Why I Think The Statement "I Don't Date A Certain Race" Is Actually Quite Racist, And Why I Think Women Are More Racist Than Men In Dating

I've noticed many people saying this, mostly on the internet but enough times I've heard it in real life as well to realize its nothing uncommon to feel this way about dating and racial preferences.

Now some of you think it is just that: "preferences" And yes I can totally understand that you like certain physical features and characterstics more and thus prefer some races more over others, in addition to the cultural differences. However if you outright exclude a whole race in dating, then that probably means you have some racist stereotypes associated with that race and it is not just about physical appearance. And racist sterotypes are heavily influenced by the media, movies and television.

I very much doubt that it can only be because of physical features since there is so much variation within every race as to how they can look, and most likely you haven't seen that many people of a certain minority to know how they all look like.

I dont know about you but if you have prejudiced thoughts about certain races, thoughts and assumptions that make them less attractive to you, then thats pretty much the same as being racist towards them regardless how you might want to reason out of it.

You are allowed to date anyone you want, but if the underlying reason why you refuse to date some races is about prejudice, then you might as well be honest with yourself and admit you are a bit racist.

Now i mostly see women of various races and ethnicites saying they dont date x or y race. I occassionally see some white guys do the same thing usually expressing a preference towards only white women or excluding black women, but rarely do any minority men have any strong preferences like this, mainly because men are not as influenced by media as women, and dont care about status, we are visual so when we see a physically attractive women we know it, regardless if the media tries to tell us something else is ideal.

In my experience, men are more racist towards men of other races, than women are racist towards women of other races (probably because of competition, and women dont have to compete as much as men since there are more men than women and women usually always have many guys chasing them).

But women are more racist towards men of other races, than men are racist towards women of other races. Quite simple since this means more options for men to go after all types of women, while women already have lots of options and are very hypergamous, so they will discriminate based on percieved status which is influenced a lot by a mans race. So the social conditioning in the west making white people seem like the ideal, heavily affects the desireability of minority men, lowering their value in the eyes of many women and this is what often leads to statements like the one in the title.

This is probably not something you haven't heard before, but i would like to see if some people here have an argument against what i have written that i haven't seen before (so far i haven't seen any argument that can refute what i have written here, but i am open to seeing other opinions)

2238

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually have found men to be more racist when it comes to dating. If you look on G@G especially, there is a plethora of males who worship dating white women. They complain about white women not dating them, that laws should be passed to force them to, or they ask why white women specifically don't want to date a certain race.

For me, you're attracted to what you're attracted to, not being attracted to someone isn't racist, especially if your culture dominates the area you live in. I think it's racist if you don't date someone because you have a disdain for them based on their race or because you have made unfair assumptions about them based on their culture.

• There are many men here wondering if white women are interested in dating them, usually because white women tend to be the most selective and as has been said, portrayed as the ideal in the west. However that doesn't make those men racist, since they are only showing an interest in another race, its not like they say they dont want to date their own women, which would be racist. So yeah as a whole women are more racist than men when it comes to dating, because they are more likely to exclude races. And as mentioned the reasons for this is rarely only physical attractiveness. On an individual basis yes it could be completely physical, but as mentioned there is so much variety in the phenotypes of every race that i doubt people who exlude certain races have seen enough to claim they are all unattractive. Thats where the racism and prejudice comes into play.

• The thirst for white women by some of these nonwhite men is some pathetic ass shit. :-D

Most Helpful Guy

• It's funny that the vast majority of people who complain about the "racism" in picking what races you will date seem to mainly be the losers who hate dating their own race and wish they could date inter racially easier.

And I would ask anyone with common sense who agrees with the poster--when you are dating, you are literally searching for a mate, which leads to sex, which often leads to offspring. How on earth is it wrong if a person specifically does not want to have sex with a certain race?

Are you saying you have the moral right to tell people they cannot choose who they date? Who died and made you the emperor that we need to assassinate to secure freedom?

• And to be clear for any people, when you are mate shopping, you are literally picking half of your offsprings genes. A white guy or white girl (and THAT is what this topic is about, how whites should date out more) has every right to choose their mate based on their own criteria. I have the right to discriminate based on race. And height. And IQ. And character. And livelihood.

