Saving myself for marriage?

I'm saving myself for marriage, there's no doubt in my mind that I want the first person I am with to be my husband so don't tell me its a stupid idea. Anyways I'm just wondering if you guys really liked a girl would you be willing to wait until marriage before having sex or is that too long of a wait?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, I support your decision all the way!! Personally, my Girlfriend and I decided to wait until marriage because we feel that it gives more depth to our relationship. I'm glad to know that there are other people that still think with the same mentality as us. Im In full support of waiting for the right person.

What Guys Said 22

• My christian side wants to say yes, but my secular side says no. My dick says who gives a fuck. My brain says just watch out for STDs and pregnancies, so I'm kinda like at crossroads. But yes, for the right woman, I could muster up the effort to keep it in my pants until we marry.

• Yes , I don't believe in sex before marriage and I'm age 46 i got
    some religious views and I see things this way i don't want girl
    to use me for herself than dump me without loving me no way
    do i go there

• Yes, ur faith and commitment for me is clear that u only gonna let the luv of ur life eat u out. It'll be an HONOR to be ur hubs for life and there would be no trust issues cuz the fact that ur saving urself for marriage says it all. U have ma RESPECT if ur willingly not going back on ur words.

• Before you buy a car... you go and test drive it right? Or anything you're interested in. You play with it to see if you like it right?

Well anyone who cares about being truly happy would be better off knowing if they're even going to enjoy having sex with you if they want to continue the relationship. Because if they don't enjoy it and you do. Well you're going to be unhappy and will probably wind up cheating or he will as a result of thing ultimately ruining your relationship.

You aren't even an adult yet. You shouldn't even be thinking about such things anyways. You need to establish a career and do you until you're ready to become a woman that can support her daughter/son if your bf decides to be a bitch and cut and run. Because that seems to be a common thing today. So it's better to be safe then sorry.

That's my two cents.

• but a woman's virginity is not a car? you can't just "test it out"? So if it doesn't " feel good" you leave the girl? that's exactly why I'm saving myself for marriage lol. marriage is a huge commitment and my first time will be a lot more special knowing its someone I truly care about and am spending the rest of my life with. Plus sex is not the only thing in relationships.

• Whoa whoa whoa there. I never said go sleep around to be a pro. So don't go putting words in my mouth and assuming you know my intentions. You can date someone for years and only be sleeping with that one person and that not work and wind up meeting the next person and getting married if that's what you two are into. And in that previous relationship gained the experience needed to have amazing sex.

Hooking up with randoms is a high risk factor for catching STD's. Which are becoming more and more spread with the rate at which people are sleeping around randomly.

• That's all I wanted to clarify. Take care

• I would date a girl who wanted to wait until marriage.

• I would not, because of my sexual drive. I see sex as a real connection of two people, taking both the physical and metaphysical clothing off to truly view your partner as who they are. If we dated and after lets say 4 months, I would begin to feel this gap of nature between us. I would not drop you like a rock, but I would tell you this is who I am. I also do not believe in Marriage, I believe it is a sham of what it once was. I also believe true love does not need items like a ring or a wedding but two people who intimately understand the concept of love.

• yes... for the right girl... yes

• Depends on how long we're supposed to be dating. I'd certainly face 2 years. 3 tops, but after that we're both ready for marriage or Im leaving. I dont suppose anyone should wait too long unless they have a financial reason.

• Wonderful, I'm not saving myself for marriage, but I don't believe in casual sex either. I just want my first time to be meaningful

• I prefer girls like you. Your kind is rare. And I believe girls like you who are saving themselves until marriage can be trusted more than all the others.

• If I loved the girl, I wouldn't care.

• Not sure on this, but, I wouldn't want my desire to have sex with a women I love to be used to tie me into a early marriage.

• If I loved the girl, I'd be ok with it.

• fuck yeah. why not.

• That's just prudishly silly. Ya most men would drop ya.

• Nope. It's like me saying that I'm waiting until I'm married to do nice, loving things for her.

• Few months would be my limit.

• nope it is a deal breaker for me. No sex after three or four dates = no relationship.

• no. god no.

• Aside from all the twilight guzzling romance novel bullshit you've gobbled up, which once again, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTIANITY... You're spouting off this bullshit puritanical shit from the 1800s that has long since been resolved. STDs and unwanted pregnancies? Birth control, bitch! Whats the difference between a relationship and friends with benefits? Monogamy, bitch! Why would that be in my best interest unless i was SURE a single woman could satisfy all my needs?

