Things that men do that don’t impress some women that much…

I was just listening to Shania Twain over the radio about what doesn’t impress her. This inspired me to write another Mytake about what men do or have that don’t necessarily bring heart eyes to women.

“I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart
But you've got being right down to an art
You think you're a genius-you drive me up the wall
You're a regular original, a know-it-all”

I love a man who’s smart and intelligent. Who doesn’t want a man with an impressive list of accolades? But if all you constantly do is bore me out with your scientific theories, alien conspiracies and brag about your accomplishments, don’t expect me to stay put. Talk to me about how vulnerable you are, your thoughts about our relationship, your fears – tell me. I want to know more of you.

Okay, so you're a rocket scientist?
So you got the brain but have you got the touch”

Who doesn’t want a man who works on rockets? Who flies planes? Who builds skyscrapers? But if you don’t show me that side of you who loves to get down and dirty with me, cooking in our kitchen or painting our house together, then who are you inside that uniform?

“I never knew a guy who carried a mirror in his pocket
And a comb up his sleeve-just in case
And all that extra hold gel in your hair oughta lock it
'Cause Heaven forbid it should fall outta place”

You can be Tom Hardy or Brad Pitt, but if all you care most about in life are your looks, you’d leave me feeling unloved knowing you have a string of girls vying for your attention. How will I know your heart belongs to me only if I have to constantly compete with them?

“You're one of those guys who likes to shine his machine
You make me take off my shoes before you let me get in
I can't believe you kiss your car good night
C'mon baby tell me-you must be jokin', right!”

I get it. You love your Aventador. It’s your investment, your baby. I wish you’d look at me the way you look at it sitting magnificently in your garage. I wish you’d spend as much time on me as you do buffing off the little nicks on it after a drive in the town and how careful you are with it. I wish you’d be as gentle with my heart.

“You think you're cool but have you got the touch, so what do you think you're Elvis or something?”

You’re so suave, so ruggedly handsome. Everyone adores you. You’re too cool for school. I want to love you but I feel you’re way out of my league and I cannot keep up. I wish you’d come down to earth and love me for me as I love you for you…

“Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm on the long, cold, lonely night
That don't impress me much”

You look like the perfect man. But I am not looking for perfect. I am looking for a man with a human touch with flaws, insecurities and who is not afraid to show me who he truly is inside. What I need is someone who is not afraid to laugh or cry and share his life with me; someone who can hold my hand through it all and just love me.

Having a lot of money, cars, a big house with a gate are good. But it means nothing if I don’t have your love. It can be an upgrade to some women but it is a bonus for me to have an amazing man like you by my side. Together, we can build a life; just you and me. Let me show you what love is…

Thanks for the time reading, lovers.

XOs Pinay_Ako

2279
Pinay_ako is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• 5h

My personal experience with super intelligent guys has been they they had fewer social skills. They were so arrogant and condescending towards others that I couldn’t keep dating them. They were also shocked and bewildered that I was done dealing with them. It’s not like I like dumb guys with poor earning potential either but their negative traits were insufferable.

Most Helpful Guys

• 2d

All great points guys. Seriously. Take note.

However, don't do all this shit when you're first getting to know her. Trust me, she will check out. No question. Just be fun and worry about all the heartfelt shit later on. Trust me. Hardly any women will tell you this, but this is the way.

• 1d

Downvoted the truth?

Typical of the one who lives in denial of the facts.

• 1d

Thank you. I don't get why they're so upset. i am not even tearing men down... I am actually telling them you don't have to be all this, the right girl will love you. Even if you are all this, it is not the reason why a girl is in love with you. It could be a bonus. For lazy gold diggers, then yes they hit a million jackpot regardless if there is love or not...

