Why I'm Giving Up On Dating and Finding a Wife: Love is Dead

Today's women are just too complicated for men to date.

If you are poor, then you are not good enough to date them. If you are wealthy, then all they want is your money. So you lose either way. I am poor and girls just usually treat me like dirt. But when I get paid from my work, they can only think of my money. So it's like when you are poor they think you are cute but just not boyfriend material. But when you're wealthy you are boyfriend material, but you need to pay $$$ for being a boyfriend.

I basically just gave up on women. Plus, with Facebook and Twitter and countless online dating sites out there, women are becoming more and more unstable now. They are more and more undependable now. They never tell the truth and who knows what they are thinking.

All I know is men and women don't need each other anymore in this modern age. Back in the 1920s, women needed to hand-wash cloths and take care of lots of kids and buy fresh meat and vegetables from the market every day because there's no refrigerator. Needed to burn coal or wood for fire in order to cook. Needed to burn coal or wood for bathtub. House chores alone were a handful. Men worked from sunup until sundown. If a man had no wife, then he couldn't eat hot dinner----except himself, and nobody washed his dirty cloths----except himself. So back in those days nobody dares to divorce because if you divorce then you cannot live anymore. Only royalties back in those days can afford a divorce. Nowadays, women no longer cook. They put frozen TV dinner in microwave. They let laundry machines wash their cloths. Therefore they can dump one man after another and even if they found a man they still keep shopping for another man on Facebook daily.

The bottom line is this: There is no more love nowadays. Women don't love anymore. They simply shop around on Facebook for a good deal. And they shop daily even when their status on Facebook is "married". Love is a thing of the past. Back in the days, a wife would stick to her dying husband until said husband dies. Now with Facebook and Twitter, forget about sticking to the husband. New husband everyday actually. Every man on Facebook is her husband. No more love for you.

You can be open with your feelings and all that as well. I think it is one of the natural self defenses mechanisms to make it very hard to be a friend to a girl you love. I couldn't do it and I tried, I just get angry at the situation and quit trying. I don't know about others but when I seek out a girl, it's because I find her attractive and want her sexually and emotionally. I have couple of girl friends and they're just friends and the girls I love, I keep at a distance if they don't love me back because I can't be friends with them. There are too many feelings involved and one heck of a roller coaster ride. Out of sight and out of mind.

In my experience, a man's looks can significantly affect the way women perceive him. A witty remark can be charming or it can be annoying. Any question can be tenderly answered, or rebuked harshly. A woman's heart is a very shallow thing. As a game, dating is rigged, and lying is one way to rig it in your favor. Maybe spreading your seed and moving on is the best way for men with fewer options.

Part of the problem is American culture and our media here. The media plays a large role in how people lead their lives and their goals and dreams. In America our media places women on a very high pedestal and men far beneath them. Women are portrayed as intelligent sex goddesses and males as simple idiotic dummies who must battle endlessly to gain the attention of one of these supreme female beings. The media also constantly shows women with super good looking muscular men who are very sexy and mysterious. Often these males are shown as "bad boys" who live life on the edge and are super confident and also extremely romantic. So, is it any wonder why girls turn down average guys so often. Granted we all know TV is only TV, however we all are still influenced by it more than we know sometimes. I've seen it first hand. Most girls want an attractive, confident, romantic, assertive, bad ass guy. However nice guys generally are more shy and not at all bad asses. I myself am romantic but not good looking and such, but that is only 1 out of 5 major things. No wonder why I have problems.

Unfortunately, we cannot change the effect the media has had on the female population in the United States. Also let me note that males have been effected as well and there are plenty of females out there having issues. At least we know what it is that these women are looking for. That's a start at least. Now THIS BY NO MEANS means all women want this. However it is quite clear by the difficulty so many men are having that nice guys are having significant problems in this country.

If a man shows completely no interest in a pretty woman he might be considered * gay *, and that is not fair. As these dull games keep going on and on in our society where we * pretend * we don't care. We lie , we ignore someone we care about EVERYONE loses no matter how many books you guys read. Everyone loses.

