I texted a new guy 2 hours ago and he hasn't texted me back, should I scrap the date?

I met a guy last week and we hit it off really well. We texted everyday since and he asked me out for today.

I texted him about 2 hours ago and I haven't heard for him yet. A part of me is saying to give him a few more hours since he did tell me that he was helping his brother with his car first. A part of me is saying "fuck 'em",

Which part of me is right?

Pushing up on 3 hours now...
And we just hit the five hour mark. I texted him to have a good night.

Most Helpful Guy

• nah just keep waiting. he won't stiff you like that, if he does then I bet he didn't mean it.

What Guys Said 10

• The first. He's busy, and he even warned you before hand. If you call of the date then it'll just confuse him and you'll both start the downward spiral of playing hard to get and confusing each other.

• If you like him, just wait. If you cancel the date, your chance of having any kind of real relationship with him will be severely diminished.

• Take a Valium its only been two hours

• slow down... Not sure your time zone, but day isn't over yet. He is trying to help his brother, and may be trying hard to finish something before it gets too dark to see.

• The part that want to wait is the correct part. 2 hours isn't even that long. I'm sure he's got a good reason.

• Give him a call and find out if he's doing something. You may have to reschedule. Relax.

• He's bullshiting you so hard lmao. Why did you even text him good night? That makes you a sucker. If I was the guy and I was LEGITIMATELY busy, I would have called you.

• what else can you do but wait and see

• He might be busy; fixing a car is not easy or fast

• Yeah don't scrap it yet give it a bit of time

• wait wait wait.

What Girls Said 4

• I think you're just afraid of being rejected.

He told you he'd be busy helping his brother. Boys - cars - distracted. Don't worry. Relax. He'll get back to you.

• Still no response? Because fixing a car isn't easy unless he's a mechanic and sometimes they take ling as hell have you tried calling cuz his phone might be dead maybe your text got list there are way to many possibilities maybe he blocked you never know

• The fuck em part!!!

• Fork that forker