• 1d

Everyone is different. The problem with most people, if they even attempt to play the game, is that they believe there is a sort of rule book on this shit. Hell, most idiot men actually believe that you have to "try harder" to like someone. The notion behind that is absolutely absurd and I won't even bother trying to deconstruct why. Lol

But, yes, you're right. You don't have to be all these things. This list could really be personal to what you want, but it won't match another woman's list of expectations.

• 2d

Women dont like introverted men like myself who just go to work come home never go anywhere and only speak when there is something to say. Live a simple drama free life, because going out being social and talking takes too much energy. Yep thats me.

• 5h

To be honest not just women who. Don't like introverted men.
      Most people don't. Everyone would like a fun social person, someone who does more than just work and stay at home all day that's just too boring

Join the discussion

2077
  • 1d

Smoking. Add that.

• 5d

Those song lyrics just show that Shania Twain can't handle a strong, independent man.

"Wah, you're too smart, you're too good at winning arguments! You do what you want instead of doing what I want, you like your car more than me, you should be worshiping ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!

• 5d

Why bother with trying to impress women? What's the point of spending all that time and energy getting to impress another useless person who just sits back and judges others?

Do what you do. When someone comes along who's worth your time, you'll know.

• 5d

I know this is cliche, but to impress me, all tey have to do is be themselves. At least for me.
    Be as geeky, nerdy, funny, charming, even be a prick if thats who you are.
    Just be yourself

• 5d

Shania is a beauty, but her outfit and hair does not impress me much in that song. oh well..

Great take. I hope you find your romantic love! That's good. Realize guys have opened their hearts to find someone grab them and slam them to the ground... it make take some time to be vulnerable.

• 3d

This article screams of the men in the top 10% all over it, no compassion for that.

On the other hand I could come up with a nice list of things that turn guys most guys off too such as degrees, tattoos hypergamy and narcissism.

• 2d

The best thing is this is just a typical "You totally don't impress me with your muscles and your money and your brains and your big dick... mmm", and it usually ends with her being another one on the high value man's notch count, regretting it, and leaving in a walk of shame.

• 2d

You say that now... but the endgame is usually the same. Women just want it all.
    You want a rich man, but want him to still have time to spend with you... i mean.. how do you think he got rich... but spending all his time for the money that made him rich. Gotta pick one.

Now to talk about meself... I've learned not to try to impress no woman... a woman will be impressed by what she wants to be impressed by regardless... and if its me? fine.. if it ain't.. its what it is.

• 5d

While this may be the case for you personally, a lot of women out there will fuck a guy just for being rich even if he is the ugliest, most boring and retarded person in the world.

• 4d

Yup. MOST women would open their legs for an ugly doctor because he's a doctor.
      *most*

I think the female who wrote that is.. A lesbian.
      Not gonna lie.

• 1d

This is all subjective really. A lot of the things you said that wouldn’t impress women would actually impress some women. Maybe you would be bored by a man’s discussion of science but another woman might find it really interesting.

• 23h

hence SOME... on the title... :) I did not generalize ALL women

• 4d

This should be retitled "Things men do to impress work that make them insecure."

News flash there's over 7 billion people in the world. You're always going to have competition so rather than get annoyed that a guy is trying to show his best assets, realise he's going to have other girls interested in him and bring out your best to win him over.

• 5d

But if I don't have any of the *things* and I only care about you, then that's not enough either, right?

So the question that goes unanswered at the beginning of all of this is: Why should I care about impressing you? Shania Twain also neglects explaining it.

• 3d

I am going to be blunt.

I honestly do not care to and have more important things to do than try to impress some random woman I do not even know, and I think a good number of gentlemen on here feel the same.

• 5d

Shania the whore Twain doesn't deserve to be impressed, nor do women who think like her.

If you got a man who puts up with you, protects you, provides for you and doesn't wreck you, say thanks to GOD and to him and be happy.

• 5d

Threatening her , disrespectful behavior and making everything about him.
    Soon it brings fear and resentment to women if all their acts are interpreted as wooing and capturing him.

