If a girl asks a guy out does she pay?

If a girl was to ask a guy out do you think she should pay for the date? or do you think its a more gentlemen thing to do?

personally if i ask someone out i pay because i was the one who invited them, so what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes sense, otherwise she's not asking a guy out, she's asking a guy to take her out and buy her dinner.

What Guys Said 11

• I think she should at least start to reach for the bill or act like she is paying.
    When I was young I was very steadfast in the belief the man always pays.
    Today that is not always possible and really it she should at least treat once and a while.
    Usually I will pay but my finances are not great so if we end up going out a lot, she will need to pay sometimes. If we go out a few times then mostly go to each others house to hang out then it spreads it out more and I am more likely to pay each time.

• honestly it depends, if the guy is broke then yes hahaha, but hel deff take a blow to his pride, thinking youl like him less because of it. but if its not a bother to you, no, but if your always paying for things then no. now i hate being sexist but guys feel like they have to pay because they feel they need to be strong for a woman, and not having money is a form of weakness to us. and if a guy doesn't pay a bill for a date out of several, then he's just in it for the free fun of going out, and is a panzy ass. but a woman paying for things occasionally is pretty cool imo. it shows that your not all about being spoiled and want the guy to blow money on you, and that you really care about having a good time with the guy.

• Being raised with the "Old School" traditional Gentleman ways, I always pay.

I've had a girl ask me out in a direct tone though with a smile. When we went out I did pay and I did rush to the check. It was nice that she reached for her purse not knowing I had gotten to it first.

Times are different now so I usually start going dutch after the third date. But, as hopefuldancer stated, if i were told it was her treat in the begining then it'd help. I won't lie, it might feel a bit strange the first time around but i would also feel a bit honored.

• Although I try not to spend much on the girl for the first 2 years, I always offer and insist to pay. Just to be a gentleman

He may really appreciate the thought, its rare now a days women doing this

• It makes sense to start out that way, and the guy might either insist to pay at least half of it or his own portion or all of it. It depends, but "whoever invites the other should offer to pay the whole thing or at least 75%" makes sense to me.

• same! it shits me when friends of mine ask someone out on a date and expect them to pay even though they were the one to ask them. Its ridiculous

• Forgot to mention... If your friends for a while it may be understood that each pays their own way. A gal invited me ziplining. I told her OK, just let me know when. In any case, we are friends for a couple years. I don't expect her to pay $80 for me. We are not romantic either, but we like each other and would possibly be romantic if I wasn't married and a little younger.

• @slackercruster okay, but she wouldn't expect you to pay her 80$ either along with your own, right? It makes sense that you'd pay for your own if you can. It's pretty much part of my pride not to be catered for like that, heh. The hypothetical situation was about how she invites you, and she expects you to pay her dinner or ticket or the like.

• Girl pays unless she says Dutch. If he wants to pay some that is fine, but don't expect it.

If your broke, invite out for low / no cost dates. In the old days, there was lots of low cost fun to be parking and necking.

• For once I would be up for it

• "or do you think its a more gentlemen thing to do? " <---- that's stupid, both should pay their own. the guy isn't a fool to pay for both.

• hey im going offf what people say to me, i personally do not care. If i were to ask him on a date i would pay. But im talking about girls who think a guy should pay regardless wether you asked them or not.

• those girls are stupid, it'd be better to leave from the dinner and let her pay for both to have her lesson hahahah

• I feel it's best to look inward and start doing what YOU feel you should do. Then it is genuine, and a guy would notice and really appreciate that.

• girl asking guy out ha ha ha funny joke

• i ask guys out O. o..

• well then good for you i suppose you must have lots of self confidence

• not really, just dont want to regret anything in life or miss an opportunity

• Depends if I was also interested in the girl. If I am definitely would always pay. If not lol no way would I pay.

What Girls Said 6

• I wrestle them for it, but if I ask them out the best I'll allow them to do is go dutch. I always try to pay (at least on the first date).

• wrestle to pay?

• All the guys I've asked out have still insisted on paying for some reason, so I refuse to let them.

• I'd ask out but day that it was in you to begin with so he knew what your intention was or else he'd probably grab the bill.

• I guess that would be the right thing to do. I'm usually all about going Dutch. :/

• Yes go Dutch, then split the bill.

• I like it when both take turns to pay for each other. Personally speaking, I hate splitting the bill.

• Heck no, the bot is always suppose to pay.