He had his heart broken by his ex...how do I reassure him?

I have been seeing this guy for almost a month now. He won't let me pay for anything and we have a lot of fun whenever we hang out. We have had sex.and it was amazing, I know he feels the same way because he told me. He's also told me that he likes me and he tells me that I'm beautiful and really sweet things all the time. He is making all sorts of plans for us, like to go snowboarding this winter and things like that. We are also oth single parents of little girls that are 3 months apart and he said that they're going to be best friends. The problem is that we talked about what was going on between us and he said that he doesn't want a relationship because his ex broke his heart and he is scared of having if broken again and he does his best not to have it happen again because he is really sensitive and break ups don't go very well for him. He also said that you never know what could happen when we were talking about the relationship. What should/can I do to show him that I don't plan on hurting him, and make him feel more comfortable about turning this into a relationship.?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would suggest patience. My brother was in a similar situation. His new wife (they just got married on the 8th) and him have lived together for about a year or two. He didn't want another marriage because he had already gone through 2. He has a daughter, and his wife has 2 sons, all 3 are pretty close in age and they get along like brothers and sister. Everyone in the family could see that she was the one for my brother. He finally came to and realised that himself. I'm sure this guy would do the same if you're willing to stick by his side and show him that he has nothing to fear of you breaking his heart.