Why does my ex still talk to me as if we were still together?

My girlfriend recently broke up with me with really not all that much reason. I never did anything to harm or hurt her, but she thought I was suffering in the realationship which is completely wrong. I still tell her that I was always happy with her and I love her. I feel a lot of pain. A few days after she will talk to me or text me. She always is by my side even with out being in a realationship. I was just wondering if I should ask her If she would ever want to go to a movie with me again or something. I don't know if she still loves me because when I say I miss you she says yeah I kinda miss you. I don't know if she's just saying that because she broke up with me? That makes me feel terrible, I mean kinda misses me? Should I cut all contact from her? Please anyone answer this.

Most Helpful Girl

• shes full of sh*t. you don't break up with people who want to be with you because you think you are hurting them. if she cared shed talk to you about it -not leave. she's disrespecting you by saying you're suffering no doubt you can think for yourself. she's just being a coward. she can't women up and be straight. I wouldn't go back to her but its your choice. I just hate that argument its so disrespectful to the person its being thrown at.

What Girls Said 12

• She is definitely harboring same sex tendancies.

• ITS TIME TO CUT THE UMBILICAL CORD! She was being completely selfish. Why would SHE break up with you if YOU were suffering? Think about it, it doesn't make sense. She probably just wants a boyfriend no matter who it is. Let her go, ignore her texts and calls and avoid her or talk in one word responses if she talks to you. She'll hopefully take the hint because she's not someone you need, AT ALL. You need to get over her, plain and simple.

• just politely tell her that she should move on.

• well, I think you should ask her to a movie sometime, and play it by ear off her answer. if yes, that's a great sign. if no, just be like okay just wondering cause I wanna go and you were first in my mind to go with. hope all works out :D good luck :)

~mallory~

• dude! she probably has someone else...or just isn't feeling you like that,...anymore...u probably aren't like hardcore enough or something is bothering her...mayb you guys just need a break 4 a while, search 4 sum1 new.

More from Girls
7

What Guys Said 8

• She still has deep sentimental feelings for you. You should not cut contact from her. Trust me because I have done that before and I regret it profoundly. Good luck.

• ask her to a movie bro I would if I was you and let her knmow how you feel about her I'm in the same boat I still like my ex too man but she has a boyfriend that she hasn't even met before so I know I don't have competition with him but I don't know what I'm gonna do either

• I would say that she was suffering not you. I think she loves you and always will, but wasn't fulfilled by what she had with you. I think she will be there for you if you really need her, at least for a while. I also think the longer you try to stay close to her the harder it will be for both of you. I would figure you are going to be on your own for a while until you heal enough to decide whether you want someone else.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear. Other guys have been through this and survived. You can too.

• i am currently in same situation, but my ex-gf doesn't want me waiting for her, when I will wait because I love her a lot. Ask her to movies if you want to. wait a few days after the break up. I didn't get much from my ex right after the break but a few days later she's calling me just to say HI and tells me she misses me. I know she cares a lot and wants to be together but she feeling like she holding me back. time will help I know its hard, and most of all she knows you like her just take it slow and she will come back and start to talk and text more then you can set the movie date.

• id find out why she really broke up with you first, that excuse of hers" yu were suffering" is lame.

if I were yu id ask real questions and if they werent answered, break contact

More from Guys
3