelligent young woman. You shouldn't even give these people your time , it is useless because they want to be bitter and jaded.