Guys/girls: do you have a type? A certain look you go for (physical traits) or social traits (personality). Feel free to share pics?

I know some people truly do not have a type but my opinion is that the majority of us gravitate to a consistent type. Agree? Disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personality wise, Im very drawn to driven and ambitious men. They don't have to be rich/successful. I love nerds and intellectual guys with a good personality. I notice I tend to fall for the engineers type 95% of the time.

Looks wise, It varies. As long as he's attractive to me, idc.

What Guys Said 13

• My wife was my type. Is my type. I can't decide if I should type that in past or present tense.

Personality: brilliant, artistic, musically talented, kind, very affectionate, wonderful with children, very passionate about her profession and her interests, funny and at ease with cracking jokes about herself, her ethnicity, and her family.
    Looks: Dark hair, dark eyes, very soft skin, nice boobs

• I'm going for that weird, shy, goofy, cute, feisty, funny playful girl who isn't scared to herself (#^ ^#). Looks wise it doesn't matter as long as I feel she has a cute face and yes she can even be a little overweight/skinny. Overall I don't have a type IMHO because I like everything and everyone (race) www.coatpant.com/.../...eve-T-Shirts-For-Women.jpg + www.drlopo.com/.../teen-smiling-girl.jpg + ifashionstyles.info/.../...men-with-thick-hair.jpg lastly http://i.imgur.com/aMhJn.jpg

• I prefer women shorter than me. I'm an ass man! I love a nice round butt, nice teeth. Small feet.

• I don't think I do. When I look back at my exes and my current girl I don't see too many similarities when it comes to looks or personality.

• Diversity. Nice. and in your dating adventures, what type of girl has given you the best memories?

• Just ones with a good sense of humor and no how to be laid back.

• i rather tall and curvy girls basically ;-)

• Well first I look for knives that could potentially be stuck in my back, then I look for silver tongues and horns, shifty eyes, and tramp stamps, if I don't find any of those I'm usually interested then.

• A sweet girl with a heart of gold that looks like Jessica Alba

• I like bad attitudes and a girl who ignores me. I was given too much attention throughout my life which is probably like being ignored. I like girl that is sweet when she wants to be, but bad as well.

• I always seem to go towards party girl types then get burned.

• Coksonfident women who are sure in themselves, not so fussed over lo

• The smart ones, stupid chicks turn off

• Not white. and organized with good humor.

• so, any girl who isn't white? The nationality (race, ethnicity) does not matter to you at all (except that she is NOT white), right?

• I guess I have more stuff then that. I like foreign women
      I kind of feel like I used to have a type, but I grew out of it.
      I dated my type once and it was good, but she ended it so I kind of experimented after that and I keep it pretty wide open now and have created a new type for myself.
      I do agree that most people start with a type, but I think they either choose to stick with their type or move away from it.
      It's not that I don't find white women attractive physically I do, I just don't want to marry a white American girl.
      If she's from Europe perhaps. It does matter a bit, usually latina or Asian, some black girls are nice looking too.
      I'm not too picky in the looks department, can be chubby or skinny, but not fat or anorexic, has to be shorter then me.

• Agree. I kinda like the girl next door type

• and what, to you, does that girl look like? No detail is too small.

What Girls Said 11

• http://i.ytimg.com/vi/WJvMyTZXXlI/0.jpg
    That is what I prefer. A skinny, geeky, cute guy.
    He's pretty much perfect from what I've seen on his YouTube channel. He's nice, he's a geek, loves science, loves videogames, makes silly/punny jokes, he loves cats and animals, he's funny, he's smart.
    He's pretty much the perfect guy if he weren't already married ;(
    Lol

I think we all do somewhat of a preference, I guess that could be their type, but attraction is much more than what we like. My most recent ex was a bit on the chubby side, he had more boobs than me, and I still found his body very sexy. He was not a science enthusiast like me, but that's fine.
    Sometimes people date completely out of their type. And that helps you see that you can enjoy other body types.
    I didn't think I could enjoy a chubby body, but I did. So although I do have my preference for the skinny nerd boys, I still can appreciate other types just as much.

• I don't have a certain type that I look for. I've liked/felt attracted to very different guys (physically and personality).
    Although, I kinda have this attraction to guys that are kinda emo style (black skinny jeans, white or black t-shirt, leather bracelet, black all star) without the tattoos, piercings and the long and dyed hair.
    i1231.photobucket.com/.../..._522731_1548307_n.jpg

Also I prefer thin guys, than too muscular ones:
    www.cute-hairstyles-haircuts.com/.../...g-boys.jpg

Hair like this:
    hairstylesol.com/.../...ung-guy-hairstyle-2010.jpg

• Tall and trim (rather than overly muscular) and full of self confidence. Darker hair and eyes over blonde hair or blue eyes. Driven and ambitious although ultimately money doesn't matter. Good sense of humor is a must.

• What do you consider tall?

• Since I am 5'9" I like at least 6' and over. Ideally, 6'1" to 6'3". I have dated 5'11" before, just can't wear heels :)

• omg... I would be DEVASTATED to not be able to wear heels... but good for you.
      Sounds like you know what you want.

• I don't really have a type. It's like every time I look for a new guy/girl I want something new. I think different cultures and races are so interesting so I want to experience them all. I've dated white people, Asian people, and black people. But I've always wanted to date someone Indian, a Korean guy and definetly a Israeli/Jewish guy. I don't know their curly hair is just so cute to me

• That's way cool. I personally prefer straight hair. But to each our own, right?

• I tend to go for fun, open-minded people... as far as a certain look is concerned, I find them attractive but so far (and having wracked my brains), I can't seem to think of any two or three who could be classified as a certain type... maybe my taste in aesthetics are a bit eclectic

• I must say I am not picky, as long as the guy doesn't wear tight pants. If I had to choose this is what I'd pick: tall, sweet, honest, big eared and cheeky. I love a guy that doesn't mind joking around, not that I've ever dated anyone but I like a guy like that.

• I always seem to like the darker types (dark hair, dark eyes) and guys that just look manly. Also I love gentlemen, nice guys.

• sounds like you and I have a similar taste based on that description)

• I don't have a type. If I think of all the people I've been attracted to they are very different from one another.

I've noticed my brother has a type even tho he denies it. I think guys more often have a type than girls do

• Tall. 6'0 and over. Muscular bodybuilder type!

• Yes the eminem and Garett Hedlund hedlund (In death sentence) type
    I love my blonde and blue eyed men. Particularly buzz cut
    Bald men are fun too

• I like guys who are confident, at least 5'6, knows what they want, goal orientated, I seem to fall for Italians a lot. I do not like long hair, tattoos depends, kind heart, blue or grey eyes are a turn on. I want a guy who is physical, as I like things a little rough, high libido, can make me laugh, good heart, will play pokemon and watch harry potter with me