Why the bible discourages the use of astrology

The cosmic universe has different degrees of internal architecture, some of that architecture is alterable and some of it is not, some of our powers are self imposed and other powers of ours are other imposed.

The fact is, that God does not want believers to concern themselves with the amoral composition of the spiritual universe by factoring in things beyond our scope of choice such as birth dates or geographic signifiers because God wants us to negotiate our destiny with him and not focus on cosmic predetermined facts and figures that may be subject to change at His will.

Knowledge that causes division and circumstantial slavery is not meant to be shared and even more so, God can change the outcome if He chooses to, for example, I have two different birthdates because my parents hid me after I was born and the date on my birth certificate does not match the day that I was born so I can actually choose my horoscope.

19
0

Most Helpful Guys

• Sam_Not_Simon
    Also, we aren’t to rely or look for understanding in the stars. Not only would this be fortune telling (sin) but it would be (to me) considered some type of idolatry. You’re becoming infatuated with something God created and consulting it instead of the One who made them. We should be turning to our Maker for understanding and look to the Word of God to help us make sense of a world that we can’t understand.
    Is this still revelant?
  • In_Trance
    Help me understand here;
    Jesus died... Gregorian calendar is implemented.
    /- 1400 theology is... discovered.
    /- 100 BC... astrology is discovered

But it was all published in a book? 🤔
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

017
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    After I was in a horrible relationship that ended terrible cause a psychic sent love into my life I refuse to get involved with any of that stuff astrology, fortune teller, etc I believe it's the work of the devil and I don't want even get involved, my sister used an ouija board with a neighbor friend and that is another evil thing we threw it away so I stay clear from all that stuff
  • The_Maphio
    Religion discourages the use of astrology.
    Science discourages the use of astrology.
    Astronomes discourages the use of astrology.

Astrology is the same as tarot cards. A lot of BS disguised as an ascetic practice.
    The only believable thing about it is the reference to the various constellations, that actually exist.
  • Leavesbound
    Why this atheist discourages the use of astrology:

Because it's nothing but superstitious bunk!
  • Jjpayne
    I agree that God wants use to focus on the things of importance such as the main focuses and highlights of the bible
  • ZackBan
    Let's agree to disagree on this one.

It's not God that doesn't want us to know it's the church, they prefer a flock of ignorant belivers that they can control whoever they like.
    God is all powerful and if for some reason he doesn't want us to know something we won't be able to even grasp it, like death: we are no closer now than we were before to understand how the concept of death works or even how to reverse it, sure we know what causes death but once you're dead there is no study capable of bringing you back
  • Stoner710
    Ex-Christian typing here I’m agnostic now. Basically the idea is that you shall not put any thing before God astrology tends to put the astrological signs before god. It is also assumed in pagan religions that the astrological sighs determine how you were going to be in life and your personality your love life etc. there’s also Druid signs primarily based in tree bark and of course the Chinese sighs year of the dog for example. These sighs are supposed to predict what you will be in life. Christian of course look at these teachings as false prophets. So of course they’re not necessarily going to have a favorable opinion about astrological signs
  • mgt1ger
    The church deliberately trying to stamp. on other faiths which is why their holidays ar on pagan events and cathedrels are all built on ley lines it's just trying to dominate faith
  • Massageman
    The practice of pagan divination/astrology/etc is prohibited by God because it is not OF God.
    "Do not practice divination or sorcery." Leviticus 19:26 NIV

"Do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there… The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so… Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord." Deuteronomy 18:9-14

Other cites:
    Isaiah 47:13-14 Leviticus 20:6, 27 Daniel 2:27; Daniel 4:7, 19
  • K-I-S-S
    It likes to be only supernatural thing you belive in.

Doesn't like competition.
  • Timberland777
    Because it's new age and new age is a prerequisite to wicket and then paganism... That's why
  • najekim
    Doesn't like anything competing with what the writers wrote when they conjured it.
  • Sublime45
    Interesting
  • BentAssassin99
    I really wish I could choose wtf I see🤦‍♂️
  • kingofthellamas
    Its just one set of stories and bs and another
  • LeoMartini
    Because both are myths
  • Anonymous
    BECAUSE IT WAS TAUGHT BY THE FALLEN ANGELS

READ THE BOOK OF ENOCH
  • Anonymous
    Astrology and fortune telling is bullshit and a marketing scam