He's 22 and I'm 25! should I even go out with him?

ok I am 24 but will turn 25 this December. He's 22 but I don't know his birthday. Anyway he thinks I am 23 because he got wrong information from a friend of ours.

So I really like him but I am afraid he will just dump me when he realized that I am 25. He's still in school but I have graduated and have a professional job. What should I do? Should I tell him upfront or wait until we get closer and tell him later. He still knows I'm older than him but only a year not three years! ugghh

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see what the huge deal is here? You obviously like this guy and besides it's only a date figure out what kind of guy he is on the date and then re-ask this question. My 1st gf was 23 and I was 21 we both met in college and she asked me out. I think you're the one who might be holding cards since your done with school and have a professional job, what's to lose some time with a guy who you are into? Worst case scenario you find out that the guy isn't all that and the date will be the first and last physical contact. Just try it and see what happens is what I say. Who knows for all you know the guy might be better than you originally thought...

What Guys Said 3

• He shouldn't mind. Has he asked your age? His wrong info is not your problem. Make sure you give plenty of clues (graduated, prof. job, etc). Then just never mention that you knew that he was misinformed.

A couple years is no big deal, especially as young as you are.

• Are we still doing this crap? This isn't 4th grade where we thought dating a 5th grade who was a year older than us was absurd!

Just date the guy! The age different isn't bad.

• sure its a 3 year age difference. big deal.

What Girls Said 2

• Its better to tell him now instead of waiting till yous get closer, keeping something like that away from someone isn't that great and the age is something you should know about each firstly :) its better to get if off your head now also instead of worrying about it a lot :)

• Big deal you were potty trained before him lol guys like older women.