I like a girl but she lives across the country... (Long)?

Okay, so I met this girl on a website and we've been talking steadily for about two months. We have great conversations and we have an insane amount of things in common to the point where it's kind of scary. After about a month of talking to her, I started to develop slight feelings for her and they keep growing every time I talk to her... She's so smart and funny and brilliant and ugh. I can't get over it. We're both the same age and we're both bi, so there's not really a problem there... There's only two problems, I guess. 1) I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me, but I'm too scared to come right out and ask her because I don't want to ruin our friendship. 2) She lives in freaking California while I live in South Carolina. I guess the first one is the main problem... I could do long distance (which I'm usually very against, but... I don't know, I'd do it with her) but I don't know how to see if she likes me? It's obviously much harder when our communication is strictly messaging... Hell, I hardly even know what she looks like. I'm just very unsure as to what to do and I'm scared of ruining a friendship.

If anyone who has had a long distance relationship reads this, how did it start out? Like, how did you two find out you liked each other? And how do you try and flirt through messaging? Not major flirting, but very subtle... Just a hint here and there. Okay, this was long. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have any experience with long distant relationships, but I do have some experience with long distance friendships!
    First off, if you don't really know what she looks like, I'd just make sure she is who she says she is. Nothing wrong with checking and it shouldn't be a problem for her to Skype with you or to send more pictures.

As for figuring out whether or not she feels the same way about you, I think you just need to have patience! It sounds like you have plenty of time to do that.

Hope this helped!

• Oh, we cleared that up early on... The making sure we are who we say we are thing.

And yeah... Patience. I've never been great at that, but ya know... I'll do whatever I can, to be honest...

• Well you said you hardly even know what she looked like, so just wanted to leave a little note about that! Good luck :-)

• Yeah, I understand... It's just been a while since I've seen her... Basically all I remember is red hair and brown eyes
      And thanks :3

What Guys Said 1

• Friendship does not see any distance!!!

• Yes, true, but I want much more than friendship with her. I have a lot of friends who live in different parts of the world... I'm fine with that. I want a relationship with her though, and I'm not sure how that would work with us living over 2,000 miles apart. I wouldn't mind as much if we were actually IN the relationship (sure it'd suck not being able to see her, but I'd deal)... I'm just not sure how to show her I'm interested and see if she's interested back..

What Girls Said 1

• We'll if you're willing to travel to meet her up why nit

• Well, of course I am later on, but we're both 16 now and both from very oppressive families that don't accept LGBT+ people. We'd definitely have to wait until we were in college to see each other. But that's not really my problem... I just. I don't know how to see if she likes me back... I'm scared to ask because what if it ruins our friendship by making it awkward?