What does it mean if a guy sits next to you instead of across from you on a dinner date?

It was a 4 seated table, but I thought on dates you sit across from each other. It was kind of cute how he sat next to me instead, but is there any meaning to that?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Selected as most helpful

that's kinda awkward lol. how did you look at each other when y ou guys talked?

but I think he just wanted to be closer to you and to pay more attention to you

• Most people prefer sitting across from one another so they can look at each other when they talk. But then there are also some people who prefer to sit on the side to feel closer to the person. There's no right or wrong way. It's just a matter of preference.

• I always sit next to the girl on dates, it works obviously because he has you thinking why he did it right?

• In all honesty, it is either one of 2 things

1. Absolutely nothing, a guy always has to seat right in front of you on a date? err never heard of that before.

2. He wants to be closer to you, showing affection.