People like this poster are basically griping that white men and white women have a duty to mate with other races. That's literally what it comes down too-have you ever seen a white girl complain she can't get a date with a black guy, or indian guy, for instance? No.

• You missed the point completely about this take. It was not to pursuade anyone to change their preference because obviously a simple text written by an anonymous user on the internet is not going to affect someones preferences, only real life experience and media representation is going to be able to change someones preferences and sometimes even that won't work for some people. I clearly mentioned that it is okey to prefer some physical features over others, and if you desperately want a "pure" race child then i dont have an issue with it. I have an issue with people trying to convince themselves that they aren't racist if they claim to find an entire race/ethnicity as unattractive, which if you could actually read properly you would have noticed. And once again this is not about white people, as i mentioned, women of all races tend to be more likely to avoid certain races, but less likely to exclude white men, and for obvious reasons, the western media.

• what is your skin color

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 21

• I agree, those people that hide behind the words "I have a preference" are covert racists.
    They just try to paint an acceptable picture for society so they don't seem that way, but in reality they are.
    When you find someone unattractive solely due to their phenotype , then that is racist. Usually those thoughts are followed with feeling as if there are better races than the one you choose not to date (a feeling of superiority).

• white people are majority in the west, it's only reasonable that they dominate the ideals. other places don't romanticize Europeans as much, this video seems bias considering it's obviously a western dating site.

• Yes im aware of that, but this take was specifically about the underlying reasons why many decide to avoid certain races when dating, and how the reasons are likely to be racist even if people try to justify it as something else. For example, even in the west, minority men as a whole are very unlikely to exclude any race of women, since mens preferences aren't as influenced by the media because we are more visual, so when we see someone that looks good, stereotypes and percieved status of race is not going to affect us like it does to women.

• You do look mixed. Uh no.. that's someone else who said it.

• @bubble_tea oops and lol u crazy, i'm like the most full Somali person you'll find

• the thing is that most, not all but most, people who have a preference, are actually not completely closed off to other races, but would prefer one.

as u said, anyone who is completely closed off to a particular race is just downright racist, there's no doubt about that.
    As long as u keep an open heart and an open mind, everything is fine.

• But if persons from a particular race don't have features (physical ) that you are attracted to? Does that mean you are racist?

• @BangBadBxtches look alike lol

• @ted22 What?

• You assume that anyone who does not prefer a group with certain similar physical features is a racist, which is a person who believes in the superiority of one race over others and discriminates and abuses people based on that belief.

That isn't reasoning, that is called nonsense.

-People are not attracted to groups of people. People are attracted to individuals.

-we don't prefer a mate based on race we prefer based on beauty, our expectations of femininity and masculinity, and compatibility/attachment/similarity.

assuming that if we don't like this certain group we are racist is nonsense. we aren't attracted to groups, and the reason any of us doesn't prefer a group is only because the individual that we prefer happens to be in another group, when in that same group there are millions we don't prefer. We are not preferring a group we are preferring an individual.

The reason we may prefer more individuals of 'group x' than of 'group y' is for our personal beauty expectations, expectations of feminine and masculine traits, and compatibility and similarities that are related to our personalities and cultures.

• That is racist, but I would expect no less from a person with Hitler in their username.

• No, what you wrote is nonsense, you where to stupid to read what i wrote. Im referring to people who claim they dont find a certain race attractive and that they would never that a person from that race. If you make a statement like that, then you are not seeing people as individuals, because you are already writing off every individual from that race.

Hope you learned something.

• I really love your article! You wrote it very well! I have sadly done this myself before and I did realize it was wrong.. but the truth is I think I will date anyone as long as I love their personality :) their race should not matter. I think we can find people attractive from any type of race. Yes, I'm not going to lie some people do have a type.. some woman when they see a caucasian male, blonde hair, and rock hard abs are going to look his way no matter what lol... thats just the plain and honest truth.. but people do miss out when they exclude people they'd otherwise date just because they are of a different race or not a race they are used to... It's like when people judge other people for other reasons that aren't valid.. people can miss out :) on something they could learn or experience

• Based on the video the results it seems to vary and the men are just as picky as women when it comes to race. White women and black women in particular were the least two sought after groups despite the fact that black women were the LEAST pickiest group. There seems to be a connection between which group is most sought after and how picky the group is like with Asian women and with the exception of white women (dang we suck). I think it is wrong to say you only date certain race but it is not racism rather prejudice and attractiveness that mostly influences this. Prejudice may influence what race people find attractive especial if they are looking for a long term partner. However, I don't think people can change who they find sexually attractive. It is also very prejudice to say women are racist than men especially considering that it contradicts the data. It is especially hypocritical considering the fact that black women were the least prejudice than any other group.

