Asked her out on a date she said yes but never answered my last text?

So I've been friends with this girl for about a year, we are both 19 and go to the same school. We are both home for summer and she currently lives 1 hour away. So communication is through calling/texting atm.

We have hung out a few times together throughout the summer but I have never specified it as a date. Good chemistry etc

Last night we were talking and I specified i wanted to take her out on a date when she returned from a small trip (2 weeks) . When I did it took her a good 30 minutes to reply and at the time I kinda took it as a no, I never saw the message till the following morning where she said "yeah that's fine" At which point I replied and asked her when she returned, and she hasn't replied all day?

Not sure if by not seeing the message and replying at the time she saw it as I was not too interested. I also don't want to text her again and end up coming off needy you know

Most Helpful Girl

• To me it sounds like she's not sure how she feels about you but is willing to give it a shot. This is good - it means you still have a chance! She could have just turned you down but she's willing to see what happens.

If she's unsure, you don't want to push her too far otherwise she'll get scared and just end it. So be prepared to take it very slowly. Of course, if she starts to show signs of interest and of moving things along then you can move faster, but you need to wait for those signs.

What Girls Said 7

• It doesn't sound like she's interested unfortunately. Drop it for now and see if she starts contacting you. When you are into someone, you're usually excited when you get a text from them. There are other girls out there - move on:)

• You said she was on vacation, which could mean that she is busy with her family and friends. She also might have really crappy cell service where she is... But in all honesty I think the only way that you can be certain is to ask her. Just be like, "Hey, if you don't want to date that's cool too lol." (Or something among those lines... :p) She might just be scared to say yes

• Wait for her to reply because she'll get irritated with you texting her. But I do think she's interested because she did say yes.

• She's probs tired

• maybe she is busy or forgot

• It sounds to me like she might be trying to indirectly say no. Maybe she is very busy, but unfortunately I think it is more likely that she feels bad saying no to your offer

• I talked to her a few days ago and directly told her if she doesn't want to she can just tell me no, she told me it's just that she is simply busy and can't till she returned? I never specified it was a date so a contacted her again a few days later telling her it was a date, she replied "yeah that's fine"

• Yeah, it just doesn't sound enthusiastic like it should. But I have to say I agree with the other poster, maybe she really is just unsure of how she feels and wants to give it a go :)

• well i don't think not getting an instant reply is too bad it would be face to face but text she could have got caught up in something else but the 'that's fine' part doesn't come off as though she is too happy about the yeah i mean just yeah alone would have even sounded better but you can't really say for sure.

What Guys Said 1

• First mistake is that you asked her out in a text. Bad idea. Also "yeah that's fine" doesn't sound like an enthusiastic response. Give her time and if she reaches out to you then go from there. You've already made yourself clear where you stand so let her come to you. If nothing happens then best to forget about her and move on. Hopefully it works out for you but I've been in situations like this and it's not worth it to stay hung up on a girl who's not that interested. The thing about relationships, which it sucks, is whoever cares less usually has the power. Now I'm not telling you to be an asshole or anything like that but maybe take a step back and do other things; hang out with friends, watch a movie, talk to other girls, etc for a bit.