How I understand the 10 Commandments

jennifer_bloom
How I understand the 10 Commandments

1st Rule = You serve Gods principles and Gods children and not your own ego or appetite

2nd Rule = You serve Gods virtue and Gods compassion and not your favourable beauty or power

3rd Rule = You serve God’s forgiveness and tolerance and not your own reputation or social status

4th Rule = You serve God’s peace and health and not your own ignorance or anxiety

5th Rule = You serve Gods protectiveness and honour and not your own progress or mental preferences

6th Rule = You serve Gods happiness and positivity and not your own vanity or hostility

7th Rule = You serve Gods relationships and respect and not your own desire and habitus

8th Rule = You serve Gods rules and demands and not your own stomach or luxuries

9th Rule = You serve God’s gratitude and compliance and not your own vanity or glory

10th Rule = You serve Gods procedure and machinations and not your own vision or mental disposition

How I understand the 10 Commandments
7
1

Most Helpful Guys

• scholastic_vibez
    In the Jewish tradition The 10 Commandments acted like a code key to highlight, and expand upon the laws of Torah, and the various laws in books like Leviticus, Deuteronomy etc.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Fun interpretations
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

15
  • Gustav1
    The ten commandments aren't open for interpretation as they are unambiguous. What you're presenting here are personal equivalencies to what's being said. In some of your examples, the reading if the commandments are plainly wrong as you tend to add things to them.

The first commandment mentions "no other Gods before me" and therefore the use of the plural to describe God or the addition of other characters to him is inappropriate.

The second example assumes that there is a virtue beyond that of God's as you specify the word 'virtue' for no clear reason, neither does the commandment mention the word 'virtue'. The second commandment also speaks of heavenly idolatry and physical entities of worship, not only "powers" or beauty that is found on earth.

The third example makes no sense as you cannot "serve forgiveness and tolerance" as forgiveness and tolerance are not living or physical entities. You serve God, and grace is what you get.

The fourth example makes no sense as God is immortal and, therefore, the word "health" is not applicable to him. The addition of this word would say that God has vulnerabilities, which means that you are adding to the commandment.

I could go on, but I believe that I have made my point clear enough.

You really ought to think about what you're presenting before you post it.
  • triff
    This comes from the old testament When God was not so gentle people would fear the wrath of God Things only started forgiveness Jesus was the love gentle and for giving
  • jimmy2
    None of us can do 200% following of the 10 Commandments. Its points out ous sin abd the need of a Savior. Jesus fulfilled these laws. Now all Hod ask of us to accept His Son who paid the sin debt to these 10.
  • Gedaria
    Novel, but why the 10 commandments. Are you Jewish...
    • Jesus was the founder of Christianity and he said we should keep the 10 commandments

• Gedaria

Where, he only left two , worship God with your whole heart , Soul , and mind.
      The second one love your neighbour as your self...
      When Jesus died it was the end of the Mosaic or Jewish Law...

• StylesbyDR
    10 rules : Be a good person
  • Anonymous
    Or
    "Do as I say or I'll hurt you"
    • Gustav1

That is not the statement that's being made. The typical reasoning by God is that if you don't do what I say, I will leave you to your own path where you will stumble, hurt yourself and I won't help you. I quote Proverbs 1:24-33:

"24 Because I have called and you refused to listen,
      have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded,
      25 because you have ignored all my counsel
      and would have none of my reproof,
      26 I also will laugh at your calamity;
      I will mock when terror strikes you,
      27 when terror strikes you like a storm
      and your calamity comes like a whirlwind,
      when distress and anguish come upon you.
      28 Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer;
      they will seek me diligently but will not find me.
      29 Because they hated knowledge
      and did not choose the fear of the Lord,
      30 would have none of my counsel
      and despised all my reproof,
      31 therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way,
      and have their fill of their own devices.
      32 For the simple are killed by their turning away,
      and the complacency of fools destroys them;
      33 but whoever listens to me will dwell secure
      and will be at ease, without dread of disaster.”