My boyfriend calls me a whore as a joke?

My boyfriend calls me a whore as a joke a lot. I've told him repeatedly that I hate it, and that it hurts, but he has insisted on doing it to the point where I can't even be bothered reacting now. But then he says he's joking. And tells me I'm his whore so it's okay.
Is this normal? Is this okay? I'm so confused and I feel like I can't approach any family or friends over it in fear that they will judge him.

Also take into account we have been dating for around 4 months and this has occurred the past 2-3.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it bothers you this much that you are at the point of not laughing and are afraid to get advice from people you trust then no, its not normal. There is a limit on a person's feelings, and if he doesn't take your feelings into consideration then he is not worth it. I am not saying break up, but as a boyfriend he should know when he has gone to far and multiple times you said stop. He should respect you and listen. No one should be classified as their "whore". If it doesn't stop and you keep wanting him to, then there is a serious problem. He should respect your wishes no matter if he's joking.

What Guys Said 11

• Firstly he is wrong to even be joking about this in the first place. If you have told him repeatedly that you hate it he should be respecting that and not doing it. There is no way I would be calling a girl this as a joke. I am wondering if him calling you this is linked to some kind of fetish he has that he has not told you about? This is not normal and it is not ok. I think you have to think about if you really want to be with a guy that does not respect your feelings.

• I do not know what it is. He has emotional issues that stem from his childhood as his mother was a drug addict etc.
      don't get me wrong, he can be the sweetest man. I'm just starting to think he has some deep underlying issues he is taking out on me.

• the next time he calls you like that, give him a slap

• I'd recommend against that. What if he strikes back? If he doesn't stop acting like an idiot, she just dump him and find someone less immature.

• No, this is not normal. He disregards your feelings, if i were in your position i would consider breaking up with him to be honest.

• He's a douche, plain and simple.

• And your still dating this guy because?

• Sounds like a swell guy. Should bring him down to meet the folks.

• Seriously, i will ask you one question. Why do girls date Jerks? Sorry you thought people wouldn't judge him here but he sounds kinda creepy.

• He wasn't a jerk when I fell in love with him. If everyone could just lay off the negative remarks and stick to the question I'd be grateful. It isn't making my situation any easier.

• Sorry again, didn't mean to hurt you. You're the one who have to make a decision in the end. If he doesn't care about your feeling, what do you think you should do? Tell me him you don't like it, and tell him straight forward you don't want that to be called not even in a joke.

• Once you told him you don't like that and still he calls you that, its a clear indication that he doesn't care. Either he is so stupid, or so self involved to ignore what you told him.

• At the long run he will break up drastically with you and hurt you then

• It is... sometimes normal but the only part of "sometimes" comes in the bedroom. Some girls... many I have known in fact, like being called that while getting fucked. Outside of that, there really is no feasible reason I can think of to call your girlfriend a whore outside of a breakup scenario. He either has no respect for you (which is evident by his continuing to do it when you say it hurts you), really think you're a whore (which seems very likely), or is hoping you get pissed off enough to leave him because he's too cowardly to leave you.

That isn't a good relationship.

• When people say "I'm joking" it means "I meant what I said but regret saying it.."

Also, a whore means a woman who has sex for money. How he treats one woman is how he is going to treat other women and his relationship with his mother was the first relationship with a woman he ever had. You stated his mother was a drug addict so perhaps his mother may had had a few side jobs to support those drug habits? Only God knows.

But if you hate something, change it, my beautiful princess.

• She did.

• Meaning if he calls you a whore then he probably does this to his mom, too.

• I don't understand your stupidity of keeping this relationship alive. Douchebags are so lucky. They will treat girls like sex object and still women wants to be with them for adventure and so called for their charming personality.

What Girls Said 3

• what an asshole.
    normal? who cares? is it ok? HELL. NO.
    I'm actually happy y'all haven't been dating that long. honestly, if i were u id dump him. there's no respect here.

• If you told him you hate it and that it hurts you and he still does it, then that shows he doesn't care about your feelings. I think you should reassess whether you want someone who doesn't care about your feelings as your boyfriend.

• That's not ok. Tell him: "I want to break up with you" and then tell him it was just a joke. Either that or actually break up with him because you want to date an immature guy?