myReview 1 mo

Why I am moving to Canada!

Anonymous
Why I am moving to Canada!

I have been contemplating moving to Canada for a while now.

Now, that I have done my research and learned some things. I think that it is best for me to move to Canada after graduation. I have been left no choice...I gotta get the hell up out of here!

Where I’m from?

I am from the US. I have lived there all of my life. In fact, I have never left here, not even for vacation. Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. “What is so bad about America?” “There’s bad stuff going on everywhere.” “There are people going through (said thing that is worse) in ___ country. You should appreciate it here.” The thing is, the US may not be as bad as other countries (current events), but it is still a shit show. There are so many problems and sweeping the under the rug doesn’t mean that they don’t exist. There are problems with the legal system, healthcare, racism/sexism/homophobia/etc. Just because “this country” allows this, and technically it’s illegal here doesn’t mean that it isn’t tolerated here.

Education

I am a college student. In case you didn’t know college is VERY expensive. I study biology, and I do have plans on returning. However, I don’t wanna go just to go. It should be something similar to my dream job. Unless, I go out of state there’s barely any programs that fit my expectations. Out-of-state tuition can add thousands of extra dollars for the same degree. Why do that when I can go to Canada and go to the program I’ve been looking for A LOT cheaper. 2 years in a school in Canada (minus the extra fees and as a international student) is the same price if not lower than a SEMESTER of schooling here in America.

Safety

I am aware that the world is evil no matter where you go. However, I can say that I don’t feel safe in America. With school shooting happening way too often, police brutality, abductions, and many more. Again, I know this happens everywhere, but 1) Canada actually holds people accountable. 2) Incidents happen less than America 3) There is stuff actually being done to make these numbers so low (i.e. consistent gun control, officers getting fired, etc.) I would rather live somewhere that I feel safer than not safe at all.

Citizens

Canada looks out for their citizens. They have affordable schooling, healthcare, and proper actions for protection (as mentioned before). The US doesn’t care about their citizens as long as they’re getting money out of them. They consistently pick battles with other countries and then put our safety at risk. Then for the people who fight, (some people will be mad) they don’t care about veterans and soldiers. They (the military) will dangle “benefits” in young people’s (especially young POC and black people’s) faces. Then, don’t provide the help that they need. If you’re a veteran or a soldier and life worked out for you, congratulations. It didn’t work out for the majority of other. The vast majority of homeless people are veterans. We’re in a pandemic and where do they sleep? Outside! They die do they check up on the families and their mental well-being? Hell no! The US could be two shits about the people who help this country from falling apart.

Conclusion

I know I probably struck a few nerves with this post, but I honestly don’t care. I’m leaving after getting my Bachelors degree and gonna start my life in Canada, so you can save the “Why don’t you leave” posts. If this pandemic didn’t show you the US’s true colors and the lack of shits they give, then I don’t know what will.

Why I am moving to Canada!
30
8

Most Helpful Guys

• TadCurious
    Your description of the hellhole of America sounds like an emergency situation. Why on earth would you want to wait until you get your Bachelor's degree? Make a personal appeal for asylum to a Canadian consulate and of course meet any requirements they have for admission during this public health emergency. Don't put yourself through the torture of living in America one more day than you have to. And when the day comes that you're able to flee to safety don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

I’m already spent 3 years here. I might as well finish and I already signed up for my classes.

• Anonymous

Also this COVID-19 mess is bad too.

• JimRSmith
    What do you have to offer to Canada? This is a serious question. You can't just 'move' there. It's not your country.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Yes I can just like people move here. I can get my visa and apply for citizenship. I offer a lot of things and if you’re not from there and in charge of citizenship. I don’t need to answer to you.

• Curmudgeon

You miss JimRSmith's point. Their immigration policy is much more restrictive than you think.

• Anonymous

@Curmudgeon That’s fine.

Most Helpful Girls

• ninjagirl_34
    I think you should move to Canada, I plan on doing that as well. I really like it over there, I mean yeah its gonna reallllyyyy cold but there's ways to adjust.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Yes. I gotta mentally prepare myself for that.

• Anonymous
    I love Canada. They have the most sexiest guys you'll ever see. Their country is beautiful and their Winters are so pretty. ❤😍
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

628
  • Rangers
    My answer to you, good riddance, people as uninformed and anti American traitors as you are unwelcome in my country. Goodbye, and don't come back
    • Anonymous

Peace✌🏾

• Anonymous

And your country. Sir, this country was stolen by your ancestors. And built off of my ancestors backs. Bitch my people built this country.

• Rangers

Pilgrims bought it from the natives, then they wanted the land back without paying, the pilgrims told them they needed the land, the natives skinned their women and children alive, exactly how they handle disagreements with hunting ground, this lead to war in which the pilgrims won and became the rightful owners of the land. Your blacks invented slavery and sold slaves to Americans, the natives were far worse with slavery than we ever were, and I have ancestors who fought in the American revolutionary war, I have ancestors who were natives, and ancestors who were Yankees, what now? If it weren't for them putting their lives on the line and having to march on while the men next to them were being shot and killed, you'd still be picking cotton right now. If it weren't for my revolutionary ancestors, our country would be ruled by a tyrannical, fascist king and everyone would be under complete control instead of us controlling the government, and I have ancestors who were natives and I'm telling you, the natives were savage monsters who didn't deserve this land. Not necessarily my ancestors personally, but generally they were absolutely horrible to eachother. Also important to note that none of my ancestors, even my Native ones owned any slaves, in fact during the civil war, only 10% of adults in slave states owned any slaves. Why are you still here? Get out of my country, or go back to Africa where slavery was created and by the way is still legal there, sadly.

• zagor
    Better do your research. My Canadian relatives buy US health insurance so that if they have an urgent need for a procedure they don't have to wait (they are just 30-50 miles from the border). There are a lot of problems there, so don't buy the mythology. There are homeless people and drug-addled street hookers in all their big cities.

But yes, I have found the people to be friendly.
    • Anonymous

I’m still doing research at the moment but from everything i found it’s better than here.

• zagor

A lot of people in Canada would like to move to the US. In sheer numbers, probably not as many as in US that would like to move to Canada, but that is just because the US has a much larger population: Canada has fewer people than California.

Also, getting in isn't automatic. A couple my parents know had planned on retiring there, figuring they could get in as she was originally a Canadian citizen and was born there. Rejected.

• Anonymous

Yes I’m aware. Thank you for the advice.

• canadiancoloursky
    If you're in western Canada let me know!!! there's a lot of local tips I could hand out and stuff like this.
    Canada actually invites a lot of foreigners to go to university in Canada, lots of immigration programs as well because the locals aren't producing kids anymore it seems. Ski hills actually bring in Australians to come work for them in some years.

Take care and live where you want to! Vancouver is very very expensive though
    • Anonymous

Thank you so much!

• Shamalien
    As a Canadian, I must tell you:

You're retarded
    • Anonymous

Ok. I’m still moving.

• Shamalien

dumb and stubborn. An excellent combination.

• Anonymous

If that helps you sleep at night.

• Waffles731
    Now I can't Criticize moving to another countey because I'm planning on getting Italian Citizenship and being a Dual U. S/Italian Citizen but here are some massive flaws
    "
    1) Canada actually holds people accountable" really? Parts of Canada its REALLY bad to be Native American or 1st peoples, as in being black in a sundown town in Mississippi Bad. Look up the saskatoon freezing deaths up till very recently a major city in Saskatchewan called Saskatoon, their PD decided that they would pick up random Cree Men in the middle of winter where it gets 40 below at night, take their winter clothing from them and drop them 2 or 3 miles outside of town in the middle of night, A LOT Indigenous men were murdered this way and to this date no real charges have been filed against the officers. Early last week, 2 Indigenous men were hunting after being laid off and they were found murdered, shot to death and even if they find their killer its quite possible he will he acquitted as last year a farmer murdered a Native Teenager whose car broke down and came to the door for help, the farmer shot the teen to death in broad daylight for ringing the fucking doorbell, he was acquitted of murder. Those government schools run to erase native culture, the ones that pretty much were gone by the 1940s in the U. S?
    In Canada those ran until 1990.

Right now the Ontario Minister, Doug Ford has openly said he wants Canadian schools to be more like those in alabama.

Also its RIDICULOUSLY hard to immigrate to Canada, for Reference, The U. S takes in a million plus immigrants a year and even with the current shitshow the U. S is still easier to get into than any other 1st world country. Canada meanwhile literally in ten years had 2x more people immigrate to the U. S than there are in the far northern provinces and territories

Its highly likely that Canada simply won't take you.

Me, I don't have to worry about the kind of Immigration System of Italy as long as I can prove my great grandfather I automatically qualify as an Italian Citizen, its also quite possible I qualify for Irish Citizenship.
    But the fact is I will be a Dual Citizen and still be an American Citizen, just also an Italian one as well.
    • How do you planning on getting your Italian citizenship? Like, is your mom/dad Italian? Tu parli italiano? :D

• Waffles731

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau they do bloodline citizenship with no generation limit
      All I have to do is prove my great grandfather came from Italy.

The law is was made specifically to get Americans, Canadians, and Australians of Italian Descent to move to Italy

• Va bene! Non ricordo se la legge ha applicato a tutta europa o paesi spacifici 😬

• mattmanyah2
    I think that Americans that have always lived here don't know how good they have it I encourage you to live eleswhere. Just a warning it was a major shock to me you're not taking the Constitution with you. Canada is fineish but there's a lot of first world countries where due process is not a thing... Same with speech do not expect to be able to talk bad about a group. Good luck stay smart
  • bangyourhead
    So you are a child incapable of taking care of yourself, so you want a daddy-government to do it for you. Let me guess, you think you're a strong, independent wamen
    • Anonymous

The system is built to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. We still don’t know this lmao.

• haha, you sound like someone who has a gender studies degree.

• It's spelled "woman."

• theChineseWASP
    I don't like America that much myself but Canada? If you're going to move why not move somewhere cheaper and warmer? I'm sorry but your reasoning seems pretty silly minded. And like @JimRSmith said the actual immigration process can be really long and difficult. You don't sound like someone who has approached this situation with complete rationality.
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    Do you actually have a plan? Sounds cool, but you can’t just move to another country. You need a working visa and a sponsor of some kind. And your working visa has to be in an essential field. Like, I’m surprised (not really) that only 1 person has even hinted at this.
    • Anonymous

I know I can’t just up. The programs i found were in microbiology and pathology. So it’s definitely essential. And ik which comment you’re referring to.

• Latino202p
    You can move where ever you want.. and Canada is awesome.. if u like hikes and road trips go for it u won't regret it
  • JohnWickman
    Struck a good nerve here! My aunt and cousin lived in Canada for quite some time and they loved it. In fact, I wanna go with you. Where do I sign?
    • Anonymous

Struck many you see. Lol let me finish my research first.

• Levin
    Is this site anyway reflective of what it's like to live in the USA?

Because this website is full of nasty lunatics. I've never seen anything like it.
    • Anonymous

I’m a black woman in America. Our lives are different.

• Levin

Why?

• @Levin because they believe they are still the victims, yet this lady’s ignorance shows otherwise.

• SuccessfulHornDog
    If you go there, then you shouldn't come back here. Dont be a person who goes to another country, gets what you want and then leave without paying it back by working and living there and paying the taxes.

Do the right thing
  • msc545
    You are correct about the US - however - in Canada you will be a second class citizen because feminists run the show there, and in any dispute with a woman, you will always be wrong. It's also colder than hell. There is no free speech.

Consider one of the Nordic countries or Germany (free college!) instead, where you will be treated like a human being.
    • msc545

Oh wait you are female. Forget what I said about feminists. You will be welcomed with open arms!

• MysteriousDarkness
    Since you have made up your mind that you are moving to Canada means you looked at all the information you needed to so you could have made an informed decision. If that is the case then what are you researching?
  • DeeDeeDeVour
    Is there anything about your motherland (the USA) that you feel grateful for?
  • 888theGreat
    Canada is a failing state, they have a better chance of failing before America does.
  • Silence00
    Because it's safe and teachers are great for especially young girls. They give grades if you have sex as the rumours go on...
  • Thotkiana
    We literally dont care
    • Anonymous

Cared enough to reply.

• Thotkiana

Supringsly, writing a four word comment doesn't take much effort...😶

• Anonymous

You still commented tho🤷🏽‍♀️

• Mijopapiii
    Screw Canada
    • Anonymous

Ok. 👍

• Iron_Man
    Sounds like your turning your colors in
    • Anonymous

I’m not getting rid of my citizenship here. I heard many others say not to do it. It must be a bad thing. However, I will be leaving after my graduation.

• WTFever

If you keep your US citizenship you'll be paying taxes in 2 countries, and the tax rate in Canada is higher than in the US. Highly doubtful you'll be able to afford to stay there paying that much money out to taxes in 2 countries.

• Anonymous

@WTFever we’ll see how it goes.

• Mrswright077
    I think it's a wonderful idea, good luck 😁
    • Anonymous

Thank you!

• WTFever
    Malta would be a better option than Canada
    • Anonymous

Maybe🤷🏽‍♀️

• imfreeze95
    You will not be missed
  • KrakenAttackin
    See ya! The U. S. will be stronger without you.
  • Sofiascorpio95
    I couldn’t do it to cold good luck.
  • TwoToTooTutu2
    I live in Bloomington Minnesota. We border Canada.
  • lili2828
    I got you girl!! I hope the best for you
  • Anonymous
    I hope you like it there. Keep in mind that unlike the USA, Canada doesn't have the weight of the free world on her shoulders. Due to historical circumstances, the USA has had to spend a lot of money on its military that could be spent helping its people. The good news is partly thanks to this military spending, that the USA defeated Nazis and Communists. And Islamic extremists are being held at bay as we speak. The bad news is that we have to spend a lot on our military to keep the people of the West (relatively) free.
  • Anonymous
    Haven't you heard? The US/Canada border is closed, possibly for an eternity.

Guys like Trump and Trudeau, "temporary" to them means FOREVER.

And how can you expect the border to EVER reopen when you have New York State (the epicenter of coronavirus in America, if not North America) touching the country?

You should have moved there prior to the first half of March (the shit hit the fan around March 12th in Canada).
    • Anonymous

Oh and Justin is both priggish and callous. He does nothing to reassure the public.

• Anonymous

I know this Corona mess is going on. I’m just saying the moment travel bans are lifted and I have my bachelor’s. I’m leaving ASAP.

• Anonymous

But the border won't reopen in 1,000,000 years. It's closed forever...

• Anonymous
    Instead of that shit choose France or germany, Norway, Denmark. As education is almost free, the toughest part is language if you can Master it there's no issue. But remember in germany most of them speaks English.

I know lots of American move to, france as they offered free education.. I been to Canada frankly speaking it is worst than you think.. Economy is worst even with Masters in CS. I suffered a lot finding a decent job. I know many with similar experience.
    I did Masters 2 In france even without intermediate level of french still i was able to get a job in Paris and of course you may not earn a lot like in USA but health care and Education id totally free. Getting a Talent Visa and PR is easy. The best part is open to move anywhere in Europe. I'm planning to move to Finland after some years. The best part about france is through the education and till you match the basic salary the government helps there's they return 40% of housing rent money.. Of course Health care is completely free. Honestly this french system helps me a lot i will be thankful..
    • Anonymous

I’m gonna suffer here trying to find a job in America especially in my state. But I’m still doing research. I know it may not be the best but it’s better than here.

• Anonymous
    Buh bye
    • Anonymous

Thanks🥰

• Anonymous
    I wish ı could live in the USA
    • Anonymous

Girl no you don’t. Racist ass country.

• You can. Just after the Pandemic

• Anonymous

Really? Everything looks good from a distance

• Anonymous
    Thank you for the laughs. I needed a good chuckle with my coffee this morning. Everything is so serious lately so a little comedy is a welcome change.

Enjoy Canada. lmao
    • Anonymous

I will. Thank you love!