Is it okay if my boyfriend wants to split the bill when we go out to have dinner?

Girls, how would you react?
We only split the bill if its more than $80
If its under, either me or him that pays all (we would take turns in paying)
Do u guys think its good approach or he should pay all no matter how much?

• Yes its okay
  • No its not okay
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1617

What Guys Said 17

• Depends if you are a feminist then you should split it. He should not oppresse your right to pay your half of the bill.

• Girls want equality... So when it comes for money, why u doubt urself?
    U don't have to ask such thing u should do that

• Why do you even ask this question its perfectly okay if he asks to share the bill if its above a certain amount.
    What you guys have going on is just the way it should be :) it's prefect. Cheers ๐Ÿป

• Don't bother cook and cleaning too ok? Men should do it all while you get fat.

• so you're a gold digger?

• 6d

How am i a gold digger? We take turns in paying so i pay too.. so shut your mouth you gronk๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• 6d

I didn't say you were actually. I see, that's cool, but I don't remember my turn. Also my mouth is shut so you're wish was granted, not that you even wished for that. Gronk? lmao I'll use that one day, thanks mate.

• Why should men pay, don't you do anything for a living? This used to be normal because women didn't earn money, I see no reason for me to pay your share now. You pay what you order, I pay what I order.

• 6d

Some men still want to pay for the lady. Honestly though I make more then enough to pay for myself.

• 6d

Just outdated ethics.

• 6d

Girls want equality... So when it comes for money, why u doubt urself?
      U don't have to ask such thing u should do that. @asker

• My girlfriend only pays half if we're living together. She can pay 100% if she invites me out and I pay 100% if I ask her out.

• If someone looking for just hangout / hookups can split bills. But if we looks for relationship then why it matters, anyone who have money pay bills. Cause If they can't manage and care of each other in these little matters then in future how they will be with you on any big issues.

• Nothing is owed to anyone.

• Yeah it's okay to split the bill but i would say it all depends on
    who invited, should be the one to pay for it all.

• Unless you're dating a walking ATM then that's how it should be done.

• I don't mind picking up the tab, but you had better pick up the next one, but don't be buying steak when it's my turn, and salad your turn

• He seems very sensible.

• How long have you guys been dating for?

• 6d

Over a year.. why?

• 6d

Splitting the bill or taking turns is fine. If it was a beginning dating series then yes the man needs to pay

• Answer my post

• Its ok

• That would be nice once in awhile my girlfriend makes me pay for everything

What Girls Said 16

• Yes, it's absolutely okay. It's not fair for him to have to pay all the time, and wanting to split the bill shouldn't mean that he doesn't care about you or value you.

• This is the only right answer and I don't see how any woman could feel happy to do anything else! Don't you all feel so selfish just letting him pay?

• I think thats a good system you got, sharing who pays fully and halving when its expensive.

• You do pretty much what my partner and I do, I think it works well

• Money is tight for a lot of people our age right now. Cost of living has skyrocketed, but the rates of pay have remained static.

Splitting the bill just makes sense.

I made more money than my last boyfriend, so I paid a little more often. But usually we split the bill evenly.

Whatever you guys are comfortable with is a-okay.

• hell yes it's okay, my girlfriend and I do this all the time. we're not rich haha, we have a budget, and somtimes we just can't treat each other. it's more about spending time together than who pays

• I usually split the bill, it's how I am.

• We always split the bill. It's the most fair and easy thing to do. No arguments, no trouble. He wants to save money too, you know. He can't pay the bills for dinner for the rest of your lives!

It is only necessary on special occasions (like your birthday dinner). And vice versa.

• I think that's what people supposed to do in a relationship instead of always sticking to the "guys should pay the bill" thing. I mean when my boyfriend pays for me I always buy him something else in return because I don't want people to think i date him just so i have someone pay for me every single time

• I think it's totally fair to split it. But if you don't want to spend that much money, you can say you want to eat at a cheaper place, more than $80 is kind of a lot for two people's dinner.

• 6d

Nah we do go cheaper places more often than fancy ones..

• Life is expensive these days, nothing wrong with that.

• I think thats really reasonable

• It's good, it means if you want a 40 dollar steak, you can just buy the darn steak, rather than eating salad and chips cos it's a reasonable price

• It is ok

• I think it's fair.

• Its fine with me if I pay for my half. I do the same with my friends.