I'm 31, have a job in downtown Detroit, no kids, dresses comfortable, and an introvert. I've had 0 dates, near as I can count in the past 15 years, And no sex, and no relationships either. About 75% of women I meet are solely interested in dating/dancing/dining bullshit. They are either commitment-phobic, or have put themselves on a pedestal. They're all waiting for the perfect guy to come along and will find a reason to reject anyone else.

Oh, I know, I know. "You're too bitter." Yeah, I wasn't always. After you do everything that you can, and you're still screwed, let's see how positive your outlook becomes. Then we have the "just wait". Just wait. Good things come to those that wait." Yeah, I'm 31, bub. How old are you?

Then we have the guy who said "get a prostitute". Thanks, I think most people can 'service' themselves. How do they get anyone to care for them? I've heard all the dating techniques, confidence-building routines, lower-your-standards, all the BS from people.

"Go to church". Sorry, not a religious Jesus freak. And when I was, people were there to worship, not hook up. Go to classes. Yup, did that. People were there to learn, not hook up. Try online dating. Yup, did that. Try singles activities groups. Yup, did that. Try speed dating. Did that. Just chat up women in supermarkets, coffee shops. Yup, did that. I did mention that i was respectful to women and still ended up with no dates, right? No? T`hen there you go.

Tried being a bad boy. Tried being just me. Tried being sexual. Tried being chaste. Nothing works. Each woman has a different reason for rejecting the guy (even for each guy). I finally figured out the problem ISN'T ME. It's the psychopaths out there that want to play and manipulated and get their egos stroked by 50 guys who all want them. Tired of the mind-games, the liars, etc.

I give up. Women don't want me, so be it. I can't do a god damn thing about it.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 34

But when this constantly happens to you maybe you picking these type of women? I meant there so many people who if this person is this or that they off my dating list right away. I meant hey if your not attractive your not attractive but I heard a statistic that women in America are having an issue finding guys now most girls are going to be single. Because of the fact they are refusing to look at guys without university/college degrees.

Right now I'm trying to find guys I'm attractive too but I'm trying to be reasonable. So maybe look if you doing this without knowing it?

My only issue with this Take is that you aren't really reflecting on your own actions. Not all women are the way you describe. Maybe you need to date within your circle? But there are women looking for love and I'm one of them. And we're in the same boat as you so please don't group us all together like that because a lot of the things you stated men are just as guilty of doing as well.

It seems like all of these failed relationships have skewed your perception of women. I get where you are coming from, and as we move forward in time, it seems that everyone, man or woman, are becoming more apathetical.

Please do not blame every single woman out there becuase you were with some shitty woman. Not all of us are like that. Not every woman cares solely about money or looks. Love is not dead. Love is still out there if you look hard enough. I know that seems cliche but it's true. Keep looking and don't give up.

This is why I love you ☺️

Never said their was not shitty people. But when a sizable population states their is a problem, when a man states how he tried everything he could for fifteen years and nothing, it seems rather absurd to simply dismiss it out right as him simply not trying hard enough or it being an isolated incident. Men everywhere are saying the same thing, we have MGTOW redpillers herbivores (Japanese equivalent of MGTOW) men stating that they want to learn how to be an asshole to attract women, men stating how they can't deal with women any more, marriage rates have dropped dramatically and men everywhere are stating the same problems. And womens response is to claim their is no problem. Doesn't that sound a bit absurd to you? If the vast majority of women claimed their was an issue do you think it would be acceptable for men as a whole to dismiss it out right and say its clearly on women not men? Their are a lot of problems in our society, statistics show this, anecdotal evidence shows this.

Being positive isn't going to fix the problem, acknowledging that their is a problem is going to help fix the problem and so far no woman wishes to admit to it. They don't want to acknowledge that men are now shunning women because their afraid of what she will do whether it be destroy his reputation or have him arrested. Afraid to marry because she will divorce him (because almost all divorces are initated by women) and take away everything he has from his money to his children. Women don't want to admit that their is a very big problem and as long as women keep pretending like everything is fine we are going to continue to suffer, all of us. Women need to step up need to admit that something is wrong and work with men to fix the problem, if only women are listened to then clearly we are not communicating and that's exactly what your statement was, a refusal to truly listen to what is being stated. Yes he shouldn't give up but its also true that their is a problem.

