What God taught me about success

jennifer_bloom
What God taught me about success

I used to be a purchase addict: I would constantly study and research and explore different ideas thinking there was a linchpin methodology that could assure me financial, social, spiritual and romantic success and one day I had a dream after engaging in this endeavour for around ten years or so. In my dream God told me to forget about the the law of attraction, forget all my self-help books and success tips, forget even my religious prosperity doctrines, there was only one thing I needed to know which was that I would reap what I sow, meaning the quality of my previous work, will determine the quality of my later work, and the quality of my later work, will determine the final outcome of my life and the type of rewards I will get out of it.

It could also mean the difference I create is the difference I will get in life. So even God himself said money is determined by hard work and not by bible knowledge.

What God taught me about success
7
0
0Girl Opinion
7Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• caring__1
    Beautiful insight. It looks like you've grown beyond the self-centered materialistic approach promoted by media and society. I believe your new approach will result in greater happiness and fulfillment. Enjoy the beauty all around us, and share smiles with all you meet.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Marhaban-1
    God taught me to eat healthy today as the hob wouldn't work to fry a slice of bacon but there was tones of fruit in the kitchen
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

05
  • Nick473
    Are you sure he wasn't talking about this?

6 Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches.
    7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
    8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
    9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. - Galatians 6:6-10

16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
    17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
    18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
    19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
    20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
    21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
    24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. - Galatians 5:16-25
  • dillbill561
    The meaning is that what you give so too you will receive. Purchase addiction and consumerism go hand in hand. The meaning of the dream is that you have been misguided in pursuit of money and other falsehoods. Good-luck
  • witness1
    Your God-Dream is quite right. Because when you do quality work, you can be proud of yourself. When you learn new skills and gain new perks, you are improving yourself For noone but yourself. That makes you self-assured and confident. AND THAT IS SEXY. That screams successful individual, that makes attractive. Trust me, my years as a teacher and watching juveniles making their first boy- and girlfriends can tell you. The second they drop the self-doubt and desperation, and concentrate on themselves and their self-worth, they are successful. Grades, relationships, mood, everything.
  • scott04sa22
    And what god when he puts a curse on me
  • Abdulwahh
    To work hard for it