Girls, would you date a guy who has been with a prostitute?

I've had a pretty hard year in terms of dating, and it's really made me feel lonely. So I've thought about either hiring an escort/prostitute or going to a legal brothel. I'd take every precaution to protect myself from any infection, but I'd really just like to be with someone - even if it's for money.

As long as I don't get any STDs, would this be a dealbreaker for any girls? I know it's sorta pathetic, but like I said, I've had some bad luck with dating and just think I need to do something like this to pick myself back up.

Thoughts?

• No, I wouldn't date him. That's a dealbreaker
  • Yes, I'd date him. As long as he's healthy, it doesn't matter.
  • See results / I'm a guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on his view/opinion on sex workers and/or women in the sex industry.

I hate men who use the services of these women, and then go on and treat the sex workers/sex industry works as if they're less than scum. When these men wouldn't have been able to get sex or attention from women without these services.

Thus I didn't vote. But to answer your question, if he thinks highly of sex workers/women in the sex industry and treats them with respect. AND IS healthy, It wouldn't be an issue for me at all.

• Yeah. Great answer, washize.

• I agree. If you have the funds, you can also look into finding a free-lance escort. Even if you get caught, the way that escorts organize things, is that you two are "dating" and you're simply giving her an allowance. They learn intimate details about you, and practically are your girlfriends for hire.

• You can't be prosecuted for that.

What Girls Said 18

• The crazy this is that everyone is so quick to label & judge men that have paid for sex.. But the truth is that so many have tried it but will never admit it.. So as gross as everyone may think, the judgmental attitude toward it will actually prevent your man from ever opening up about it!

My friend is super hot, muscular, great job, gorgeous guy... He admitted he used to go to massage parlors & pay the girls for more than massages. He's not the type that you'd ever think would have to pay for it because he's so incredibly hot.. But he said he did it because it's easy & convenient.. As long as they were safe & used protection, why judge him for that?

• I don't have problems with prostitution as long as the women were not forced into doing it by someone else. I know there is a high demand for sex, so I'm glad they can work legally in my country.

In theory, I shouldn't have a problem with my date using the prostitution sercive like I shouldn't have a problem with my date hiring a cleaning lady to clean his house.
    In praxis, however, I do have a problem with both. I'd much rather have my date be capable of cleaning after himself. And I also rather have my date be able to pick up girls he wanted.

"just think I need to do something like this to pick myself back up." - I'm not sure, will you really feel more confident when you know you had to pay someone to fake interest in you? Because I don't think I would feel better.

• Well, it might not do much for my confidence with women, but it might make me less... obsessed with finding someone right away.

• Sorry hun, I would lose respect for you... It's one thing to go to strip clubs, but it is another thing to hire someone to have sex with you. That's just my personal opinion.

• Well I haven't done it. And after seeing some of these blunt reactions reactions, I probably won't now. Thanks for your opinion!

• no i wouldn't date a guy who has been with hookers

• In a case like yours, it would not be a deal breaker. There are worst things in life that you could do than pay for sex. I don't judge because who knows what I might do in the future. As long as you protect yourself & partners & be upfront about everything then you are ok with me.

• Nope. Wouldn't date a guy like that.

• nope. yuck

• No. I would not.

• Sure, as long as he's clean. I'd be a little worried about HPV, though (since men can't be tested for it).

• I would not most likely

• I voted no

• Thats a dealbreaker.

• Hell no! Don't do it. I would leave a man that ever did that. Just wait it out and it'll come.

• Even if you were about to marry him? What is the difference between him payin for sex and having sex with a really promiscuous girl who had sex wi g just as many men.

• Ill wait till im dead.

• Go to a club and pick up on tipsy women if you have that much bad luck. Flirt online or something but paying a prostitute is a whole other level.

• I feel hypocritical for this but I wouldn't want to date a guy who's been with a hooker. I feel prostitution is a good utilitarian way of making money under the law, i. e. good income & tax revenue, but still.

Then again, I was a stripper for two months, so I'm really no one to talk.

• Not really. Anyone that buys a hooker is seen as pathetic to me.

• Some woman who used to be an escort/prostitute who has no STDs prob wouldn't care since she'd have a similar background.

• But you would?

• I would prefer a guy whose sexual history was slim to none, but as i get older i'm becoming more open... so if he had the #1 quality i was looking for and a history like that w/ no stds i guess I would date him... dunno.

• Fair enough. But now I'm curious what this #1 quality is.

• definitely not. just wait for the right time you will find someone you can do that with. don't do it with prostitute if I will be your next prospect for dating and I learn about this I will lose respect to you. so think about this carefully. you don't have to pay for sex.

• I dont k ow?

• what? just jack off. you don't know what you can get if you use prostitute. even if you said you will be careful you don't know what will happen.

• yeah but it's not just about achieving orgasm. Sometimes it's just about being with a woman - and you don't get that by just jacking off.

• It would be very difficult to overlook. That's pretty similar (I assume) to a girl sleeping with 50 guys in 3 months because she's in a bad place. Sure, some will overlook it. But it's a pretty major dealbreaker to a lot of girls. It's just sort of shocking and extreme.

• Very good point, actually.

• Well if that's your stance then I respect it because it's fair. I'm not sure though. Wouldn't you be more hesitant to go for the girl with the very promiscuous past if you could have the girl who did not? I think in theory maybe you feel it's ok, but in practice if she were to become your girlfriend or wife?

• Would I be hesitant? Of course. But at some point, it comes down to trust. And if a girl slept with 50 guys in 3 months or whatever and she promised me that it was in the past and I trusted her, I think I'd be able to get over it. People do stupid shit. It happens. I'd feel the same way if someone used to binge drink all the time or used to chain smoke - would those impulses come back at some point? Would I end up being with a chain smoker or an alcoholic? Yeah, that'd worry me. Maybe I'm naive, but I believe in second chances. Especially when the first mistake was just done at a moment of weakness.

What Guys Said 4

• I've seen similar questions and the girls would all say they would dump him or never date him with the occasional girl who didn't mind.

I personally would never go that route myself but I do think the girls take the idea of avoiding someone who has way too far. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them would even manipulate men into buying them all sorts of stuff with the idea of giving them hopes of sex as well. There are legitimate concerns of the concept like possibly fucking druggies and stuff, but there's so many shady girls out there as it is posting stuff on craigslist like offering sex if the guy buys her college textbooks and stuff. These girls pretend to be saints when they do this stuff undercover.

• You say that as if all girls secretly do sexual favors for money or textbooks... sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not normal nor common.

• I'm positive most girls who have problems with guys using the service of prostitutes are girls who only had monogamous long term relationships aka picky in who they're choosing.

• I said some. Some does not equal all obviously. Read the opinion next time. It was merely a side comment.

• I sure wouldn't if I was one.

• This is a good subject. There are guys who have no social skills. Also who are ugly.. if you need to pay for it. Life is too short most people jugde for this reson with a lack of understanding of being a man. Guy need it dont blame them if most girls won't give them play. Remember its the most sought after and highest paid profession on earth. If you go to Germany the prostitute s are held in high esteem.. they make more money than doctors. I also notice all the girls that are responding are not very old. When you get older you will understand guys will slowly stop noticeing you exsist.. they won't go out of their way to talk with you. So you will be in the same situation. You might even have to pay to get some yourself..

• Where'd you hear that about Germany. It's not true bout the high esteem and bout the money. it's only true if she's really really hot.

• Wow... the responses.