1) The policy detains all adult immigrants, whether or not they have children
2) A ruling upheld by the ninth district court of appeals mandates that minors be put in "the least restrictive setting possible" and this holds true for both unaccompanied and accompanied minors.
3) Separate from the ruling, the ninth district court of appeals states that minors and family members must be kept together
4) The Trump administration maintains that there is no way to keep illegal immigrants from entering the US whilst also allowing families to stay together because of the ninth district court of appeals.
5) Trump's dissenters maintain that "least restrictive setting possible" does not dictate children must be separated from their parents.
6) Previous administrations (Bush and Obama) faced with this dilemma decided against it, deciding it was immoral and unethical.
7) In some cases families are being split with no warning. Parents find out their children have been taken away, as do the children.
8)The children will be put into foster care or another similar environment
9) Flight risk is not currently taken into account. Whether or not the risk of an illegal immigrant not returning to court is high or low, all illegal immigrants are held in custody.
10) Previous administrations ordered illegal immigrants to return to court, in some cases using ankle bracelets. In some cases, they did not return.
11) Democrats argue that Trump's interpretation is not genuine and that this is an attempt to force democrats to change laws- using children as pawns.
12) Republicans argue the Ninth District Court of appeals upheld the original ruling because they wanted to deter detaining any illegal immigrants and hoped that this would discourage detainment because no politician would willingly separate families.
13) The ninth district court of appeals stated the ruling was meant to allow minors to pursue a future and education even if their parents broke the law.
14) guards cannot have physical contact with the children due to liability concern. The children are kept in large fenced in areas. Ages vary wildly. In certain cases one immigrant child has changed another immigrant child's diaper due to the restrictions of the policy.
15) Democrats are accusing conservatives supporting "zero tolerance" of being morally corrupt and evil. Conservatives are accusing democrats of leaving out key details.
From what I've read and found, this is what I managed to piece together.
Now it's up to you to decide
Which way do you lean on this issue?