• well it is racist to be technical. its just that becuz this affects the individual finding attraction the most out of anyone, its individual impact isn't as significant. no one can force an individual how to prefer u know? environment and experience can broaden tastes tho. on a grand scale, it can certainly impact people tho, especially the people who are less preferred for their race. tbh tho, i think this is to be expected as we shift from a blatantly racist history to a multicultural nation.

i do agree its mostly women and white men who say this. I've noticed the trend too. minority men do it too tho, mainly just for white women. it manifests in strange ways sometimes tho. example, whenever there are questions about nipple color... majority of the men will prefer pink nipples. well its usually only white women who have that.

my preference in dating has nothing to do with physical features or racial features cuz i find them all attractive but more about cultural compatibility. if a person of a different race was into my culture, he's the same to me as men from my own culture kinda thing. would u consider that racist out of curiosity?

• I think its just normal for people to be more comfortable with what they have grown up around. For instance I didn't grow up around black people, but our next door neighbors were Indian. I saw some very handsome, accomplished Indian men at their house. Consequently I like Indian guys.

The main reason that I don't date outside of my race is that I'm well aware of the difficulties cultural issues can cause. It's not just how someone looks, it's their family, the kind of food that they eat, their activities, their expectations of you to act a certain way, etc. that can really cause conflict.

It's true that love can conquer all, but it has to be a very strong love between two people who have similar personalities. When your emotional bond is really strong then you can face these other issues together, even bitterly disapproving parents.

Most of the time, however, couples don't get to that point because the cultural issues get in the way first. Or, one person will go along for the sake of the other and end up resenting it because their identity has basically been stripped away.

I think if they are both removed from their own cultures, like school, where everyone is on a common ground, it's easier. If I'm on a dating site, I most likely won't contact a guy who is Asian or black or even Indian, because we're already starting out in different contexts.

• having a racial preference is not excluding. and hardly anyone who has a racial preference excludes.
    I've only ever daten white guys.
    would i date a black dude or hispnic dude? sure
    but im more into white guys

• I also disagree that physically race means nothing. In most cases in my opinion people of one race look quite similar.

Also I date not my race because I think its more racist to date inside your race than way out of it.

• @BangBadBxtches
      Well that's a matter of opinion. Ain't it.
      Not everyone sees the same way.
      And some people do look extremely similar

• I already know that. I specifically mentioned people who claim that they will not date a person of a certain race. Because there are many people out there who do exclude groups and make such statements. Nowhere did i say that having a racial preference is bad or anywhere near the same thing as excluding a race.

• I like what I like. I am open to whoever or whatever. But thats me! hahah!

• I've dated white, Asian and black men. WOOP!

• Congrats, now you're a good person

Oh wait, that's nothing to be proud of. That's like saying "I always put the milk away. WOOP" lol

• That's mine and MAX's point, you have no reason to validate yourself because the author and subsequent mouth breathers want to broad brush and call people racist when they really have no clue to what they are talking about much less even understand the concept.

• In that case we need a breeding program

• I would date someone of another race if they were really nice and they asked me out. I wouldn't pursue someone, however, because I would feel like they would not want me. If that makes sense.

• I only date white men... I am not racist, just my preference.

• I'm half white but I won't really date white guys. I'm not racist to half of myself, I'm not racist to what is one of my parents race. I love both sides of me, i just don't find some skin tones attractive. I need to be attracted to date, and white skin doesn't do that for me, it's a bit of a turn off... Unless they're extremely tan or something, but even then, not so much. I'm not racist, just not attracted.

• I absolutely love it when people make sweeping statements about an entire race or gender of people (this take) and then go on to accuse others of racism or sexism, or anything else.