Even desire and the spark are lost with assumptions and misunderstanding- misinterpretation.

• 3d

Yea but you pretty much just described her, not him.

• 3d

Yeah all men threaten and disrespect women for sport. You lost all credibility by saying that.

• 3d

Well then you can validate your credibility equally with evidence to the contrary.

Mine is personal experience and countless RSS feeds to suggest that tactics are employed In legal scenarios.

Likewise the ease with with relationships head south and are beyond repair if a man finds a reason, any reason to stop respecting his partner.

Women yield out of reactivity and pain.
      We don’t freely find it entertaining to discuss how we slept and wrecked so and so’s image. It has its deepest roots of vengeance and emotions to go that length.

That’s also why there are countless videos on how to earn a guys’ love, respect and attention back and so very few toward men seeking these answers
      Because they don’t want to care.

That itself speaks volumes the market for relationship counseling is ideally geared to women.
      You may say that’s because we can’t be grateful or happy. But women have heightened intuition before damage is near.

Some let it slip because they endure the embarrassment and awkwardness or let’s say in some dire situations, abuse.

It’s not incredible to know it’s that obvious in society.
      If you have better rationale offer that not your unfounded criticism.

• 4d

I could care less about impressing women or anyone. Why should men always try to impress women? Why do women deserve special treatment just because of their sex? I thought they were for equality.

• 5d

You know it took me many years to get to know that. How come women don't say that in the beginning? Like tell us what you want to hear. Why lets us stubble across and let us figure us out on our own. Just make things simple and tell us. Just like you did with this take. Most men will read this and go that's a good idea and never learn from it.

• 4d

The Irony of a massively unimpressive self absorbed, condescending, entitled princess singer expecting to be impressed by men...

• 3d

Or women in Shania Twain's case because she's a known homosexual.

• 1d

@Benedek38 You may be right about both. Certainly more women come to the aid of homosexuals than men. And political convictions absolutely IE feminism.

• 1d

@ThisAndThat you got that right mate

• 3d

Unfortunately i am going to die alone since you pretty much described me.

I love talking about space, science, philosophy and stuff but i have zero personality education and skills.

I'm pretty pathetic and i feel worthless. I have no fucking clue how to fix any of it and its driving me deeper into despair.

• 2d

Take some risks and experience it as you would logically.

It will hurt less but you emerge with insight.
      In the process you might find it. Never know;) trying if you feel you will end up in despair is often the solution to overcome it.

• 2d

What do you mean?

• 2d

There is an audio book but it can be taken in any context, ‘unbecome yourself’ it’s called.

Just go and do what you wouldn’t do. Is what I meant.

• 5d

This is simultaneously also "Things that women do that don't impress some men that much".

• 5d

the kind of guy that laughs and cries and who is cuddly and vulnerable is probably interested in other men not women.

• 2d

Honey, do you what doesn't impress men about women?

Well, for one, a 37 year old 4/10 telling us what she finds valuable in us.

And guess what?
    This whole thing is about a mediocre woman trashing men for being better, more educated, more accomplished, more hard-working than her. Because the singer, and you yourself, dear OP, are insecure, and can't handle a strong man, so you try to drag them down, mock them. That's what's going on, isn't it, honey?

You're not looking for the perfect man? Well, I have news for you honey - he wasn't interested in you either. So you can play the brat all day long, insult men all you like, but the fact is that you're just a hater.

• 1d

At least she knows how to speak English, unlike you

• 1d

@gothgirl997 There's exactly ONE mistake I can see, and that's this:
      *do you KNOW what doesn't impress men about women?
      I left out a word during re-writing the sentence.

• 1d

"For you to rate me 4/10 is laughable."
      No, the laughable part if that you honestly think you're worth more than 4/10.

"Say what you want but you don't understand what I am trying to say."
      I understood you perfectly. Did YOU understand what I said?

