Guys how would you react to getting a kiss on the cheek from a girl who likes you?

What would you do if a girl who likes you gives you a kiss on the cheek randomly?

How would you react to it if you like her too? And how would you react if you don't like her the same way?

Reason I ask is there's a guy I really like and he flirts a bit but I can't tell if it's friendly flirting or if he may be interested, and I'm really itching to be a bit affectionate with him so I thought I might give him a kiss on the cheek some time and see what happens, hopefully he won't react badly? I mean...I'm not super hot but I guess I'm pleasant looking and we always have a good laugh when we're together, but I'm still terrified he may think I'm not good enough for him and get rejected :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Aww.

You know something, I don't thin he's going to do anything to hurt your feelings from just a kiss on the cheek. You should go for it. Kiss him. I'm sure he'd like it. If a girl gave me a kiss on the cheek even if I wasn't into her the same, I'd still very much appreciate the gesture. It's flattering y'know? Besides, something like this might start him on thinking about you a different way. He might start to like you a little more. Some guys are like this. If he already likes then all the better. Now he may ask what that was about, and if so you can choose to tell him, or you can just give him some generic excuse or maybe say something like "because you're sweet/cute" or whatever.

I would also like to applaud you on asking this question. It's different. Normally I tell girls that just finding a moment to kiss a guy is the way to go, and follow up with giving a list of reasons why, but here you are, and you've already figured to go ahead and kiss him. I find it refreshing. I'm sheering you on. Rooting for you. I hope it all works out.

Go kiss him.

GO GO GO!

What Guys Said 7

• its very assertive of you, but its definitly worth a shot if you get him alone some time soon. I know that it could be stressful thinking about it, but I just say go through with it, you have nothing to lose by taking a shot, right?

• There's really no reaction here that all guys would agree on. If a girl I like kissed me on the cheek, I would probably kiss her on the lips & either talk about it or keep going. If a girl who I don't like kissed me, I would either leave or talk about it & consider if I like her. From what information you have given me, I say that you should go for it.

• I would be filled with very good feelings. :)

• I'd look into her eyes and smile, then kiss her back.

• These are so sweet !

Definately a classy icebreaker... with the suggestion of more :)

• A kiss on the cheek is a common greeting gesture here in my country, and everytime my crush does it, I feel my whole body tingling.

• wait for him to say something and if he doesn't say anything indirectly tell him that you like him and see if he likes you or not. And for the kiss I think he is a little shy or he does not like you. I am not sure but only expressing your feelings will help you.

What Girls Said 3

• You go girl :)There's no harm in kissing a guy on the cheek. I've done it and haven't gotten any bad reactions from it. Its cute, innocent and very flattering. So go for it! And good luck :D

• I'm in the same boat! One of my best friends is a guy that I also happen to have feelings for (but would be content to stay just friends too). We have tons in common with our likes/dislikes and really enjoy each others company and are very relaxed around each other. We also love playing basketball together and he even makes the two hour drive from where he lives to hang out with me and play basketball about once a month or so.

We already give big hugs to each other during our hellos and goodbyes but lately I've been wanting to give him a kiss on the cheek during a time we're saying goodbye. I feel that it would be innocent enough since it wouldn't be on the lips but the one thing holding me back is I'm afraid of making things awkward for him if he's uncomfortable with the idea of me doing that to him. I know girls have their boundaries more defined but what about guys? As an introverted loner who has never been very good with people and socializing this is uncharted territory for me.

Even as just friends would he be happy to receive a kiss on the cheek from a female friend?

After reading some of the replies here it seems like guys really like it, so it's giving me much more courage to do so. I'm glad I found this place!

• This is the same anon who posted the above post. I wanted to give anyone reading this post an update.

Last week I got the courage to kiss him on the cheek after our goodbye hug and it went great! He didn't seem phased by it at all and never skipped a beat. We continued our goodbyes and he was smiling at me as he got into his vehicle to head home. The next day I emailed him about our day (not bringing up the kiss) and he replied with no hint of awkwardness and even expressed his desire to come over again soon!

So anyone reading this post who's unsure if they should do it, I'd say go for it! I hope my story can motivate others to get the courage.

• this is exactly my problem! I actually did end up kissing him on the cheek, and it was amazing <3 it actually got him thinking about me more, and he texts me a lot more and talks to me on the phone. I'm so glad I did it. go for it!

• Girl I'm in the same position as you ! Today I kiss my guy friend on the cheek after a hug an now he's talking to me more. I've read that kisses on the cheek make guys melt.