In order for someone to be racist, they have to act, say or do something that indicates that to be true. If someone says, "I've only ever dated white women,"... that is hardly racism. That's a true statement for them, if its true, and nothing more. I mean how the hell can that person be a racist if say they live in someplace like Montana which has something like a 98% white population? Are they racist because they've never seen or dated a minority? They probably have only ever dated white women because that's all they grew up and was available for them too date. Or what about a black guy in Africa... is he racist for never dating a white woman if he's only surrounded by other black people. But yeah, they are sooo racist for only dating their own race. If someone doesn't want to date me because of my skin color, so what? What am I going to do, force them to try and like me? Now I would have a problem if this person was saying racial slurs, or calling me inferior, but you date whomever the hell you want, same race, different race, whatever, and I'll date whomever I want.

• jesus some of these replies are so incredibly stupid, to begin with, i never said someone is racist if they have only dated on race, i said that people who outright claim they dont want to date a certain race are racists. learn to read. And i said nothing about forcing anybody to do anything, you are allowed to have racists thoughts as long as it doesn't hurt someone physically, many people on this mytake are just getting butthurt of being called a racist, im not even trying to shame anyone, if you only want to date a certain race then go ahead, but the reality is that its likely to be some racist motivations behind this.

• It's clear you are not getting it, because what is your solution to someone who doesn't want to date out of their race if you truly believe you can date anyone you want. Nothing, absolutely nothing. You can't do crap to force someone to like someone else, regardless of their race, so complaining and calling people racists, for not dating someone that you feel they should want to date is the most pointless argument in life. I mean, literally, what is the difference between someone who has only dated white people for example, but says they they don't care about race, and someone who says, they'll only date white women. Neither is going outside the box, but what does it ultimately matter. If you want to focus on the racists of the world, focus on the people doing racist things, spitting out harmful racist slurs, preventing certain groups from housing or jobs.

• nope, its clear that you are the one who is not getting it. I never claimed to have a solution, i never said that people should change, if you where actually capable of reading, you would have noticed that i said people are free to do whatever they like, this mytake was specifically to point out that people who say things like that they would never date a certain race, most likely are being racist but try to justify it as something else because they cannot admit being racist since the word has such a negative connotation. people are not able to handle criticism simply and im pointing it out. It not illegal to have racist thoughts so go ahead, but dont think you are fooling anybody who is at least moderately intelligent (although unfortunately a good ammount of the people in this comment section seem to be below average intelligence)
      its not pointless, its a very relevant topic to modern dating.

• I'm open minded when it comes to my taste in men. I've dated black, latina and white men. I do prefer white men but that isn't because I'm racist. It's just I'm more attracted to white men then other races.

• I've dated black men before and those experiences keep me from doing so anymore. I've dated a couple hood types who lived up to the stereotype exactly and also educated, wealthier black men. The thing about the latter is that they are still heavily influenced by black media and, regardless of the fact they grew up well off, still act out hood stereotypes especially when with friends. It's just too much for me. "Nigga" gets old fast.

• And for the record my preference has nothing to do with physical features, I find many black men attractive, it is their collective attitudes that turn me off.

• @BangBadBxtches I said DATED as in past tense as in not any more. I assumed it was the hood upbringing that made them act the way they did until I tried dating black men from "good" families. Still the same attitude. Still a turnoff.

• I think most people who say that just haven't traveled or googled around much and base their opinions on the small to non-existent group of minorities in their cities or news reports if they even watch the news.

> In my experience, men are more racist towards men of other races, than women are racist towards women of other races (probably because of competition, and women dont have to compete as much as men since there are more men than women and women usually always have many guys chasing them).

In my experience, women are more competitive than men in the dating world. There are only so many boyfriend/husband material men in the city who are the same age or older (let's face reality, most men prefer younger women). Men tell themselves there is always a new batch of barely legal women next year to select from.
    If we all are as hypergamous as you say, race wouldn't matter to us, but his bank account and how many degrees he's collected.

• Women are less competitive than men when it comes to dating simply because vast majority of women will have plenty more dating options compared to vast majority of men.

And hypergamy is real and race does factor into it as well. Because races are viewed as having different value (socioeconomic value) due to stereotypes and the fact that white people have privileges due to colonization. Media representation paints some races as inferior in value and less attractive. But regardless of race you can in fact compensate that with having lots of money and fame, education etc, which is why you see so many ugly guys regardless of race having trophy wifes that are usually white.