The fact that you've given up on dating/finding a wife is nobody's fault but your own. You can put forth as many reasons as you want (women get 'complimented too much', are 'too religious', etc.) to make yourself feel better and less at fault. Nonetheless, most of the population seems to have not nearly as much issue with this not so complicated topic.

Sorry sweetpea, but it sounds like you've given up because you've decided you're better than anyone else. That no woman is 'worthy' of your narcissistic views.

loool, the male vs female votes on this opinion

lol you're great. I love how all I did was leave my fucking opinion and your reply is to right away dismiss it and call me 'just another feminist'.
      Love the irony! Never fails to make me laugh.

@kaylaS91 I think they may have gotten me confused with you lol, which just goes to show you that reading comprehension is dead haha

My boyfriend works a part time job, and makes less money than me, still with him. In fact I make about double his pay, and it means nothing to either of us.

@redeyemindtricks I believe also makes more than her husband annually, and guess what?

We're all in love, we're all happy. Not all women are evil gold diggers bud, might be time to look in the mirror and find the real root of the problem.

• 3d

Good post...

It is a sad reality plaguing society today, people find it easier to just walk away than fix their problems. I can't do this so I am going to run away and make the same mistakes in the next relationship! What is even worse... This behaviour is socially excepted.

Its funny that you wrote this about women because I have always thought that men are like this. Just replace the word money with sex.

We live in crazy time and I know it may seem so hard to stay positive when there is so much negative around you, but please don't give up. Love for you might be closer than you think.

“Don't give up before the miracle happens.”
    ― Fannie Flagg, I Still Dream About You

• 3d

Wanting the body of the opposite gender, the gender you are supposed to be attracted to isn't bad, it's still attraction to the person! Money is trade for almost everything, wanting that in a relationship makes you a product, a prostitute, and is not attraction to the person by any measure.

not all women are like this... i dont care about money and only meet men who treat me like crap too and im hot... dating does suck though

just take yourself out of the equation all together. also seek help.

Dude, you can give up on whatever you want to give up, you don't need to explain why you chose to do that to anybody especially by portrying other gender in bad colors only. If you think giving up will bring more adventages to your life than disadvantages, then do that, it's your life, and you live it.

This is sad. I know many women who are not as you described. Hope it gets better for you.

I'm with you love is dead :(

Wow. Who even are the people of GAG?

Dude you're wrong. My boyfriend has no job and no money and he is overweight but I am still with him! You know why? Because I LOVE him and know I won't get the same bubbly and glowing feeling with anyone else. I am engaged to him and we will be getting married as soon as I turn 18. He told me that I am marrying a poor man, but I told him that we are rich in soul and rich in love and that is all we need :) he is going to be 22 once I'm 18 <3 I don't know which girls you're talking to, but it seems like the only problem you have is you're looking at the hot thots who wear too much makeup and are OBVIOUSLY gold diggers! You're not going for the average girls or ugly Betties. You're looking at the models and you're getting mad once you can't get your dick wet because they're married and won't send you a titty pic xD

Yeah if you really feel that way then you are probably better off not dating...

I feel similar to him, I can relate. But the big difference is that I don't blame the other gender, it's just that this isn't the kind of world I would want to be part of, especially if I had known beforehand. I have a negative outlook of this entire world and reality altogether, I feel there really is just nothing but pain, misery, suffering, and death, and that the "good" things that exists and goes along with it in this world are merely just coping mechanisms provided there as distractions to try and allow us to feel good and pass the time here before our time is up. I just Hate how NONE of us ever asked to come here and yet we're part of this reality and world, once we're here we're exposed to all possible forms of harms and suffering throughout our entire lifetime, and then ultimately we die no matter what we do or not do. It's really deep, but if I ever tried dating I think there's no point because even if I were to hide how I feel about this world, I can't hide it from

@JudgmentDay I am sooo sorry that you are having such a rough go of things. I hope you find what you are looking for though... :/

Have you ever considered trying to change your outlook? I had to do it when I was a teen. only works if you really want it though and are committed to making it work though.

