Why the bible discourages the use of astrology

jennifer_bloom

The cosmic universe has different degrees of internal architecture, some of that architecture is alterable and some of it is not, some of our powers are self imposed and other powers of ours are other imposed.

The fact is, that God does not want believers to concern themselves with the amoral composition of the spiritual universe by factoring in things beyond our scope of choice such as birth dates or geographic signifiers because God wants us to negotiate our destiny with him and not focus on cosmic predetermined facts and figures that may be subject to change at His will.

Knowledge that causes division and circumstantial slavery is not meant to be shared and even more so, God can change the outcome if He chooses to, for example, I have two different birthdates because my parents hid me after I was born and the date on my birth certificate does not match the day that I was born so I can actually choose my horoscope.

19
0
0Girl Opinion
19Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Sam_Not_Simon

Also, we aren’t to rely or look for understanding in the stars. Not only would this be fortune telling (sin) but it would be (to me) considered some type of idolatry. You’re becoming infatuated with something God created and consulting it instead of the One who made them. We should be turning to our Maker for understanding and look to the Word of God to help us make sense of a world that we can’t understand.

Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
  • In_Trance

Help me understand here;
    Jesus died... Gregorian calendar is implemented.
    /- 1400 theology is... discovered.
    /- 100 BC... astrology is discovered

But it was all published in a book? 🤔

Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

017
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad

After I was in a horrible relationship that ended terrible cause a psychic sent love into my life I refuse to get involved with any of that stuff astrology, fortune teller, etc I believe it's the work of the devil and I don't want even get involved, my sister used an ouija board with a neighbor friend and that is another evil thing we threw it away so I stay clear from all that stuff

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • The_Maphio

Religion discourages the use of astrology.
    Science discourages the use of astrology.
    Astronomes discourages the use of astrology.

Astrology is the same as tarot cards. A lot of BS disguised as an ascetic practice.
    The only believable thing about it is the reference to the various constellations, that actually exist.

Reply
  • Leavesbound

Why this atheist discourages the use of astrology:

Because it's nothing but superstitious bunk!

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • Jjpayne

I agree that God wants use to focus on the things of importance such as the main focuses and highlights of the bible

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • ZackBan

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

It's not God that doesn't want us to know it's the church, they prefer a flock of ignorant belivers that they can control whoever they like.
    God is all powerful and if for some reason he doesn't want us to know something we won't be able to even grasp it, like death: we are no closer now than we were before to understand how the concept of death works or even how to reverse it, sure we know what causes death but once you're dead there is no study capable of bringing you back

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • Stoner710

Ex-Christian typing here I’m agnostic now. Basically the idea is that you shall not put any thing before God astrology tends to put the astrological signs before god. It is also assumed in pagan religions that the astrological sighs determine how you were going to be in life and your personality your love life etc. there’s also Druid signs primarily based in tree bark and of course the Chinese sighs year of the dog for example. These sighs are supposed to predict what you will be in life. Christian of course look at these teachings as false prophets. So of course they’re not necessarily going to have a favorable opinion about astrological signs

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • mgt1ger

The church deliberately trying to stamp. on other faiths which is why their holidays ar on pagan events and cathedrels are all built on ley lines it's just trying to dominate faith

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • Massageman

The practice of pagan divination/astrology/etc is prohibited by God because it is not OF God.
    "Do not practice divination or sorcery." Leviticus 19:26 NIV

"Do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there… The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so… Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord." Deuteronomy 18:9-14

Other cites:
    Isaiah 47:13-14 Leviticus 20:6, 27 Daniel 2:27; Daniel 4:7, 19

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Timberland777

Because it's new age and new age is a prerequisite to wicket and then paganism... That's why

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • K-I-S-S

It likes to be only supernatural thing you belive in.

Doesn't like competition.

LikeDisagree 2 People
    Reply
  • najekim

Doesn't like anything competing with what the writers wrote when they conjured it.

Reply
  • Sublime45

Interesting

Reply
  • BentAssassin99

I really wish I could choose wtf I see🤦‍♂️

Reply
  • kingofthellamas

Its just one set of stories and bs and another

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
  • LeoMartini

Because both are myths

Disagree 3 People
    Reply
  • Anonymous

BECAUSE IT WAS TAUGHT BY THE FALLEN ANGELS

READ THE BOOK OF ENOCH

Reply
  • Anonymous

Astrology and fortune telling is bullshit and a marketing scam

Reply