• I agree and disagree , you see more women dating outside their ethnicity than you do men. Especially white women who are known to date outside, marry and have children with non white men specifically black men. hence the amount of biracial children we have today. Men however minus black men don't really racecourse there ethnicity. Hispanic men generally date Hispanic women due to cultural reasons, it can't be race because Hispanic isn't a racial group.

• This is wrong, men are actually more likely to be open to date other races. It is far more common for white men to date Asian women compared to white women dating black men for example, in places where all of these racial groups co-inhabit in large numbers.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 37

• It's funny how you try to make other races besides white men all innocent... That's such bullshit.
    Nonwhite men are the biggest racial fetishist out there, They disrespect and step on their own women all the time. And like you are doing here, They try to brainwash and manipulate white women. It's pathetic lol

• The funny thing is, you supposedly read the whole take and only decided to comment on that small part where i mentioned i had noticed mainly white men excluding minority women. Its just anecdotal, and you also failed yet again to realize that this was not about white people, all kinds of women are affected by this brainwashing of the media. You must be quite dense to miss the overall point of the take and only focus on that little tidbit, like i hit a nerve or something.

• I can't speak for other races, But it is not a violation of your civil rights if a woman from another race would rather date her own race.
      It's an affront to nature itself to suggest people shouldn't date their own.

• racist: noun
    1. a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

i1. kym-cdn. com/.../19789999. jpg

I am not sure what you mean by all this racist nonsense and clearly you do not understand the meaning of the word. The word you should have used is bigot. You are also making sweeping generalizations in a lame attempt to belittle others opinions.

Take me, I don't find black women or Asians attractive. Not my thing. Are there exceptions to that rule, sure. I have dated a Thai girl and an Eritrean (hottest women in the world). So if you took the time to go beyond the surface you would realize that really what I am saying is that I have a specific criteria I find attractive. Sometimes it is facial features, sometimes it is a cultural thing.

I simply won't date a Chinese woman. I don't find there features attractive. It's just me. There is probably (I doubt it =) ) a black woman who does not find my features attractive. Doesn't mean she is bigot. I won't date American black women. It's a cultural thing. I don't dislike Chinese or Black women, there is just something about them that doesn't create that spark for me.

Who I choose to date is my personal business and no level of shaming is going to guilt me into changing my personal opinion. I have grown weary and impatient with this nonsense.

• racist: noun

"I simply won't date a Chinese woman. I don't find their features attractive... I won't date American black women." Ergo, you deem them to be inherently racially inferior when it comes to their attractiveness. As such, that is indisputably 'racist'. Not necessarily bigoted. But definitively racist.

• Copied over from my answer elsewhere:
      There aren't any distinct human 'races', and there haven't been any since the extinction/assimilation of the Neanderthals and Rhodensians. Using US Kennel Club genetic guidelines as a scientific standard for the definition of a 'breed' (which is technically a synonym for 'race', with both words meaning exactly the same thing in scientific terms), and applying them to humans, no race of humanity has even a tenth of the genetic divergence from all the rest of humanity required to be approved and certified as a different breed. The Khoi-San comes closest by far, more than five times closer than any other 'racial group'- but they still only have 9% of the genetic heterozygosity required. Neanderthals and Rhodensians were the last pockets of humanity which were genetically distinct enough from the rest of humanity to be categorised as different races- since these groups were amalgamated into humanity, we've all been part of the same human race.

• @LilWeezey Actually, it's known as "assortive mating". People tend to select mates with physical appearances and mental traits similar to their own, and commonly rank faces similar to their own as more attractive, trustworthy, etc. than average. This is attributed in part to childhood imprinting on the opposite-sex parent. As for mental traits, one study found a correlation of 0.403 between husbands and wives, with husbands averaging about 2 IQ points higher. The study also reported a correlation of 0.233 for extraversion and 0.235 for inconsistency (using Eysenck's Personality Inventory). A review of many previous studies found these numbers to be quite common. Heredity produces substantial physical and mental similarity between close relatives, and these similarities are considered desirable. In other words, your greater attraction to "members of your own race" is symptomatic of the human predilection towards cousin incest, with 3rd cousin partners being optimal genetically.

