Have you ever felt instant chemistry with someone? Do you think both people feel it?

I ran into an old friend at the store and I have always thought he was attractive but for some reason when I saw him I just instantly felt happy and could not stop smiling. It was so good to see him and I instantly started wondering how he had been and what he had been up to. Our interactions began escalating from liking photos to commenting on Facebook posts and now we are starting to flirt with eachother. Is it all because of that meeting? Just seeing eachother? My mom was with me and she said she thinks he likes me because of the way he was looking at me. (Even though I looked liked a mess haha). My question is, when you feel this instant attraction, is it usually a mutual thing? I hope so. Haha. Thanks for your input. :)

• It's usually mutual.
  • It's probably a one way feeling.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it can be one sided but in your case I think it was mutual - your mum spotted it in him - I think when we are attracted and someone responds (eg also looks into our eyes and smiles) then our attraction escalates.

What Guys Said 2

• I've had that instant attraction before I acted on it and it turned out to be mutual. Though this won't always be the case.

• It's very rare to like someone instantly, so they chances of both of you feeling it is almost non-existant

What Girls Said 1

• i have but I'm never relying on that shit again. that's how i got with an ex of mine and he turned out to be the wrong guy. gone waaay too fast, so from now on, no matter how good the chemistry is, I'm going to take my time.

• The chemistry just means you are attraxted to each other and will probably be a great match on a sexual level but there is a whole lot more to a relationship isn't there? Its so easy to neglect these other things when you get caught up in the excitement...

• im not sure what the point ur trying to make is sorry lol. but whatever. @anniroc

• Thats ok. Different wave length...