Chick-fil-a to close thanks to protests from tolerant LGBT groups. The news, my brothers and sisters, has reached satirical levels.

https://www.BBC.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-50094551

https://www.newsweek.com/chick-fil-first-uk-restaurant-close-cluck-off-lgbt-pride-1466423

In a move that will paradoxically shock and make you groan, Chick-fil-a in Reading, UK's first location, will close. "A spokeswoman for the centre said "the right thing to do" was to not extend the restaurant's lease beyond the "six-month pilot period".

At their core, LGBT groups promote inclusivity and tolerance. Gone are days they had to hide who they were and who they loved. That's a good thing everyone should be free to live as they see best. EVERYONE. Just don't hurt anyone. simple, no?

So it comes as headscratcher to me when the tolerant and inclusive champions are INtolerant of a chain that sells delicious chicken sandwiches. But consider that it isn't the opinion of the chickens they don't like, nor of the legendary employees who chase after cars, change your tires, and take your order with pleasure, but of Dan Cathy.

--Reading Pride said its concerns about Chick-fil-A's position on LGBT+ views included comments made by the company's CEO Dan Cathy in 2012 opposing same-sex marriage.

In an interview with the Biblical Recorder, Cathy said: "We are very much supportive of the family—the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that ... We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families."

Imagine that. A group dedicated to tolerance does not tolerate someone's opinion and enacts its vengeance on people just trying to work and provide a delicious product with a smile. Chick fil a does not influence policy, no one has called for violence against any group, the CEO just has his views on marriage. They donated the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. big deal.

"The chain's ethos and moral stance towards #LGBTQ people goes completely against our values, and that of the UK," Reading Pride tweeted earlier this week."

If I were in the UK, I would tell these people they don't speak for me. What are my values? I like chicken sandwiches. I like the free market. And I don't like the cowards that cave to the demands of a vocal minority (who are probably vegan or vegetarian anyway) They tried it in Canada. What did the people say? "we want more" and so more locations are planned. Gotta speak up and push back against the bigotry and intolerance of Reading Pride.

3
5

Most Helpful Girls

• That Gay Pride shit is all bull shit as you can see by this example. You don't have to go there and eat if you don't tolerate straight family values. Open your own restaurant. The world is going to shit because of this kind of hypocrisy. Do like the straights do, If you don't like the food, service, or the people that go there go the fuck elsewhere and let those that do enjoy the place eat in peace instead of whining like a bunch of little bitches. If straights did this to the gays they would be in an uproar. LGBT are acting just too entitled for their own good. It's just turning people against their cause.
    Is this still revelant?
    • JenSCDC

And, of course, "straight family values" being a code phrase for bigotry. Silly me for thinking that love was a family value.

• Y3llow
    I myself am bisexual and completely support the LGBT+ community. However, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't support the LGBT + community, you are more than entitled to your opinions and beliefs. It dissapoints me and makes me feel ashamed when other members of the LGBT+ community, who preach so much about love, acceptance, and respecting other people's opinions simply aren't willing to respect and accept that other people have their own opinions as well.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Yeah, they want acceptance but don't accept any other sexual orientation.

• Y3llow

Exactly. You can't preach love and acceptance towards yourself and then turn around and not give the same to people who share different opinions and beliefs.

• JenSCDC

It disappoints me and makes me feel ashamed that MLK wasn't willing to respect and accept that other people have their own opinions as well.

Most Helpful Guys

• Mikal22332
    This really burns my biscuits. This does nothing to advance the cause. Chick fil A gives back to the community and is a tremendous supporter for schools. Taking away from the community only causes irritation and counter productive. Much better ways to communicate and educate the community through corporate sponsorship programs, events, etc. More fly's with honey than salt.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Curmudgeon
    And why did not all the straight Brits go buy the heck out of Chick Fil A? That is what we Americans have done. Even in Demunist Commiecrat infested California, Chick Fil A franchises thrive and the Bolshevik Buttpirates are ignored.
    Is this still revelant?
    • My girlfriend thinks it's because it opened up in a super lefty part of town near a lefty university. Students have nothing better to do so they made a fuss.

• Curmudgeon

@LordSnuggles. That makes sense. In the USA Chick-Fil-A franchises are in the "Burbs" and I can't think of a single one close to a campus.

• I think the more left the campus is the more likely it would be to get protested by kids with nothing better to do. When it's in a shopping center where people live in reality, it thrives. They never close. People love the sandwiches and the nice employees. There are memes about hwo nice they are. Further proof that these nutjobs do not live in this world.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

13
  • HomoFuge
    This has become the norm now in the UK. You can’t really say anything otherwise you can get fined for ‘hate speech.’
  • ADFSDF1996
    The UK is starting to look like it’s being run by the “Ingsoc”.
  • broncobryan
    Oh well, no chiken sammiches for them folks.
  • Anonymous
    The problem is people tolerated gays and queers for too long. And now faggots have special privilege and not being tolerant is a hate crime.