AND YES, NEEDS. Sexual tension doesn't go away. Its not something that just dissipates into the ether when you deny it long enough. If it doesn't come out through sex or masturbation, it comes out through the kinds of fucked up sexual frustration you're so elegantly projecting on me right now. Criticizing my life choices because judging people is the only thing that gets your pathetic ass off. You're going to be alone, a virgin, for the rest of your life, not just because of your abstinence, because you're a cunt

• Do yourself a favor. Next time someone says No, god no. Just leave it at that. Crazy bitch.

• Depends on the girl and her reasons.. and if it's the right girl for the right reasons... then sure..

• Virginity is very, very important to me. So important, that I will only lose my virginity to another virgin with no exceptions (except if she was raped forcefully against her will).

They say you always remember the first person you sleep with most vividly. A girl can sleep with a 100 men (hope not), but she can always recall her first, good or bad. That says something about the significance.

A study was conducted by Kahn and London in 1991 along many others that correlates premarital sex with high divorce rates. Divorce rates are over 50 percent here in the US, but we are also liberal enough to condone and encourage premarital sex, often with multiple partners.

And think about this for example, let's say you had your first kiss, your first serious relationship, and lost your virginity, what else will you provide your spouse that you have not already shared with someone else?

I highly encourage you to wait. Unfortunately, although it is ideal, it is not always practical. But if you wait, I applaud you.

• Nope.

That never would have been an option for me. I'm not legally binding myself to someone when I don't even know if we're sexually compatible.

Best of luck with your search, hopefully the guy you marry isn't one of those "I have no idea how to please a woman, and think sex is over as soon as I blow my load" types - of which there are many.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm not a guy and I haven't saved myself. I probably wouldn't wait, because I feel as though sex is a big part of a romantic relationship and I have a really high sex drive. Nor do I want to get married, so if I saved myself or was seeing a man who wanted that I would be waiting for a looong time. That all being said, there are guys out there who want the same thing you do, they might be a minority, but you're better off getting together with someone who shares you beliefs.

• lol most guys on here won't wait two weeks for sex so youd never find out if thy would be wiling to wait for marriage.

i can see a guy saying he loves you enough you wait ONCE he realizes how much he cares about you.. what i dont get is if you're dealing wth a person who is accustomed to sex in a relationship... how do you get from point A of not knowing each other to point B of him wanting to marry you without having sex first. people want sex pretty quickly relative to how long it takes to get to know someone.

hed have to now from the start he wanted to marry you and is therefore willing to wait. but who knows that from the start.. unless he's waiting anyhow.

• They won't know if ages the one they are marrying so how can they becwukkjngvto wait from the Beth beginning?

It's presupposing they already know they are getting married s soon as they start dating... No one knows that.

I think a lot if guys just don't want a sexless relationship and seeng ad they dj if you're getting married it's not the issue that you're waiting for marriage but that you are not having sex with them.

If a guy is planning on waiting anyways that's your best bet.

• @They won't know if they are the one you are marrying, so how can they be willing-or not willing to wait, from the beginning?

It's presupposing you already know they are getting married as soon as they start dating... No one knows that.

I think a lot if guys just don't want a sexless relationship and seeing as they dk if you're getting married it's not the issue that you're waiting for marriage, but that you are not having sex with them.

• I know a few guys that are waiting for marriage so don't worry they are out there:)

• Im sure the right guy will :)

• I'm doing the same don't let anyone make you change your decision : ) Be proud of yourself

• That is a very risky move!

• Don't let anyone tell you to do differently. For some people, sex is a very important part of a relationship. For others.. it's not. For me, I don't care about the quality of sex, because sex isn't something recreational to me. It's a way for me to express my love on a deeper level with the man i love the most. I don't care if he's bad at sex. It's just a good reason for us to "practice" more. ;)
    Anyway.. most guys won't wait unfortunately. I came to this sad reality as I became older and was very upset. Still am a bit upset. But... I'm holding onto hope and staying with my convictions.

• I guess I'm just gonna sit here and watch then because I'm on the same boat as you girl :)

• A man who is looking for marriage probably will but young guys probably not.