Would you date someone who has a lisp through thier speech?

My boyfriend has a slight lisp and I think it's cute :) but he wants to go to speech therapy to get rid of it because he doesn't like it :(

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe/depends

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a lisp and I was bullied over it so I can see why your boyfriend would want to get rid of it. But once I started university I've had guys telling me it was hot, and they loved it so I embraced it. If you find it cute it should boost his confidence majorly! ^^

What Guys Said 11

• Depends, they have to win me over. I used to hate emma stone because her lisp, but in that last spiderman movie I just fell for her.

• It's absurd that someone wouldn't date someone because of a lisp, and I think anyone who thinks that way is quite mean. But on the other hand I completely understand why your boyfriend would want to fix his lisp. I suggest telling him how you feel about it and let him choose from there. (Also don't complain if he does end up fixing his lisp, be encouraging).

• I would. I think it sounds sexy for a chick. Guys with a lisp I know its wrong but I automatically think they are gay.

• only if theyre cute and the lisp isn't that bad.

• He wants to be a man and tough not sweet and weak. Let him fix it

• I mean if i like the person that won't be a problem

• My wife has a lisp.

• Depends how bad the lisp is

• wouldn't bother me...

though i think if that's his choice/decision, let him..

• who cares? beggars can't be choosers.

• Im 21 and I've always had a slight stuttering problem. Itll come out from time to time, but im used to it. It wouldn't be a big deal to me it my gf had one

What Girls Said 14

• Sure, doesn't bother me especially if its not obvious.

I currently date someone who has a speech impediment.

• It wouldn't bother me but if it would make him feel more confident, and maybe more successful at work, let him go to a speech therapist.

• I would and have, I was engaged to them.. well, we didn't break up because of their lisp, lol.. they were super self-conscious to me. But I am hard-of-hearing; as a child, I lisped and could barely speak until going to speech therapy, which was hard work for me. I hated speech therapy. It is hard work! But maybe that's because I was starting from scratch, really.. I say he should embrace it :)

But of course it's ultimately his choice! :)

• Oh lord no. No offense, but I find a lisp completely unattractive. I have one friend, a guy who is older than me, that speaks with a lisp. And while people have suggested once or twice that we date, I am just not attracted to him at all, partially due to his lisp (I mean, there are other factors too, but the lisp is one of them).

• If he wants to fix it that's his choice and you shouldn't tell him not to.

• Just because he has a lisp doesn't mean anything, I would totally date some one with a lisp. That shouldn't lower his chances, you could end up giving up a very loving smart guy who would give you the world just because he has a lisp.

• Yes I would, and i have. I don't see how it would even be a problem, everyone has flaws and lisps are actually so cute. And if he doesn't like it and wants to go to speech therapy support him on it and let him. After all it is his choice.

• I wouldn't care about something so small. A lisp is not a deal breaker for me.

• Well support him but while u support him u could tell him how u feel

• Its kinda cute in guys

• I find it cute too :)

• One of my ex boyfriends had a lisp! I absolutely loved it, I thought it was really cute!

• He'll get over it, even if he quits paying for "help"
    once he gets to a better, less stressful place in life

• It would be adorable!

• My boyfriend has it too. Big that's because he decided it was cool to pierce his tongue when he was younger. Tell your boyfriend to embrace it.