How long do guys wait to text a girl?

Long story short, after talking for a long time I made out with a guy I met recently while at a party at his friend's house. Beforehand when we were talking he was asking me a lot of questions about myself and sounded interested and he came onto me. When we departed, he asked for my number. About how long would a guy wait to text or call a girl, if at all?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 14

• it really depends on the guy, the last guy that asked for my number called about 2wks later...he turned out to be pretty immature.

• I've had text/call right after getting it, later on that night, or the next morning/day...never later than that

• one guy asked for my number before and he texted me as soon at h left he party,

another guy asked for it and texted over a week later,

it really just depends.

• Awwww

Plug in baby!

I LOVE that song! ;)

• Selected as most helpful

I always text within minutes... with something like "You made my night! Ha! Thx ~ Robby"

That way she's not going to forget who I am, cause by the next day I might be a foggy memory.

I think most guys will text within 2 days.

Any guy that purposely waits 3 days is a lost cause. He's either playing games, or he's got better things to do. I'd suggest moving on, asap. I tell my guy friends this exact same thing.

Not every guy is going to be "the one" so why waist time on a guy who's not that into you?

Best of luck!

~ Robby

• Always remember this (guys & girls): If the person wants something to happen, they'll make it happen. Having said that, everything dealing with the opposite sex is a give and take...if he doesn't text you, say for 2-3 days in a row, text him first (I personally hate it when girls play mind games and make you wait). It's all about compromise (unless he's just being an asshole and trying to boost his ego by leading you on---in this case ignore his worthless ass).

• three days is the standard or straightaway with stupid jokes if you got enough rapport to handle it. if you got his number give him a prod - hey I met a really nice guy the other day and he never even called me. wimp! x - and leave it forever. if he don't like you nothings lost and if he's shy hell appologise - game you. if he gets funny tell him - woh I dodged a bullet there! and drop contact.

• Everyone is different I txt that night while I'm still fresh in her memory. Just something casual like had a fun time or your friends are great it was nice meeting you. Then I would call in a day or two to set up a date or invite her to another get together.

• If he is a mature adult, he should call you within two days. If he is playing games, longer. If he is playing games, protect your heart.

Good Luck,

James

• with in two days...100%

• I'd call the next day.

• There is no particular duration in which guy give you a call its all depends upon how much he interested in you and how good your chemistery with him till now...

• it all depends on how your chat went , if a girl likes a guy the girl should ask for his number instead of beating around the bush.

• next few days to a week is usually the norm, 2 weeks is stretching it. Do not call him. He will call if he is interested.

on another note I got a number the other day after dancing with a girl in a club hardly even said a word to her so I don't really have much to go on other than if I decode to go our dancing again and see if she is keen on meeting up...

• umm, sounds like he asked for it as his booty call girl...you made out with him right as you met him, that means every time he calls/texts you he's gonna be looking for action

for me, when I like a girl ask the number and get it, I like what's called the "2 day rule" meaning I get the number, wait a day (24 hours) plus another 12 up till the time that she originally gave it to me, that way, weve both had time to think about if we're actually gonna make the call/text, and or in your case pick up or reply...if you do it too soon, it comes off as being too needy, and you don't even know what his real intentions are, or yours for that matter... but if he does it couple weeks after, you're gonna start to think, well was it just a fluke, is he ever gonna call?

you get what I'm saying, so yeah, I dk if he's thinking the same way as me, but I know that's what id do, if I were him.

• Well you see there is a window that is correct to send it during. If you send it too soon that would make him some desperate or that he will just cling to you. He would not want you to get that idea. If he takes to long though then he is not interested. If you are that worried you can always text him.

• The next time he is bored, and horny, it will quite possibly occur too him to give you a call. That could be minutes from now or a month from now, assuming he did not lose your number.

• If I got a girls number, I would probably Text her the very next day in the morning and "Morning Beautiful"

But that's just me. I assume if a guy is into you a lot, he'll text you the next day.

However for calling, maybe not until he's free so he can ask if you want to go out/hang out.

And that could vary to how long he has till he's free.