Do you show PDA with your partner in front of your friends?

Do you show PDA with your partner infront of your friends?
Why or why not?

PDA = public displays of affection
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Within reason, sure. I will hold my gfd's hand or maybe wrap my arm around her.

Context is everything. At the beach, I might go so far as to hug and hold her. In a more formal setting, I might, if it is the first time I've seen her all day, just give her a quick kiss on the cheek.

However, I always make it a point to at least show some affection. I love her with all my heart and I am proud of her and I don't mind if people know that. In fact, I want them to know that.

She is - and the three babies she has given me out of love - the best thing that ever happened to me.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As a single, it becomes horribly awkward at times. Like, dude you love him, go fuck him but do that behind closed doors please. I don't want to see your tongues clashing for God's sake

0|1
    0|0
    • And here I intentionally mean Making out. I'd you're holding hands and pecking it's fine.

• Hahah I agree

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• Looks pretty stupid. You know how the couple who shows the most public attention are usually the ones who eventually breakup? Well that's because they're infatuated with each other which honestly never last long. Also acting like you and your significant other are staring a Disney movie just seems childish.

1|0
    1|0
    • How is that stupid?
      you're showing that you love your partner infront of people.
      Thats not stupid at all.
      you're only 17
      You dont know how real love work.

Showing PDA like holding hands, hugging, giving a peck on the lips here and there.. theyre signs of love
      Why not show your partner that no matter if its in private or public that you love them?
      You got lots to learn boy.

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we show PDA.
      Did we break up?
      No.

• Show All
    • As a matter of fact just to prove my point I wanna follow you. I want to make sure you're the first person I ask for advice.

• I agree with @21feminist that learning from mistakes of other people is also a way of 'Gaining Experience' & Asker, just because someone is elder or have made mistakes or has "Seen more life", that does not necessarily mean that they have more experience or that they have more refined thinking, & surely doesn't mean that opinions of people younger than them ain't worth just because they're less experienced in their eyes, as a Matter of their age. Knowledge, intelligence & Thinking/ analysing abilities also play a major role for same & they vary highly from person to person & that's the reason why age alone cannot be a determinant for wisdom or experience or whatever, that's just an old stereotype.

• I do show her love, but I also be polite so no one gets uncomfortable or jealous. I usually do things that canโ€™t escalate any further, such as a kiss. I mostly give back scratches, leg rubs, or play with her hair

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. But in a respectful way for everyone. For example. I'd give her kisses on the cheeck or forehead. Hold her hand and hugs. But thats about it. Id also tell her she looks beautiful or I love her... Little compliments like that. Keep it respectful for all parties involved.

1|0
    0|0
  • It kind of varies. Some people will sit there and just kiss and kiss in front of their friends which is awkward but like a peck here or there and holding hands is fine. I'm fine saying I love you in front of them too, but I don't want others to feel put off by our actions cause we're not there to show off, we're there to hang out.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it is not gross. Holding hands, hugs, kisses. That's completely fine. But making out continuously in front of other people is not.

5|1
    0|0
  • Personally, it realy depends on how close these friends are to both of us (my partner and I), if they're close friends, I don't mind. Of course, it would depend on my partner's thinking as well, but personally, I don't realy care, as long they're good friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I probably would but it would feel weird to me since well I hardly been in a relationship, and it would feel awkward wit them seein us kiss and whatnot.. I would most likely limit it..

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends: mostly no touchy-feely, sometimes subtle indications and occasionally NGAF public misbehaving ๐Ÿ˜ˆ.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but she get embarrassed to easy now, but when was younger we did the nasty in semi public places (on the side of roads, water falls, creeks, trails...) a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... not in front of friends or people in general. Holding hands, a kiss on the cheek, a hug is fine though. Just no making out. That's just make others awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends of what kind of "affection" we are talking about. Those ones who keep kissing and hugging each other in public seem a little immature. But things like take her for the hand or for the waist is ok

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no problem with showing your significant other some affection in public or in front of your friends as long as it's tasteful and not crossing the line

0|0
    0|0
  • We deal with couples being the root of most tension it can be a good thing for just enough PDA to provide a warm happy atmosphere. Too much and it becomes rude and impolite..

