What was it like being the dumper for the first time?

I'm usually the dumpee but for the first time in my life, I walked away from someone. Even though I know it was the right decision to make, it feels super weird not having them around and I find myself questioning if I could've solved things differently.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't feel good. But you do feel more in control of the situation, which isn't necessarily satisfying but you can keep yourself from getting AS emotional about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Strange. I felt like I made a huge mistake and almost tried to get back with her. Until I heard from a mutual friend that she was planning to break up anyway..

• Great. No issues with pretending to like someone anymore. Also she still liked me so we kept up the sexual part of our relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• shitty. mostly because i felt bad for him. i had no more romantic feelings for him but he cried.. i felt terrible

• I was in a six year relationship three years ago. I was the dumper and I felt like absolute shit for a few months but, I was tired of playing second fiddle and I just wasn't in love with him anymore. Sometimes I still question myself but overall, I have no regrets.