It goes both ways i do agree

If seems less like gals are generally 'awful' and more like gals don't want you so you regard them as 'awful'. "Most girls want an attractive, confident, romantic, assertive, bad ass guy. However nice guys generally are more shy and not at all bad asses. I myself am romantic but not good looking and such, but that is only 1 out of 5 major things. No wonder why I have problems." If you don't want to date gals go ahead but I find it off settling to make create an entire theory around it implying the 'blame' is one gals with some extreme delusional claims rather than simply state you're bowing out because gals don't want you. Incompatibility dude. It likely happens to most people.

"They never tell the truth"
    This is an extreme delusional claim.

"In America our media places women on a very high pedestal and men far beneath them."
    Studies show otherwise. Most heroes are male. Most speaking characters are male. Most female characters are generally ''eye-candy" or serve no to little other pursues than the heroes' sexual or romantic interest. Unsure how it's a pedestal to often have no other purpose than to fuck or date the hero... only if she's attractive of course.

"The media also constantly shows women with super good looking muscular men who are very sexy and mysterious."
    These women are also super good looking. It seems your issue is that super good looking gals want super good looking guys.

That's what you get when men and women don't need each other anymore and sleeping around and acting like a kid your whole life is socially acceptable.

I will not deny that I'm very picky when it comes to men and won't settle for someone. He needs to be attractive to me, have a great personality, be intelligent, have a job that at least pays average wage, we need to have things/interests in common and we need to have the same dreams and values in life. But that's because I am looking for someone to be with for the rest of our lives.

Because I am so picky I already know from the start of our relationship that this is a guy a I see a future with. However, after years of dating and one longer relationship I've realized that's not how other people do it. They get into relationships with no real thought of a future together. Instead they're thinking "we'll see where it goes". They also do what you said and continue looking for something "better".

If I'm with someone I'm honest, 100% loyal and faithful and take the relationship very seriously, but I've been lied to by almost all guys I've dated, I've caught many guys on dating sites lying even before we even met and I've been cheated on in extremely brutal ways. And no, it's not obvious bad boys. It's very different types of guys but they have all turned out to be the same liars and cheaters.

So I've also given up now. Although it's sad it's also a relief. I'm tired of dating and I'm tired making an effort and being serious when the guy is not. I'm tired of getting hurt and always wondering if I'm being lied to or cheated on again. I've realized I don't actually need a man. It would be amazing to have a partner to share life with, but I don't NEED it. I have my own friends, family, money, apartment, education, career etc. I have even started the process of having kids on my own now. I know people have different opinions of that, but honestly I don't care anymore. It's my life and I know that if I want to be a mom I will have to do it on my own since I can't find the right guy. To never have kids is not an option for me. It's what I've wanted my whole life. Family is very important to me and the only thing I really care about in life. So now that I have given up on dating, and know that I probably won't ever find Mr. Right, I don't see a reason to wait to have kids anymore, so I'm not. I'm going to live my life and do what I want, not pause it to wait for a man that may or may not show up in the future.

I guess you became Single For Life but not by choice then? Completely involuntarily.

I've given up a long time ago, more than a dozen years, forget the age displayed I'm not 19 years old.

I have a negative outlook on life, this world and reality altogether, but I do not blame the other gender for me being Single, and over time I just think Single For Life is the only real option left for me, since it's unlikely I'd ever find the right girl. Different people are never going to similar or the same no matter what. because different people think and feel differently about things, have different interests on mind, as well as different goals and objectives in their lives which may or may not become conflicts of interests in their relationships.

I'm very deep and unhappy about the way things are in this world and reality, if you read any of my comments above, as I've already made a ton and maybe you'll understand why.

Good for you for going after you want and puttign yourself first... that's great! I wish you all the luck in the world on the mommy front... it is the best!

Oh hun, you are thinking wrong. Do not beat urself up. Maybe you are looking at the wrong girls, I dont know? Women in general are not that complicated... Seriously.

You say that girls like confident and romantic guys because of media rather than biology. Confident is sexy, romance is alluring. You might not have either and the issue with insecurity in males is that it causes girls to dislike you which makes you even more insecure. Terrible cycle. You should cut out of the cycle by figuring out how to be confident.

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 47

Seems to me you didn't have good experiences in your love life. But don't give up and don't blame all women for that.

For a long time I was broke, I ~never~ owned a car and I still had my fair share of girlfriends who I truly believe loved me.

