How long should I wait for him to ask me to be his girlfriend?

I don't know how it works in other countries, but where I live, usually during heterosexual relationships the guy asks the girl to be his girlfriend. If it's not clear (none of them asks the other person), then they're not in a relationship (I know every relationship is different, but I'm talking in general)

I have been dating this guy for 8 weeks now. We met online, we texted for a week, he asked me out on a date, and since then we have been seeing each other at least twice a week (now during the weekend, because of our school schedules), and texting all day long (unless we are busy). We pretty much act like a couple: we kiss all the time we can, we hold hands in public, he hugs me, I already met his friends, etc. But he isn't my boyfriend. I know that title wouldn't change anything, but I want to refer as him as my boyfriend, and somehow to feel I'm his only girl (even when I'm pretty sure I'm his only one).

Are 2 months too early to be worried about this? How long should I wait to question if he really wants to take things seriously?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't necessarily need to ask someone to be yours. It just blossoms. When you two are acting pretty much like it, then you two are dating as far as the rule goes. You could ask of course, but it sounds pretty obvious here. Maybe he has this mindset too. Personally I think it's a little too cheesy for me to ask someone to be mine. If we're acting like it, it's happening. They'll know.
    Maybe he expects you know. Ask.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with Indycysive, sometimes after a certain period of dating, the transition into boyfriend and girlfriend comes naturally without having to have been asked, or with you asking

What Girls Said 1

• I feel like two months isn't too early. It took about a minth of hooking up with my partner before we made things "official"