Can a girl be too pretty to date?

I say this from both personal experience and from slight observation. I have had this line said to me countless of times 'Your so pretty! Why are you single?" Granted 90% of the time it's been said by the blatantly obvious "I just want to sleep with you" guys so I ignore it but other times it's been said by people not attracted to me in that way. So I ask, can a person be too pretty to date? I also know a girl who has the best personality, such a sweetheart and quite beautiful; yet she's always single. What's that about?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys might be intimidated, yeah. But it kinda goes both ways, ya know? Lots of women might feel intimidated by a guy that they think is really handsome as well.

Anyway, at the end of the day I think it's pretty silly, really; lots of people just getting in their own way.

What Guys Said 12

• Most people believe that attractive women can't be single. As per my observation, nothing could be further from the truth. Most men are intimidated by pretty women, and often don't bother approaching them because they are almost certain to be turned down (or so they believe). And if the pretty girl makes a move herself, then people are going to wonder if something is wrong with her, because she made a move in spite of being pretty.

Hence, its actually more common for pretty girls to be single, than the average ones.

• Well when some guys see a REALLY pretty girl as in catwalk pretty , they may think the girl is "out of their league".
    Not saying its right but just saying it happens.

Can always start dating people who don't think that way.

• I wouldn't say to pretty but if she's a looker It becomes more demanding on us men because she will require a lot to keep her happy.

• Never. Just less men can handle it/want to handle it. Some guys are so insecure they would avoid her because of the competition

• For some guys yes but there will always be some interested.

• If a girl is too pretty, i wouldn't date her since i'm insecure and I would think that i'm not good enough, you see? may be happening the same there

• A women is never to pretty to date, but the same time ironically a lot of them are single.

• no, but a girl can be too stupid and annoying to date but too pretty not to fuck

• For me yes a girl can be too pretty to date

• Eww and they can definitely be too ugly also.

• no girl is too pretty to date. if you ask me, it's the opposite. girls just aren't pretty enough.

• you say that with so much confidence and yet hide your face. typical.

• No one is not pretty enough, for someone to date them. Thats just BS. I seriously hope, you look like Johnny Depp at least, when making such a stupid comment, about girls not being pretty enough.

• i dont remember asking for this retard's opinion

• For some men it is possible. There are some women so attractive that a lot of men will be too intimidated to date them. I know men that have stopped dating women for no other reason than the woman was too pretty for them.

What Girls Said 3

• They weren't saying you were too pretty to date, they were expressing their surprise that a pretty girl didn't have a boyfriend. I don't think people are ever to pretty to date, just some don't meet the right person for them and aren't that desperate to just go with anyone who offers.

• Yeah, pretty girls can be intimidating. She just has to find that one dude with a set of balls on him.

• No but very pretty girls can be intimidating to guys sometimes it takes a guy with some balls to actually talk to you because he's interested and he will eventually come up to you so don't worry:)

• Women are afraid to date men more attractive then them, that I know for a fact.
      In 99% of couples I see the man is the less beautiful physical specimen.

• no way! women love beautiful men. Unfortunately beautiful men love themselves a lot more and the rate of being cheated goes up exponentially if you mess with one. Unless you find an ugly duckling that's so hot he doesn't now he's hot. Impossible.

• Yeah I agree @asker