"I am not insulting men here. It's actually the other way around"
      Actually you're not insulting men, or blessing men either. You're trashing successful men by picking on the being smartass, self-absorbed, too good to be true, etc... when in reality none of these are real flaws in them, these are YOUR flaws - YOU are not good enough for them, and you insult them for it. I can't imagine a lot of things more petty than this, really.

"hide behind that picture-less profile of yours."
      Unlike you, I don't define myself by my looks, and I don't need people's approval of my looks to sleep sound. Chao, honey!

• 2d

Then just don't expect a man to impress you, and be open about it. I think a lot of men feel like they need to he impressive in order to attract women, due to how picky women can seem, wanting a handsome, tall guy who is financially their equal, smart, kind, loving, emotional, open about their feelings but not too open to make it boring, interesting, funny, not too braggy, not too serious, not too laid back. You have to be a reliable guy who is not too reliable because then you would be boring, but you need to be somewhat reliable or you're seen as immature and childish by women. I think this whole thing with women believing a man will blow them away and give them everything they want is very toxic and is causing this scenario. The current dating game is mostly based around men impressing women. You seem like a decent example of this, you seem to want everything. Pick the things that are most important to you and focus on them.

• 5d

Just read this. Thanks for sharing.
    What an insightful breath of fresh air.
    A very eye opening peek into the female psyche, and an honest one at that.
    Folks, these are pearls of wisdom.
    Pay attention.

• 5d

Know it alls

only can talk about sports and Video Games.

chews with his mouth open.

Small penises.. LOL

• 1d

“Okay, so you're a rocket scientist?
    So, you got the brain but have you got the touch?”
    I feel sorry for whoever you had to say this to.
    That's gotta hurt.

• 2d

Everyone have different tastes. Some girls are impressed by money while others are not. There is also sapiosexuality that make you attracted to intelligent peoples. Everyone seek different things In partners.

• 5d

If I impress someone at some point thats fine but I definitely dont see the point of trying anymore. The more you try to be impressive, the less impressive it is. The less you try, the less impressive as well. You just have to be impressive and flaunt it. But if you were born a mere peon then dont even bother. You'll never "impress" her.

• 5d

Very good one. Lots of men just want to impress and they don’t realise that when you’ve been together for a few months, you get comfortable and that coat of shine they covered themselves with starts to fade...
    I experienced that with my ex. Saying so many amazing things about how he does his own laundry and can cook and so obsessed with his hair... always a know it all, when I was honest and myself. after a year and a half of relationship we were living together and I was cooking, cleaning, doing his laundry, and even cut his hair. This is my fault and I get it. I let him fool me. But never again. After 5 years together I broke up. He was telling me I’m too strong, independent and too impressive. I’m successful in my career I’m right in my choices, I earn twice the amount of money he does. So he felt small, and took a hit to his ego. Well, piss off. That’s what I said 🤷🏻‍♀️

• 2d

FT working single dad , the LAST thing I would ever do is attempt to " impress " a woman. If they like me , great !! If not , not a flying one given , the only women in my life are arms length platonic friends , I do not want to endure another relationship. " Talk to me about how vulnerable you are " ..., big NO , for a man , that WILL be used as ammunition against him at some point , and will be taken as a sign of weakness , that is reality !!

• 3d

Well, some women do get iimpressed by stuff that most others don't get iimpressed by. Shallowness is always bad, though.

• 1d

that`s why she said things men do that SOME women aren`t impressed by

• 2d

It's reasonable, a male scientist wouldn't talk to some woman about scientific theories unless he thinks she could understand it, which is why scientists only date intellectual women.

Men who work on rockets, who fly planes, who build skyscrapers don't impress me either. A woman who could accomplish those things would be impressive and truly different from the rest. I share the sentiment of Shania Twain and the rest of the unimpressed women, that intelligence in women is more impressive because it's rarer.