• Racial preference is one thing, racial exclusion is another.

I believe people who practice racial exclusion, does so for 2 main reasons. The first reason like you stated is because they link Race (or common racial features) and Status together.

The second reason is because of the mental prototypes that we all have of each race. I believe we all have some sort of mental prototype of each group. For example when the word "White Man" or "Black Woman" is mention, our mind instantly creates a model of what we believe to be the typical "White man" or "Black woman". When a person makes the claim, "I only date white woman" I believe this is because when this person thinks of a white woman, they instantly imagine all the beautiful white women they have seen throughout their life and they use the images of those beautiful white woman as their prototype of "The White Woman".

However when they make the claim "I will never date a Black Woman", I believe this is because their prototype of the typical black female, is probably that of an overweight, ghetto, loud woman who wears red weaves in her hair and is on food stamps.

When a person say they "find only white woman the most attractive" they are thinking of this...

<a target="_blank" class="media-link" href="http://www. thewrap. com/wp-content/uimg.photobucket.com/.../American_Werew<a target="_blank" class="media-link" href="https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/73/e8/7273e85i436. photobucket. com/.../... ion_nov05_maxim0-1. jpg. jpgat/American_Werewolf. jpg

When a person say they "find all black women to be unattractive" they are thinking of this...
    https://s-media-cache-ak0. pinimg. com/736x/72/73/e8/7273e855e5fab0d2664d420e39490c46. jpg

Not this
    http://i436. photobucket. com/albums/qq89/animaltested2/653_gabrielle_union_nov05_maxim0-1. jpg

• What is going on with this site and uploading pictures.

Also this site need to invest in a damn Edit feature. :(

• oh lawd Gabrielle Union! ;-)

• I don't date men so I guess I'm sexist. I also don't date gay people so I guess I'm homophobic. For some reason I've never been attracted to really old or really young people so so add ageism to my list of flaws. Wow, I'm sorry guys I never realised how much of an asshole I was being, I'll try to stop discriminating against all the minorities in the future.

• I am a white male that has dated black women. With that said, you and everyone who thinks like you are liberal idiots. You throw around the word racist far too often. I am not even really sure that you know what it actually means. Applying it to situations like this has really made the word lose a lot of its impact.

The real reason that everyone primary dates within their own race is that people are more attracted to others that resemble themselves. In other words, the more similar someone is to you, the more you'll be attracted to that person. Now that you know that, do you understand why people tend to primary date within their own race?

• Cultural differences are the biggest thing here, and you can not say that is racist. It is in fact usually a disservice to anyone who is strongly connected to their culture or connected and identified with/to a culture to date outside of that culture. (in some cultures that is actually forbidden - say what you will about that)

The second thing is a that people are creatures of habit, they like what they are used to. For some this can create an odd thing that is seen as racist, a white man that is not sexually attracted to white women (or black women). Maybe he is used to a certain type of girlfriend, latino for instance and so he just seems to only be attracted to those types of features in a woman... maybe he is set in his ways, or there is just a preference that's become natural to him. Is that racist.

Racist is an overused word that is losing the power it once had, I believe it is propagated, this social agitation, by social engineers backed by social Darwinist billionaires who are "specist" against humanity.

• This makes sense. I found "men being racist to other men than women to other women" & "women being racist to men than men being racist to women" ridiculously true.

Media, Hollywood, Pop culture and colonial history, everything has a fair share in fostering the racism and changing the mentality of the people, especially infants.

I'm a South Asian + East Asian mixed. My life is ruined. (Lol kidding)
    I liked the video too. The statistics seem pretty accurate and direction is excellent.

• hmmm... you don't say if your a minority. My guess would be yes, since they use every possible chance to scream racist. Which is such horseshit.
    I only date white women because I am only attracted to white women. It has nothing to do with anything other then I am not turned on in the slightest by any other race.
    I love how, usually lazy people or politicians (or someone with some kind of agenda) use "racism" to describe anything that doesn't go their way.
    They want affirmative action so they don't have to be the best qualified candidate or student to get acceptance, like the rest of us..
    it is just such BS...

• Affirmative Action have nothing to do with hiring/admitting a lesser qualified person. Affirmative Action was implemented due to the subconscious belief of employers and colleges that a white man would always be the better choice when compared to a minority, regardless of if the white man was equally qualified or not.