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not afraid to say this nugget is my nugget everyone can look for their own treasure or admire mine but at the end of the day I like everyone to know how I feel about my SO

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like seeing PDA, so if I engaged in it I would be a hypocrite, hypocrites deserve to be shot, so I would have to kill myself, I like my life too much to display PDA.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, holding hands, hugging, sure! But I dont wanna be grossing everyone out with a sloppy kiss or something, it's just courtesy to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but i try to keep it pg. A little kiss here, holding hands there. No full on make out sessions and such.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always love giving PDA all the time lol I'm a soppy sod

1|0
    0|0
  • With the right girl in front of anyone and everyone

2|0
    0|0
  • doesn't matter where we are. If i care about her i will show her.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• Yes within reason.
    Not being to the point where someone's going to tell us to get a room.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I would kiss him in front of anyone ๐Ÿ˜

1|2
    1|0
  • I don't take it too far, because I know it makes other people uncomfortable, but if we're hanging out with friends, especially if there are other couples there, I will kiss him, lean into him, or put a hand on his knee or lower thigh. Nothing more than a few seconds, just reaffirming my affections.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in an ldr but if we were together (or whenever we text with a friend in a group chat) I don't show any kind of PDA. Maybe if we were together holding hands or a hug would be ok for me but anything beyond that would make others uncomfortable or cringy and that's the last thing I want.

0|0
    0|0
  • He puts his arm around me. We do that so we can hint that he's mine and I'm his when we're in public.
    Other than that, we save the good stuff for when we're alone ๐Ÿ˜‰

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm a big affection giver. I like to hold hands in public, I also hug and cuddle and give kisses but I don't make out or dry hump in the middle of a store like I saw one couple do...

0|0
    0|0
  • Holding hands, small kisses, hugging... I don't want to make it too uncomfortable for other people, so we try not to take the PDA too far if we are in company.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. hand holding and pecks on the cheek or even hand on my leg. All small gestures showing affection. None of the inappropriate make out stuff. No one needs to see that.

0|0
    0|0
  • To a certain extent. We hold hands, link arms or put our arms around each other. If we're sitting, it's normal for us to either hold hands or for one of us to have a hand on the other's knee or thigh. I prefer not to do more than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course, sure i guess that friends could be uncomfortable but that shouldn't stop you from showing your appreciation to your s/o. Friends will have to pretty much suck it up. There is a limit tho, its better not to be fully making out and stuff in front of friends because its a little awkward for the couple and the friends. Hugging holding hands kisses here and there, all perfectly fine. Its important to let each other know you live them no matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The most is hand holding or a quick kiss but he and I aren't overly affectionate in general, especially in public.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like affection but if my guy doesn't like it I wonโ€™t show PDA. Coming from someone whoโ€™s always around couples constant PDA can get very annoying for the people around them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love public displays of affection. I want everyone to know he's mine mine and I'm his

1|0
    0|0
    • You think people would actually waste their time to think that while they got other things to do?

• I'm not saying people are thinking it. It's just that I want them to know it.

• No... maybe a peck, holding hands and hugging is fine but nothing more

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't show PDA because my partner is 36 and I'm 18. And I don't want to deal with the looks or comments I'll get because of it.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't think this is yes or no, there's lots of ways to show affection without crossing lines. And everyone has different lines. Is it okay to cross other's lines when they are in public?

0|0
    0|0
  • I show some. It's not full on making out but we hold hands and kiss and whatnot.

0|0
    0|0
  • we do in public, we hands and even kiss from time to time but nothing overly sexual.

0|0
    0|0
  • I generally do but not over the top. Simple things like holding hands, hugs or a peck on the cheek

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on if you're snogging them or just a simple hug or kiss.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes