Should Father's Day be banned because it's disrespectful to single mothers and same sex couples?

This tweet became famous asking to ban Father's Day. I'm feminist but I'm against ban.
What's your opinion about it? also are you a single mom / have you seen any single mom who got offended because of it? Should Father's Day be banned because it's disrespectful to single mothers and same sex couples??

• Father's Day should be banned
    Vote A
  • Father's Day as well as Mother's Day should be banned
    Vote B
  • Mother's Day should be banned
    Vote C
  • We should celebrate all of them!
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Thanks everyone for answering! I need to select MHO and I'm confused about it... Can you vote for it?
Conditions :1) You can only vote for two opinions, a guy and a girl
2) You can send me private message if you wish to hide your identity.
3) You can not vote for yourself.
4) You can vote only if you've shared a opinion about topic.
5) Just mention @username to vote
Two opinions with highest votes will receive MHO. thanks for your help :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Father's Day is actually a respectful commemoration of the efforts done by father figures. We have lots of father figures around the globe and I think the people who find it unbelievably offensive need to respect people who choose to commemorate it at the very least.

The person who tweeted is the one being disrespectful. The hashtags she included are irrelevant. How will banning Father's Day stop patriarchy? That's quite a convoluted mindset she has there.

I haven't seen a single mom offended by Father's Day because they'd already be recognized on Mother's Day which is celebrated a month before Father's Day. That's literally ladies going first.

5|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• That's just B. S. and I'm not one who likes celebrating anything.
    She even ignores a technical aspect of her silly tweet, don't gay dads qualify as same-sex parents?
    What's she going to say next?
    Ban Mother's Day because it's offensive to single dads? Or Same sex (male) dads?
    Ban Children's Day because it's offensive to the Childless, CFBC, etc?

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• Lmao no. If we celebrate moms then we can celebrate dads. Damn feminist extremists act like they're the only people who parent children. Shit. If you get offended by this stuff get off the internet and take up knitting - never leave the house.

5|1
    0|0
  • Single mothers get Mother's day just like every other vagina-bearing human who has produced a child.

Lesbians get to share Mother's Day.

BANNING FATHER'S DAY IS OFFENSIVE TO GAY COUPLES!

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL NEIL PATRICK HARRIS THAT HE DOESN'T GET A SPECIAL DAY? REALLY?

lol

6|4
    0|0
  • Okay so I was curious if the tweet was real and yeah it is but this person has 200 followers and is obviously a troll when you look through their posts. Why the fuck are we wasting time getting offended over shitty trolling?

0|3
    3|3
    • nobody is getting offended nor I'm supporting this tweet. what I've posted is the question came in my mind and that tweet is kinda trigger.

• Ummm yeah you are and so are most of the commenters

• So feminist want to take the one day that's dedicated to men/fathers but if men said ban mothers day they be screaming sexist males! Just a bunch of self centered little girls.. they don't get to be called women.

1|3
    0|0
  • If that was the case then Mother's Day would have to go too... and it's never going to be banned so this will go no where.

4|1
    0|0
  • It's not fair to the single dads. Same sex couples obviously can't choose their sexuality but they can also celebrate the day. It may not take two people to raise a child but two females, two males and a heterosexual couple can all raise a child/children. Mother's Day and Father's Day are days to celebrate and thank our parents for helping us grow and supporting us. It doesn't matter what sort of relationship your parents are in, whether it be straight or gay couples, they're still there to help and support you. These days might be given a descriptive name but that doesn't mean that's the way people need to celebrate them

2|3
    0|0
    • Then shouldn't we create 'Parent's Day' ? thoughts?

• Personally I believe that would be a great idea. I think it's best to celebrate both our parents because some people don't have both parents or have gay parents. It's not fair that the world has only 2 days reserved for a heterosexual couple

• In that case, mother's day should be banned because it's disrespectful to single fathers. The holiday literally has no stipulations on it. If you're a father, you celebrate it. Nobody ever said gay fathers couldn't celebrate. I mean, come on.

Dumb feminists always trying to stir the pot.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm in favour of banning the ovaries of dumb bitxhes like the tweeter above. Her logic is stupid, what if its two gay men with a kid? Isn't father's day for them as well?

2|3
    0|0
  • What next mothers day for the same reason or how about Christmas because it offends non Christians or maybe tear down all churches because they offend atheists or how about we burn all politically correct literature?

1|1
    0|0
  • If we are gonna ban one we should ban both. At least I won't have to worry about what to get them as gifts each year

3|2
    1|0
  • It shouldn't be banned. Those people who said it are just very stupid.
    Tell them : "Should mother's Day be banned because it's disrespectful to single fathers and same sex couples?"
    They will surely insult you.

1|1
    0|0
    • I think that some will agree with you. Birthing children is just biology and isn't something to celebrate. A colleague of mine actually believes that's true. She doesn't celebrate her own birthday either.

• Show All
    • Yes, agreed. People who don't want to celebrate don't have to. I was trying to say that some people would agree that they should be - the stupid autocorrect kept fixing my post for me.

• @LindsayRB91rds That's totally true, if this disturbing them, they just shouldn't celebrate it.

• There's nothing disrespectful about father's day. We celebrate mother's day too. Same sex couples can celebrate however they want. I don't see a problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • Omg this tweet is the single stupidest thing I've ever read.

1|1
    0|0
  • disrespectful is to ban fathers day... I'm ashamed of that girl that even think something like that...

0|2
    0|0
  • Political correctness gone wild!!! Why should all the amazing dads out there not recieve recognotion from their families because of the few deadbeat dads that dropped the ball? Since when is thanks and appreciation to people who deserve it, offensive? Single mums obviously don't have to celebrate fathers day so I can't see why it would bother them. My sister is a single mum and has no problem with it. Any women who don't want to celebrate fathers day (I have never met one) are probably blaming all men for what their exes did, hardly a femenist cause. It's a bit unfair to put that onto the whole of society.

2|1
    0|0
  • This is stupid.

3|1
    0|0
    • @Lopezz1999
      @Cccgala

The boys one was hard to choose because none of them said anything nice. The girls one was hard to choose because everyone said such good stuff I couldn't tell which one is the best.

• if you ban one then they all need to be banned

0|2
    0|0
  • people are crazy...

2|1
    0|0
  • They should all be celebrated. Parenting is hard.

0|1
    0|0
  • She's so pitiful omg.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't wanna live anymore

0|2
    0|0
    • I wanna marry your toaster, just for that answer. i'll give you a cow and my best steed in exchange.

• Wtf this is so stupid. Feminism at its finest.

0|1
    0|0
  • No that is just plain idiotic.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 30

• i don't see how a day to honor the hard work of father's is disrespectful to anyone.

single mother's have mothers day
    same sex parents can celebrate mother and father's day

1|0
    0|0
  • She is a complete abomination. If Father's Day is being cancelled, so should Mother's Day. I mean, it's only disrespectful to single fathers or same sex couples. Both days should always be celebrated instead..

1|1
    0|0
  • Single mothers are a grave threat to their children. Children who are raised under single mothers are more likely to be criminals. Yet, I digress. This comment is not surprising and adds to the evidence that society does not appreciate men. "Men must continue to sacrifice with no credit or reward."

0|1
    1|0
  • I think at this point the only thing that should be banned is twitter so retards like this don't have a platform to spread this stupidity.

1|3
    0|0
  • Remember the scene in Despicable Me 2 where Agnes is upset that she has to recite the Mother's Day poem even though she doesn't have a mom? We should ban Mother's Day too to avoid that kind of hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • lol feminist are just fun police let's be honest.
    they dont want anything around that doesn't help them feel superior to others

0|1
    0|0
  • Birthdays, mother's day, father's day, Christmas day, wedding anniversary, just a ploy by Hallmark to sucker you into buying over priced bits of cardboard.

0|1
    0|0
  • wow. good to see the left has not completely poisoned the well. specially since this site feels a bit left

0|1
    0|0
  • That tweet is a perfect example of just how bat shit crazy the SJWs have become.

0|1
    0|0
  • Father's day should be banned because it's just another scam by the Hallmark company.

0|1
    0|0
  • Is this what we have come to as a society? What about the single fathers? Absurd.

0|1
    0|0
  • How is it disrespectful to celebrate something so non-offensive?

0|1
    0|0
  • female solipsism. single mothers and homosexual parents is not relevant. people need fathers but are sure going to attack fathers.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they still have mothers day so let father's day stay

0|1
    0|0
  • Ms. Herzog apparently isn't aware of how Fathers Day came about. Sonora Smart Dodd was the driving force behind it to honor her widowed father that picked up the burden of raising his 6 children after their mother passed away. It was slow going, a complement to May's Mother's Day, and many fought to combine the holidays into one parent's day.

Single parents have always been around. Many widows raised children after their husbands were killed. Young men would die in a myriad of ways: war, work accidents, crime. Women, however, had one other obstacle: surviving childbirth. Death rates in childbirth have dropped dramatically since the 1900s, but now women are prone to die in war and workplace accidents. Add into the mix the number of fathers that are now receiving custody of minor children with little, or no, support from the mothers.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe parents day instead?

1|1
    0|0
  • Only if mother's day gets banned as well.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'd hire a girl to punch that bitch in the face.

0|1
    0|0
  • The one thing that should be banned is her ovaries

0|1
    0|0
  • 2017 problems

0|1
    0|0
  • I wish we'd ban them all.

#EndCapitalism

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course not

0|1
    0|0
  • Father's Day should be banned

0|1
    0|0
  • Why dont we just ban feminism instead?

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck same-sex couples.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a feminazi should be illegal. They need to be locked away in a rubber room until they are sane enough to be in society again.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, people need to stop being offended by everything. Wanting Father's Day banned is just as sexiest as if someone wanted to ban Mother's Day!

0|1
    0|0
  • It's because of people like these that Trump destroyed the General election.

0|0
    0|0
  • If anything, the importance of the Father should be EMPHASIZED

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes