I think I ruined everything with my crush?

Ok so first I'll give you some background info. Last year I was a new student at my high school. My current crush had a BIG crush on me last year and always flirted and tried to make me laugh. I didn't like him at the time. But as time went on, I started having feelings for him. As I started having feelings for him, he kinda just went away. He barely talks to me anymore or acknowledges me in any way. I text him sometimes but their short conversations. Today in class, we were rating people and my friend told me to rate my crush. I said no because he sits right behind me. My crush leaned in and started listening. He had his earbuds in and didn't catch the whole conversation. He thought my friend was guessing who I like. My crush said "It's probably me that she likes." With a serious face. I said no and continued the conversation, he figured out that we were rating people and said "oh what did you rate me? I'm a ten right?" And flexed his arms. We laughed and brushed it off. Now he knows I like him because afterwards my friend told him I do. I tried texting him asking about homework and he responded about 20 minutes later. And after that he didn't try to carry on a convo like he usually does. I feel so stupid now for even telling anyone I like him because he used to like me because I was a challenge for him. What do I do? How do I fix this? Thanks!

I know most of you are going to say just to back off for a little bit, but I feel like I'll just slip out of his life and he'll forget about me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why didn't you like him at first?

• Because I thought he was a big flirt and I thought he was just messing with me but I found out (from him) that he actually really liked me and he eventually decided I just wasn't worth it anymore. He was trying so hard and I blew him off so I'm guessing that's why he doesn't want to speak to me anymore. But I don't know how to fix it

• Is he a player? He sounds like it. Anyway how old is he?

• He isn't a player. He hasn't had a girlfriend in a really long time and is very picky about the girls that he likes or gets close to. He is 16

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him out on a date. If he asks you if you like him, you could maybe say “I don’t know how I feel about you yet. I’m still figuring you out.”

• If you have the confidence, ask him on a date? I'm flattered if a girl asks me out

What Girls Said 1

• He's not interested, never was