Why do girls eat so little on dates?

Every time I take a girl out to eat they tell me they are hungry and order food and barely eat any of it? I paid for the damn food, eat it if your hungry!

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol are you kidding me? I would never! Lets have somethi g proper! Beer and pizza and i'm happy! Hehe even if i do have nerves i will never let my nerves get the better of me! Especially when it comes to food! Hell we will order more later on lmfao 😆😋

• Haha! Thanks for MH! 😏

• That's pretty cool lol. I remember a few Christmases that I went up to see him and we would spend the day at wherever they were using as their clubhouse lol. He lived out near Lake Marion in South Carolina between Summerton and Orangeburg. lots of good times lol. Their gatherings were very similar to what your describing lol. though the local LEOs left them alone lol. they had a couple FBI guys keeping an eye on them lol.

• Freaking cops in police cars cops on motorbikes, it was like cop central! Hehe yeah loved it great experience, everyone was cool with each other, the few nods and smiles..

What Girls Said 19

• lol! its probs nerves or not wanting to look like a pig in front of u. I'm one to eat in moderation. i won't b like 'oh just a salad please'. i think keeping it real is important.

• The only time I don't eat a lot of my food is if I was really hungry before, like have ate much during the day, bc your stomach shrinks, therefore I full up faster. But normally I will eat most of it, but I love food. Lol I told the guy I'm seeing, the way to my heart is to feed me haha. I was kidding, but I'm not going to be shy and order a tiny salad and only eat 1/3 of it bc I'm scared of what he thinks.. clearly he wants me to ear or he would have taken me else where on a date lol

• The portion sizes at restaurants are huge, I usually can't eat the whole plate without feeling sick or like I gorged myself. And some foods are more filling than others, & add appetizers to it, & the main course will be even harder to consume. I like food, but I can only eat so much before I'm stuffed.

• See I can easily understand that part but I was going more for the idea of a girl picking at her food after telling me she was really hungry and us selecting together the restaurant (so it fits in my budget and we both can find food we like)

• I understand what you're saying, I usually eat until I'm full, & don't play weird games where I only eat 2 or 3 bites. If we are going out to dinner, I'm going to eat. Maybe they are going on what women used to do in the past, when they ate in private before going out to a party, so they didn't eat too much when they got to party.

• Not me lol Guys are usually surprised how much I can eat because I'm so short and tiny. But I guess other girls may not want to because they are embarrassed? I don't know lol But for a petite woman, I can eat :p

• It depends on how well I know the guy on how much I eat and what I order. If we've just started dating then I usually order a salad and make a point to leave a little bit on the plate. I just don't really feel like pigging out in front of someone I don't know that well.

• I honestly dont want to pig out infront of him. i can't eat my chicken the way i want to in public not just him. when its really good my mouth starts groovin and movin fast.

• i dont really know. its like with me im just suddenly not that hungry... it could probably the attempt to please the guy that you try to watch your weight when ever you can.

• I just paid however much it cost for the food lol, I would be far more pleased if I didn't waste my money lol

• yeah but it just feels so awkward sometimes

• I don't eat much specially if am so nerve I think it's because of stress specially if it was first date..

• They're either nervous or they don't want to look like pigs in front of you.
    I honestly don't like eating much when I know the guy is going to pay. If I'm paying, I'll eat.

• I went on a date once where I paid for my own food (yup my first date and he didn't offer to pay) and after eating half of it my stomach started to hurt, so maybe it could be nerves

• well I certainly hope that it was your only date with that guy lol. The man should pay for at the very least food for his date.

• haha yes it was! lol we're still friends but I lost all interest after that

• Pshtt I'm the type to not really care, I'd eat like I normally do on a regular basis, a date isn't going to shrink my appetite xD

• I eat it all, no joke... guys probably wonder how a small girl can eat so much

• Some girls are kind of shy at first because they don't want you to think they're fat or anything, but over time they'll warm up to you^_^

• so that we dont look gross! wel be trying to impress the guy by not being total slobs/pigs

• as long as your not drooling on yourself, belching up a storm, and have bad manners while eating your not gonna look gross lol

• It could be out of nervousness? Whenever I have lunch with my guy friend who I happen to like I suddenly lose my appetite because I'm nervous :p And some girls aren't huge eaters like I am.

• It's some stupid thing some dumb chicks do to make themselves appear skinnier

• I don't haha

• It can be hard to eat and talk at the same time.

• The bloating. I wanna still be able to look good in my jeans by the end of the night. One meal can result in a muffin top.
    Oh... and the gas along with the bloating. Not cute or sexy at all.

• I can understand that to a point. the bloating thing wouldn't bother me a whole hell of a lot lol. i'm gonna check out how you look before and if i notice it changes il chalk it up to just cause you've eaten not cause your fat or anything lol

• Lol!

What Guys Said 3

• Well I don't choose places to eat on first dates for this reason. Personally, even though I'm a guy, I don't like eating places until I know them because it's honestly tough for me to eat with people and I have a really fast metabolism. So if you're dating thinner girls, they could be the same way and it makes things kinda awkward when they could already be awkward. Hopefully they get a doggie bag.

• They dont wanna show their true colors dat they are piggy and eat a lot ;P
    They're afraid dat it might disappoint us by how much they eat. I think the might've thought dat its disrespectful towards us as well.. thats how i see it.

• they are there not to eat but to talk and no come off as some hungry horse