The thought of losing me made him cry and he's scared of losing me?

I've been seeing this guy for about 9 months now. When we first started seeing each other, we both did not want a relationship because I had just gotten out of a bad one and he was not ready to settle down. We are about two years apart in our early twenties. Anyway, for the past few months, we have been getting a lot closer. We would talk about the future, our expectations, personal ambitions, children, marriage. Every night for the past month or two, we would talk for hours on end, sometimes ranging from 2 hours to 7 hours till it was time for both of us to wake up and go to university or work. A couple of months ago, I also found out from his best friend that he is going to ask me to be his girlfriend but he had to wait for the right time to ask me.

We both have talked about our feelings for each other and how important we are to each other and how much we do not want to lose each other. One night, I may have hinted to him that I thought of asking him out because his best friend said he was scared to do it because of his uncertainty that i dont like him enough to do it. Eventually he found out that I was gonna ask him and from that day on, our behavior towards each other is still the same.

A few days ago, we talked and told me that he was not ready to commit because he thinks he's still has a lot to experience in life. But the things I said and the idea of losing me made him cry. And they were not teardrops.. he was sobbing on my shoulder and hugging me so tight that i couldnt breathe. We were both crying so much that I can't remember how many tissues we used between each other. . When I asked him again, if being single was what he really wanted, he told me that he was unsure of w when he was gonna tell me but now, thinking about his feelings for me, and the thought of losing me made him think twice about what he wanted. We continue to stay how we are until he is sure.

What are your thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he needs to just figure out wtf he wants. Sounds like he intended to dump you, but something happened that made him want you. I don't mind a guy crying I guess, but I pretty much hate anyone who's too emotional, guy or girl. Quite frankly, sound like if you were to be in an relationship with him, he'd be a ticking time bomb and would need to often be "convinced" of how much he cares for you.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, they say that men crying every once in a while could be healthy for them but i think he's a cup cake. There are a few exceptions as to when i think crying can allow you to keep your man card, and that was not one of them.

• first , how old are you two?

• He sounds weak. A guy should always know what he wants out of life. We only live once, and I will sound like a dick but it is so hard to accomplish ones person goals and dreams in life, and it is easy to get another girl friend that his priorities sound wack lol. I think if you want to be with him just tell him you will support him with these experiences he wants out of life and if you don't live up to that, than he can leave you.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm cool with guys crying, I mean they're allowed to have emotions, but in this case his crying sounds a little dramatic... I mean he's full on sobbing at the thought of losing you, yet he's the one who doesn't want to commit... what?

• I think that he realized how much he really cares about you... Him crying is really sweet, that means he is in touch with his emotions which is rare for men! I like guys like that :)) but he definitely cares about you a lot.

• I would be surprised I had no idea men had feelings

• Im okay with a guy crying just as long as its not all the time

• It's cute.