Do guys like hearing from ex girlfriends?

I feel like this guy is my soul mate, and we didn't work out because we were both young and naive, we were 15 when we first met. Now we are 20, friends, both single, both enjoying college life and have talked on and off through email over the years . We both have dated people after we broke up, we were each others first loves. I have never been able to forget him, the feelings I have for him have never died down, still strong as ever. I understand that if he wanted to talk to me he would call or email, he first gave me his new number and in return he has my whole information; but he is not connecting me. I feel so guilty for losing the best thing I ever had to being young and so very stupid. I just don't want to regret not taking action, but I have so much respect for him that I don't want to annoy or bother him. He deserves to live his life to fullest and be so very happy, and not be badgered by an ex girlfriend who can't stop thinking about him. Life is truly unfair, it is one of those situations where I wish I knew then, what I do now. I love him, no doubts or questions asked.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends..if my ex is gonna be psycho..then no, not ok. Anyhow, you said it yourself, you were young and foolish. Even though you care the world for him I would say myself it's kind of time to move on. You were each others first loves really can't know if he was the one for you with out having been with other people. A lot of people would/will say this is untrue, but logically it's sound. Let him know how you feel, and see what happens. You can't twist his arm for anything and it won't hurt to let him know.

• For the record I'm not a psycho by any means. I might think about wanting to text him to hang out but that is where it ends, just a thought; I'm not saying that is what you were thinking either. I'm not trying to be smart. The regret I feel is killing me, we forgave each other and we're cool. I have dated but am always thinking about him. I'm sick of it! I hate feelings, I don't want to be here. I want this to be over, I feel like the only option is dealing with it. I can't seem to forget him.

• So tell him how you feel. Worst case he could say sorry, it's not going to work or I don't feel the same way. At least then you'll know you have to try harder to move on. You can't live in the past. I know it's a real b**ch, but you just have to get out there, do new things, meet people and go from there. Eventually, you'll be ok.