Haven't heard from him while he's been on vacation?

I've been on a few dates with a guy and we really hit it off. He keeps saying how much he likes me and wants to get to know me better. One caveat is he is moving for work in a few months. We've only been on 3 dates but they were all great and he followed up right away. We were supposed to have a date right before he left but he had to cancel as he had to do last minute things. No big deal but his texts got fewer. I know he was busy and getting ready to leave the country for a few weeks. He said he would either contact me through FB or iMessage as much as he could and said he would bring me back something and that he wants to hang out the week he comes home. I know he's on vaca and didn't expect much contact but he didn't even message me personally to let me know he got there. He posted a fb status. He's been gone over a week and I have only gotten one text saying he's having fun and misses me and can't wait to see me when he's back. But he keeps posting pics and status to fb yet no other personal contact with me. I text him last night just saying it looked gorgeous there. I haven't heard back but he's been on social media. I know I may be over reacting since we aren't even dating, I just don't want to be strung along

Most Helpful Guy

• While you might be over reacting a bit since you aren't a couple per say, I don't think expecting to hear something personally to you is too much to ask.
    Sounds like he had second thoughts about things between his vacation and moving. Could just want to not start something that probably won't work out. It would be a polite and mature thing to say so to you, but not everyone does what they should do.
    He is probably just hoping you will be the one to say never mind so he doesn't have to be the bad guy.
    I wouldn't put my life on hold for this guy. Most likely it ran its course.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with shaggy, 3 dates, not 3 years

What Girls Said 1

• Hun, I haven't heard from my bf since Saturday because he's traveling lol. Don't stress. Let him enjoy his holiday and he'll message when he can.