I think you're investing time in the wrong relationships, maybe hanging out with the wrong people. There's love out there. There are plenty of nice women who want a guy despite any of the things you mentioned.

Good luck. ;)

Oh lord, look at all the haters, especially all the bitter women who are so upset with your decision. Ignore them. It's okay it's your decision and you're happy with it. Maybe one day, I'll give up too because most women won't date a guy like me and there are so many shitty people out there who don't deserve me.

Giving up is learning to let go of those delusions and desires, because in the end that's what it really is. The pretty gorgeous sexy girl that you see today, well it's not always going to remain that way because people age, so it's like flowers, they are so pretty when they first bloom, but then eventually they wrinkle up and dry up, and then finally and inevitably they also die. Same goes for people and pretty much every other living thing.

Look on the bright side at least he ain't the only one here that's been single for a long time.

Besides, you, me and @Unit1 had all agree on one thing, and that is antinatalism, bringing life into existence into this word brings guaranteed harm and suffering to someone that never asked for it in the first place. That's the main reason why we don't agree to having any children, what is the point anymore after we had realize how bad and terrible this mess of a world is?

@JudgmentDay I really admire your realism about the world. You're not delusional like how most people are. It's so hard to fight off my delusions and desires 😞

The vast majority of people are deluded and are believing illusions even despite obvious evidence.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3268a0145d.jpg

@JudgmentDay I am not that much of an anti-natalist as you are but I still hold the position of giving birth being a very bad idea in times like these. However I do have a problem with natalists if I encounter them and interact with them.

Yes, this world is a mess, it's controlled by the superior class citizens, who rule this world and make things happen at their will. And we, the middle class citizens are their puppets, we fund them with our taxes.

But back to the main topic: Love is nearly extinct. Proof of it are us: Some of us simply live better being single.

Have you tried being jacked, alpha and fun?

http://i46.tinypic.com/es11ef.jpg

You know the old saying "girls just want to have fun and get fucked really good"

That guy reminds me of Zyzz

So apparently I have to be fitness expert to get a single date? Let me guess I should be alpha too?

Pass, they need to curb unrealistic expectations.

This gen doesn't care about mass, front to back thickness. Just being ripped.

Good stuff here. I feel very similar. The main difference is that I am too shy and afraid of rejection to even approach women. And lots of insecurities. So I am 26 and the most I ever received from a girl is a goodbye hug for like 1 second at the end of high school. There was another myTake here called "How to Avoid Bad Women" with pretty good stuff in it. Check it out. One thing that bothers me is how parents often don't understand or don't want to accept the fact that their son thinks this way or is going his own way. My parents and even grandparents keep pushing me to find a girlfriend no matter what I say to them. Annoying.

You want to be gay or single, good for you. No need to inflict that decision on others. We don't care.

Opinion owner How constuctive , why did you even post an opinion?

Wow* speaking of dicks... looks like you have finally evolved into one. Dont worry tho, someone will eventually shove you up someone ass.

Opinion owner This here with all this anger pointed at each other , is why men don't seem to think bonding with each other is benificial. This is the way , that those who oppose men have krept in between us to pit us against each other. we need to bond together instead and stay strong together so this doesn't happen. Not interested. ?

Generalizing is the worst possible thing you can do when speaking about the opposite sex. You may have come across some bad apples, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the whole gender is flawed, i'm sure you know what kind of girl you are interested in, whether she is attractive, smart, wealthy, whatever, but you know what you want. Since relationships are mutual, what do you have to bring to the table? We are all looking for someone that we are able to communicate and share a relationship with. Put yourself in the woman's shoes, are you going to be interested in a guy that has low self esteem and spends all his time complaining about whats wrong with others, but doesn't take the time to reflect on his own shortcomings? The type of people we attract are the type of people we can relate with the most, if you continue to attract shallow money hungry women, what is it about you that makes you a prime target for such a lady. Is that the vibe you give off? if so then you should focus on taking responsibility for your failed relationships and find ways to improve yourself, don't just play the blame game. Relationships are a two way street, both of you have to bring something to the table, there has to be a reason for you to be interested in her, and vice versa.

Sounds like it's better being single.

i agree with you because for as long as i can remember, i've always hated, detested, despised, loathed, on how it's always the mans job to approach and make the first move, be the initiator, take the lead, in the dating/mating game, i wonder if the reason why i feel that way has to do with my parental upbringing or childhood social experiences, or if i'm just a genetically natural born Beta or Omega Male

Hey dude! I feel your pain. I can see that you've been on a long and brutal losing streak. However, it seems like you've made a decision that you really don't want to make. FYI, the next step in your evolution is to just not give a fuck.

I'm a half way decent looking guy and when I was younger I was rejected by several women who looked like absolute dogs because they thought that they deserved the almighty alpha male. I made the mistake of setting my sights low in the hopes of finding someone who had more realistic expectations. No such luck. In reality, I was seeing 10,000 young women lining up for every one alpha male, and they wouldn't settle for anything less. Then, when these women reached their mid 30's, and they're obese and never married, they'd ask "where have all the good men gone?" Well sugar, by that time all the good men are either married, dating younger women, or have gone MGTOW.

Nevertheless, you're making the right decision at the right time. These days relationships are disposable anyway, and it's usuially the women who end up disposing of them. Think of all the money you'll save by not having to make those child support payments. Maybe it's time for you to explore the prostitute option? Chin up and don't get down on yourself! The dating scene is a cesspool and the marrage trap is financial suicide. What I'm saying is that your situation could be much worse than it is right now.

I feel this way too. But it's a people problem not a women problem. Although I agree with social media and feminism, women are more respected than men in society.

Sounds like someone needs some introspection in my opinion.

Not really sure about this take. Instead, I just learned to better myself at what I'm already good at, which is staying distant and cold from everyone

listen u live in the usa women are crazy there
    fly to Europe , asia :)

Or maybe you are just looking in the wrong place.

This coming from a guy who has been with his wife for almost 4 years now. If you don't want to date just don't. I don't believe everyone is meant to be in a relationship and that's fine. What isn't cool is some of the women on here trying to shame you for that. It's your life, live it how you see fit.

Maybe it's just a Detroit thing. After all, I hear bad things about Detroit all the time and now I've heard about its women. Must be a terrible place to live.

Anyway, you might want to seek a counselor of some type if you're truly "depressed and unhappy" like your profile states. They might help you become a happier individual, which will certainly reflect in your daily life and help on this quest to finding love. I've dated women before who were depressed and I can tell you first-hand, it's difficult to tolerate. I was only able to because I have patience. You seem to be equating your happiness with finding love, when in reality, you just need to figure out what it is that you like doing when you have the free time when not working. You shouldn't need to validate your existence and happiness by involving women into the equation. You're going to be miserable for your entire life if you convince yourself that you absolutely need female company and this just makes you look desperate when you say you need something and then complain when you can't get it.

You explain that you're introverted, so if that is the case then I can understand you probably try to avoid social gatherings or don't stick around for very long. This might be part of the issue. Introversion is not necessarily an attractive quality unless you're also looking for a woman who just likes to sit at home all day and read books or something, and when you look for specifics in dating, like an ideal body weight or a certain annual salary, is when you have less options to choose from.

If you have chosen to give up, then that is your decision. In my experience, the best things in life have happened when I least expected them to. The more you search for something the more desperate you become every day that you didn't get it. I don't believe that if a woman approaches you, you're going to immediately assume she is a gold-digger and wave her off. You'll probably give her a chance and see where it might lead.

This is old news kid. I'm more surprised that you just now found out, and I'm not surprised at all.

You're right on for the most part. Times have changed and so has society's values. In older times women and men actually NEEDED each other. It was much harder for one to live without the other. However, now that technology and society have evolved being with another person is more of a want/desire. Both women and men can now live 100% independently. This means that instead of women having to 'settle' for a man that's 'ok', they all can chase after their dream top tier 1% man.

They want a man that's already at the top, instead of being with the guy that's working his way there.

As the world is moving forward some things are going to be left behind, love is just one of those things.

I just think its too hard to find a women whos not a ragging whore.

@RainbowFanGirl said it best.

Don't give up, though. That's quite the global defiance; never to love again?

Also, it's your personality they rank as most important (not getting into a back and forth on this one... I've experienced enough to know it.). All else is a bonus.

• More from Guys
    27