Why ex girlfriend is looking more attractive after breakup?

I mean I have gone through 2 breakups and in both the cases I noticed that when I see my ex gfs they are looking more attractive than before and beautiful too. 😳😶

175

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's more like "revenge" and they want you to realize what you lost

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 16

• A mix of reasons.

They are more attractive to you now that you no longer have them. We want what we can't have and sometimes we take what we have for granted. They also might have made more of an effort to look better because it does help us feel better when we look better and when do we need to feel better, after a breakup.

• Many girls, after a breakup, will go on a self-improvement spree. Change their hair, start working out, etc. It may be a revenge thing or it may just be an inspiration thing.

After I left my boyfriend of 2 years last summer, I dyed my hair blonde (it was always brown), started exercising and lost a bunch of weight. I just wanted to improve myself; it wasn't done to hurt him. Although I did enjoy the freedom of changing my hair lol - he never liked me to.

• When a relationship ends, it just gives you a lot of time to put your effort and focus elsewhere. We obviously feel hurt and sad about the situation, but it helps to take care of yourself. I feel really good after I spend a day pampering myself, I feel good after I exercise, I feel good when I eat healthy, I feel good when I put more time into getting ready in the mornings, and I feel good after I spend time in nature. Some girls might do these things with the goal of being hotter to make their exes want them back or at least regret their decision to end the relationship, but for me, I just wanted to do things that made me feel less shitty. The things I did to make myself feel better inadvertently resulted in me getting better skin, nicer hair, better makeup, and even losing weight.

• Sometimes after you break up with someone, it can be a positive time to focus on nurturing yourself. If you were too focussed on that other person, now you can be selfish for a change and improve yourself and your life in ways you were too distracted to before. I had an ex reappear and try to get back with me only to discover how much better off I was doing without him.

• It's because they will not let a break-up make them miserable.
    Those are strong girls and positive girls who understand that there is no need to be dramatic about a break-up and look terrible. They simply move on and keep looking gorgeous because the moment they became single there is a chance for her to find a new boyfriend and the guys that are crushing on her are not allowed to see her looking terrible... Always at her best, keeping herself busy with the new trends and etc.

• Ironically so I had a fr that said the same about guys. In reality I think it's just our brain messing with us&reminding us why we were with them in the first place. I for one tho don't have such a problem. Like the guys either look worse or the same as I left. So I'm happy I don't have your experience.

• It's how you kinda get back at your ex, make them miss what they lost. Also, they gotta pull in a new mate and get their self esteem back. It's funny how that happens, huh?

• because you can t have her. forbidden fruit.

• It's your brain saying you miss her. So, it makes you think she is cuter. To crawl back. It's just a delusion. She probably looks the same before you broke up.

• First of all, after you guys broke up, she probably thought that A) she wanted you to want her back in one of those steps is making you more attracted to you, or B) she realized that she had let her looks go during your relationship and started thinking about that that may have been one of the reasons you dumped her. That's why.
    That's just girl logic, now you know :)

• that's cuz you can't have her anymore

• Ahhh the beautiful revenge

• You're seeing them from a different point of view.

• After a relationship ends, girls will get a makeover or do something different that makes us feel good about ourselves.

• Sometimes girls will "dress to impress" after a break up to either try and "show what he's missing out on" or to impress another guy.

• Because when we are in a relationship we sometimes forget to keep ourselves maintained. After a breakup we want to make ourselves better than ever.

What Guys Said 5

• After a while a relationship can feel old and you get so comfortable that you can stop trying to make yourself look good. You get too used to each other. This might not be the reason why you broke up but it does happen in many relationships.

Then when the relationship is over, people go back out and whether or not they want a relationship again, one needs to boost their confidence again and so they start taking better care of their physical self. This can lead to an ex looking like they used to when you first met or better.

Either that or it's your brain just messing with you after the break up and making you feel bad about something you no longer have.

• It's just one of those things that takes time to sort out. Eventually you'll get past it and realize that them looking better does not magically fix the problems that made you break up in the first place. Both guys and girls do it... And even girls can feel this way when they see their ex having a good time and being out there again. It seems like they're already over you and can feel like a bad thing when it seems like you didn't have that much of an impact on them.

But then again, you did have an impact on them and that's why they're out there trying to look better than before. It's complicated and often just best to try and move on as best you can, otherwise you end up stuck in the relationship again (or a similar one) going nowhere fast.

• u dont realize what you have until its gone 😢

• well then, its time for you to step your game up bro...

• Decided to up their game.

• They were both probably just trying to make you jealous by dressing up better, or decorating themselves in some way (make up and stuff like that).