• 2d

"Men who work on rockets, who fly planes, who build skyscrapers don't impress me either. A woman who could accomplish those things would be impressive and truly different from the rest."
      Well, that's just plain old sexism. The first half of your name is spot on - you're a beta.

• 1d

@Benedek38 nice try, beta is the numale who complains about sexism without looking at the statistics :))

• 5d

I'm so weird. I'm not like most girls. I like it when men are smart, willing to share and talk about stuff I have no idea, so that I can learn new things. In vice versa, I think it's not normal if a man talks about "feeling". Men would like to be protectors. If they show their weaknees to you, how could you rely and feel safe when being with them? Somehow I think one would use the word to make a woman feel like he cares. It could be a lie. I don't believe in that kind of word at all.
    Plus, how can you compare yourself to a car? (actually that sounds like getting jealous of it.) If a man wants to express about his property, his success, it may imply that he could be a provider, for you? I don't know maybe I'm wrong.

• 5d

"I'm not like most girls".

• 2d

no worries, do what is right for you.

• 8h

@lightbulb27 Thank you. Now I would like to know what make a man feel intimidated by a woman? Her strength? Her intelligence? Her social status?

• 5d

i really liked this. i love shania but this was such a bitchy song.

• 2d

Do men want to impress women?

I don't think it's needed for me considering if a woman is impressed by me to the point of finding romantic interest in me... I consider them an airhead.

• 5h

I would want them to be more expressive. That's pretty much it

• 5d

It only takes a bit of simple human knowledge for guys to be able to read what the girl is into.
    Sadly, many don't have that ability :/

Also, those song lyrics don't really correlate with your article, it sounds to me that she's a woman who hates/doesn't care about a man's qualities as long as he isn't good in bed, sounds kinda slutty to me lol

• 4d

awesome, great job interleaving a lot of points with the song — a few hit home with me — it’s never too late to change 👍

• 12h

Srsly a woman would ignore these if she's a attracted to a male maybe figure it out later but not at first just stop listing your nonsense traits and qualities relationships aren't a job resume

• 1d

things that women do that dont impress men... = post lame meme's of femenist things, post opinions and not questions on a question-answer website, make no sense

• 5d

i will stop trying to impress women much, thank you

• 5d

I feel like you are going to die alone. Your wish list might feel realistic to you but trust me, you're in for shock. And let's not forget the most important part here, the other side is going to have a wish list too. Probably not as long as yours (few do) but you better be damn sure your ticking a lot of boxes.

Understand yours by doing this. Stand naked in front of the mirror, holding up your harvard law degree and home baked apple pie. If you can't do that ( who could?) get as close to that as you can so you can truly understand what you are offering up. Understand if you are shop bought apple pie or homemade

Either that or get ready to die with you cats.

• 2d

no offense but judging by your vocabulary in this whole take I think trying to impress someone like you is a waste of time either way

• 2d

All she is saying; none of those things listed can be substituted for being FUN

• 2d

@Prof_Don i'm pretty sure her definition of FUN is drama and attention because so far all the women I met with this attitude ended up being this way at lightning speed

• 5d

according to this post its like you seem to find a reason not to get impressed by thinking in a negative way, and i hate when guys trying to impress people i find it desperate and stupid

• 4d

Shit. I'm an undesirable man...

(Know it all, vain, doctor's uniform but nit super social, boyfriend thinks I'm out of his leagie

• 5d

Would you say that you are not like into someone if you are bord and thay try to make you happy and feel better about yourself and you are just to bord to see it?

• 4d

Well... I dunno what I read, but that felt so pointless.

• 5d

I think it's funny you use this song considering Shania husband cheated on her. Lol

• 1d

Do you know what!
    It's about the same the other way around.

• 4d

I can already tell the girl in the picture they used on the home page for this is British 😂

• 5d

. "Talk to me about how vulnerable you are, your thoughts about our relationship, your fears – tell me. I want to know more of you."

Nah. Never. Piss off

Show More
47