Third Date rule, still a virgin, and beyond?

I have been talking to this guy for a while and went on 3 "dates" with him. The last 2 was at my place, and it was pretty "innocent" in the sense that we just binge watched netflix. On the 3rd date though, we started making out and I felt that he was expecting more than a makeout session (as we were slowly moving towards a physically, different position...) but I stopped him from going any further (as mentioned I am still a virgin, and not sure if I do want to lose it at this stage of the relationship). We haven't talked about our relationship per se, but I do like this guy quite a lot. I guess its quite complicated too - he's graduating college and moving to another city soon. So i guess my question is more like what do guys actually expect from a third date? I turned him (sex?) down on the third date. Relationship-wise, I'm quite sure he's not looking for something serious at the moment, but how do I even start to address the conversation with him? On one side I want to be exclusive, but with the circumstances given? i think i am slightly falling for him, which I am afraid of.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are no rules!

What Guys Said 1

• It gets to the point where I say, if you want a true relationship... get married! Without marriage, there's no commitment which is why people can have sex so easily after the first few dates.

What Girls Said 1

• Have sex when you are ready. I lost my virginity to my boyfriend 3 hours after going on the first date and first time meeting him. We have been together over 4 years. If you aren't ready just wait. Go at your pace