There is nothing in Affirmative Action that REQUIRES employers/colleges to admit unqualified minorities. That is a myth that has been disproven so many times.

Also, White Women are the main beneficiaries of Affirmative Action, not blacks, not Asians, not latinos, but white women.

• Good on you for differenciating between preferance and exclusion. Im thinking many people are glossing over that.

• Yep you're right... i mention that clearly in the beginning of this take, but so many comments here are somehow failing to notice that.

• I only find white women attractive, if that makes me racist then I suppose I must be. I don't hate people of other races or look down on them though. Am I supposed to be ashamed of my preferences? I understand that what you're trying to say, I just don't understand why, or why it matters. It doesn't harm anybody. A lot of women will only date taller men, I'm short, it doesn't harm me. A lot of women will only date men who make a certain amount of money that I don't make, doesn't harm me. Doesn't matter.

• Congratulations for exposing yourself as a complete cuck. Of course it is only racist when white people don't want to date a certain race, right? When black lives matter activists say that they date only inside their race it is cool and natural, to name an example. If I am a racist because I only date inside my race then I am proud to be one.
    What else can you expect from liberal retards who are programmed to act and think as the system demands?

• See that's what is, racism stops as a social evil when everyone has equal rights. You cannot call person a racist based on their preferences. That's a freedom. Women are always more selective than men, a few have them even have outrageous preferences.
    Most women like tall men, what can the short men do? Hold the women responsible? Hold the tall guys responsibile? No man. Its just the way it is. Its a preference. No need to make it racist.

• Haile Selassie In his famous war speech, said something that I think is quite profound. That the color of a mans skin should make as much difference as the color of his eyes. Many people have an eye color preference, so why is a skin color preference considered racist? I like pale women (think so white that you can compare it to a piece of paper, including the blue lines) and virtually every girl I have has been white, white, white... Simply because that's what I find attractive. I understand that not all white girls, nor all black girls are the same but for pure aesthetics I like pale women.

• Physical features do play a role. Even if an individual doesn't have those features very strongly they still have the DNA that can produce those features in a second or third generation.

Races also have different cultures and so culture plays a role as well. Even if someone doesn't have those cultural tendencies outright, chances are their family members do. Some races have a culture where the males don't marry or stay married such as African-American males where 72% of black babies are born to single moms. If a woman wants a two parent household, then she should be aware. This behavior isn't a DNA issue it is a cultural trend. ross culture marriages fail more than same culture marriages/relationships.

In short, yes, it matters.

• why do people even give a fuck?

*not pointing at you OP*

• A lot of white women love black men, but then you make a good point about women being more racist because you don't often see women being as open to dating other races, so yeah it could be true.

However, I'm not sure I'd say women have lots of options as men are more desirable on a global scale, particularly western men, whereas western women are not as sought after by foreign men.

• I say those gals are racist, because on the guy's race alone,

and not the content of his character or the culture (s) he is a part of and associates with,

disqualifies him.

----

That shit racist as fuck.

• However, not finding a person of XYZ race/ethnicity physically attractive isn't racist. Attraction can't be helped.

• Basically:

>White women usually don't give a fuck what color you are
    >Black women usually like black dudes over white dudes
    >White men hate black men because inferiority complex
    >Black men hate white men because they shoot at them for no reason
    >Asian women and men dont care
    >Mexicans prefer other Mexicans but will take what they can get
    >Arabs are monocultural as fuck and most races hate them

Just summed up race relations right there

• I must not be Mexican then.
      I definitely do NOT prefer other mexicans

• @LilWeezey Really? I'm in CT, there aren't many Hispanics here and the ones that are kinda stick together. I was just generalizing based on my own observations

• Yea.
      I dont date my own.
      One of the reasons being at least where I am [Chicago] Mexicans are very stick to your own and kinda racist.

I love interracial relationships especially romantic ones. So I refuse to date my own.

• I guess I have to go out and date someone from a race I personally don't find attractive, so I'm not called a ''Racist.''

Lelllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

• Women tend to be pickier than men in general about dating so it only stands to reason that they would give more weight to race than men, as they do the same with about every other factor.

• More from Guys
    17